Got sent this photo today

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know.:D
.......... I'm pretty smart sometimes when someone else takes on the responsibility of using my advice. :D

I am even smarter
You pop onto a plane and come down and fix it. Someone said NZ$400 which is probually about US$250 so that should cover your expenses if you sit on the tail of the plane with your packed lunch to keep the costs down, Maybe travel in a large cardboard box could be another option? :)
Maybe one side of the building will peel back, let the vinyl flatten, maybe a week or so, then re glue
Once the slab has moved it will not move again
Just don't to forget to tell our Immigration Officials you are here on holiday. You are not working otherwise the will put you back onto the plane
See you soon :)

Went down today and cut the vinyl. It surprised me the vinyl didn't pull all the compound off the floor with half of it sticking to the back of the vinyl
The only compound which came off was where the joint was. I filled it again then reglued

MATAMATA.JPG

MATAMATA 2.JPG

I am impressed Jon............ Did that lay flat without any re-trimming?
Looks like it would change shape being bent or become distorted with all those chair legs holding the material open over such a short area.

In the upper part of the 1st image, is that two seams?

In the upper part of the 1st image, is that two seams?

highup I was waiting at the airport for you but you never arrived :)
When I first cut it I cut around a pattern in a bad area to see what was going to happen. Then found there was the join in the vinyl running across the room. That vinyl was quite soft. I should have also refilled the floor again as it sagged a bit in places

When I first cut it I cut around a pattern in a bad area to see what was going to happen. Then found there was the join in the vinyl running across the room. That vinyl was quite soft. I should have also refilled the floor again as it sagged a bit in places

Bravo, Jon. Great fix. We could have sworn that the opening in your first pic was a rip.

Latest posts

Back