Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should have been on your TV if the clip got down here
There was a similar one on tonite as well

Might have been, but didn't see it. You tube as far as I know never has something you can read as an alternative ( such as a transcript)

OK, I don't have a clue what the U tube was about, so I can only guess.

I don't get swayed emotionally by stuff like this Jon. I'm pissed like everyone else, but I thingk rationally. (how we gonna fix this) Nothing is pretty about this sort of senseless violence. 9 to 11 kids die every day from texting and driving. It's not news is it? Ya gotta have a shooting like this or a plane loosing people in mass or else it's not newsworthy. One a a time is just fine and dandy. :rolleyes:
It's like getting frustrated from busting your knuckles when a greasy wrench slips and you break a knuckle. You can take a deep breath and stop for the night............. figure out what you did wrong, then make sure you don't ever let that happen again.

.....or you can in the toss the wrench across the room as hard as you can towards the wall.
...........where it bounces off that wall, ricochets off the front window of your 32 roadster, (breaking it) the goes on and hits a 1/2 full gas can and it topples it onto the floor, catching your garage on fire and destroying 1/2 your home and kills your cat before it's all said and done.
I see the anger before the thought process going on right now. Not really a good time for decisions. ...but maybe a good time for a review.
People here (snowflakes) are even questioning the removal of the 2nd amendment to our constitution. Boy oh boy, if you ever wanted to see a second civil war here, that would do it in a second. Our own sheriff's department would be on our side and probably most of them across the country.
The problem with societal de-evolution is fighting the problem. 99.9 percent of people behave, so don't punish them because of a wildcats.
How much is the cost of locking the doors of a school once the morning bell rings?
How about a few trained teachers, principals, custodians with guns at the schools?
Shooters have guns, but schools can't have protection? gimme a break. .......it's freekin nuts to not allow screened school employees, or retired or off duty cops inside the school that have the ability to protect the kids.
There is a way without throwing a wrench.

Last edited:
I did a VCT job a few years back in a bad neighborhood .. There was a metal detector the kids had to go through , and a cop sitting behind a desk directly behind the machine ..

Might have been, but didn't see it. You tube as far as I know never has something you can read as an alternative ( such as a transcript)

I don't get swayed emotionally by stuff like this Jon. I'm pissed like everyone else, but I thingk rationally. (how we gonna fix this) Nothing is pretty about this sort of senseless violence. 9 to 11 kids die every day from texting and driving. It's not news is it? Ya gotta have a shooting like this or a plane loosing people in mass or else it's not newsworthy. One a a time is just fine and dandy. :rolleyes:
It's like getting frustrated from busting your knuckles when a greasy wrench slips and you break a knuckle. You can take a deep breath and stop for the night............. figure out what you did wrong, then make sure you don't ever let that happen again.

.....or you can in the toss the wrench across the room as hard as you can towards the wall.
...........where it bounces off that wall, ricochets off the front window of your 32 roadster, (breaking it) the goes on and hits a 1/2 full gas can and it topples it onto the floor, catching your garage on fire and destroying 1/2 your home and kills your cat before it's all said and done.
I see the anger before the thought process going on right now. Not really a good time for decisions. ...but maybe a good time for a review.
People here (snowflakes) are even questioning the removal of the 2nd amendment to our constitution. Boy oh boy, if you ever wanted to see a second civil war here, that would do it in a second. Our own sheriff's department would be on our side and probably most of them across the country.
The problem with societal de-evolution is fighting the problem. 99.9 percent of people behave, so don't punish them because of a wildcats.
How much is the cost of locking the doors of a school once the morning bell rings?
How about a few trained teachers, principals, custodians with guns at the schools?
Shooters have guns, but schools can't have protection? gimme a break. .......it's freekin nuts to not allow screened school employees, or retired or off duty cops inside the school that have the ability to protect the kids.

Do not know how to reply to you highup
We do have murders here but I am not sure how many are gun related, maybe different gangs over conflicts, drugs etc as they seem to be having the guns. Most murders happen with punches, knifes etc
The People here who have guns are used for sport, hunting etc and have to be locked away

It was the damn cat that knocked over my beer, causing me to loose focus and busting my knuckle. I threw the wrench at the cat.

It was the damn cat that knocked over my beer, causing me to loose focus and busting my knuckle. I threw the wrench at the cat.

Like I said:
...or you can in the toss the wrench across the room as hard as you can towards the cat.

.......oh, in this case, you accomplished your goal. :D

Do not know how to reply to you highup
We do have murders here but I am not sure how many are gun related, maybe different gangs over conflicts, drugs etc as they seem to be having the guns. Most murders happen with punches, knifes etc
The People here who have guns are used for sport, hunting etc and have to be locked away
I think we have a totally different view on gun ownership and history Jon. Gun ownership here is as common as having a cat or dog in the house.
I'm thinking along the lines of what Nick just mentioned. Metal detectors.
Maybe every school needs to have a law enforcement officer on the school grounds during school hours. School doors should be locked once the school day starts and any kid that arrives late could be let in after calling from an outside intercom. A camera would be used along with the intercom.
There is a way to protect the kids. I just can't believe schools have not adopted some of these ideas. A simple camera system doesn't cost a million bucks these days.................. well, then again, we are talking about the government, so maybe it does. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

g.JPG

I don't know about locking the schools down-- if you mean having locks where they are locked from the outside, but the kids can still leave, that might be ok. But if they have it locked so that kids can't get out, that is a fire safety problem. And cops on campus might not do any good. The Florida school had an armed security guard. Cops already have enough on their plate in most places.

If they banned the AR 15, then shooters would go to another rifle, and another and so on. Then they would ban pistols, then shotguns and then the killers would go to bombs and trucks, since they have already used those. In the UK, after they banned guns, knives became the common weapon, now you must be 18 to buy a pocket knife. And there was even a discussion in parliament about outlawing kitchen knives.

In Australia, people cannot even carry mace or tasers. Rapes and other crimes have skyrocketed and so have the black market sale of guns.

I don't think any amount of laws will ever stop all mass shootings. We would have to change cultural attitudes and so forth to do that-- and even then, it wouldn't be 100%.
That said, I do think that some more common sense gun laws could help reduce accidental deaths and death by kids getting their hands on guns. I'm not saying we need to ban the guns-- but we need to have waiting periods and background checks on the people who are legally buying them so that people who shouldn't have them can't get them legally. I know that won't stop all criminals from getting their hands on them, but it can help reduce the number of guns out there that they can get.

That is the problem which people who live in countries like NZ have trouble understanding
We do not have mass killings. And probably I would guess that most murders here are from the people know each other

I think it's also because there are so many people and the United States is so large. It's harder to police than a smaller area and we go from big cities with hundreds of thousands of people and skyscrapers to rural areas with maybe a handful of people. There are quite a few people who hunt or who have guns for protection against bears and other predatory animals, but in bigger cities, there are people who have guns to protect against robbers and carjackers.

When my father was living in Spokane, he and my brother were driving around on a pleasant day with their windows down. While they were stopped at a light, a guy walked up with a knife, stuck it in my father's window and said "Give me your wallet and your keys and get out!" My father calmly said "Ok, let me get my wallet out" and instead pulled out his M1911 and pointed it at the guy's face without saying a word. Guy dropped his knife and ran. (For the record, my father was in law enforcement at the time and it was his service weapon- he was an expert marksman).

If they banned the AR 15, then shooters would go to another rifle, and another and so on. Then they would ban pistols, then shotguns and then the killers would go to bombs and trucks, since they have already used those. In the UK, after they banned guns, knives became the common weapon, now you must be 18 to buy a pocket knife. And there was even a discussion in parliament about outlawing kitchen knives

In Australia, people cannot even carry mace or tasers. Rapes and other crimes have skyrocketed and so have the black market sale of guns.

I think the ban was for knives with points......... blunt tips are OK. Maybe that's the UK.
Ban the rifle? You're right, next choice will be a pistol.
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/11/how_many_times_can_you_shoot_a_handgun_in_seven_minutes.html

Last edited:
There is so much difference depending on where you live. Missouri has open and concealed carry without a permit. Many, many people here carry. My county has had one gun homicide in the last 7 years and it was a drug deal gone bad.

No0t unusual to see a 10 year old at the range with an AR. We start hunting at 7 or 8. Guns are just a part of life here.

Latest posts

Back