Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington

That's some good news. It would certainly be interesting to see the crime rates change once concealed carry was legal for any law abiding citizen, not just people that need special circumstances.
If everyone in New York was armed to the teeth, what do you think would happen to the crime rate?
....like, duh!
I think Dirty Harry and Charles Bronson are two of the best people that ever existed in the history of large cities.

We have almost zero crime here, cause you never know who is carrying. We have discussed, if someone tried to rob the truck stop, where we eat, how many people would pull out a gun? I know the cashier has a 357 behind the counter. Probably at any time 20-30 customers are carrying. We threw a drunk out once who came in preaching. Three of us threw him out in the middle of the parking lot.
One armed robbery here in the last several years. He was in custody in 15 minutes.

One would expect the crime rate to go down considerably. I will bet one hell of a lot of New Yorkers already have guns for self-defense whether it's currently legal or not.

I read a story where a woman who lived in a state where she could own a gun traveled across the corner of New York. She was stopped and since you are supposed to tell a cop that you have a gun, she did. She got 10 years. The governor commuted the sentence. That is the kind of crap they are dealing with.

I read a story where a woman who lived in a state where she could own a gun traveled across the corner of New York. She was stopped and since you are supposed to tell a cop that you have a gun, she did. She got 10 years. The governor commuted the sentence. That is the kind of crap they are dealing with.
The president wants to ban 120 round magazines for Glock 9 mm pistols. That really pisses me off.

I can remember one armed robbery here in the last 10 years and two gun deaths. One was a homeowner shooting an armed intruder, who had attacked him. The other was a drug deal gone bad. We have permitless carry. There are many men and women who carry daily.
I don't carry daily, but I do sometimes. And I took the classes to get a CCW, there are still a few places you can't carry without the permit.

People have lost the ability to live and let live. So caught up in trying to claim the moral high ground that we fail to realize we are trampling over anyone who thinks differently. There will always be people who do evil in the world. Making an inanimate object that has the ability to inflict harm illegal solves a small symtom of a much larger problem, while making criminals of others who may enjoy the respectful, responsible use of the same object. Don't get me wrong, I've met some pro 2A folks that don't have the temperament to own firearms but my opinion can't dictate another's rights. While we're at it we can start throwing people in jail that refuse to get vaccinated for covid 19. Where does the line get drawn and who has the right to call that spot?

The ones that refuse to get vaccinated are not getting thrown in jail, some of them are being cremated or buried. Or in the hospital for long term parking.
My cousin had covid. After 6 weeks in the ICU, he begged to die and so they let him. I figured that if the vaccine killed me, it would not be worse than that.

What differs our country from others as we have rights. We have rights to make stupid choices and good ones. I would hate to have everything we do, dictated by the government. China does that and so does North Korea. We're not them and we should at least appreciate that.

Latest posts

Back