How many years in the trade?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
More installers than you can count are going a wee bit outside their 'normal' occupation. I did some yard work recently for a long time client of mine. She knew times were hard and offered me some work. All I could fairly do is charge her the nickel wages that work pays around here. Right now in this economy, work is work. Did electrical work for another well established client. Am I licensed for that?
...............hey, I gotta keep the phone and lights on and noodles on the shelf, it's that bad. Ya do what ya gotta do.
(I have my limits tho ......I won't do anything in the medical field) :D

oh yea ill do anything that pays (well almost),, me and my brother just finished up 4 yards of concrete, your right work is work and money is money

man offered me work one night to glue down carpet. He saw me working on another job. I guess he figured, rightly so, I needed the work.

I was doing part time work, second job, going to school, doing janitorial work at night,

I thought, damn, I just finished cleaning an abortion clinic, what could be worse?

I found out.

slt

man offered me work one night to glue down carpet. He saw me working on another job. I guess he figured, rightly so, I needed the work.

I was doing part time work, second job, going to school, doing janitorial work at night,

I thought, damn, I just finished cleaning an abortion clinic, what could be worse?

I found out.

slt

Grass is not always greener on the other side , is it ? :D

I started in 1978 during summer vacation sanding and refinishing the wood floors at my school. Mom made call the local sheriff and get permission to drive to work for a few weeks before I turned 16 and could get my license.

Once ya get sawdust in you're shoes ya just never get it out.

By the way, I see we have another Missourian here. Welcome DAVISNDAVIS.

Grass is not always greener on the other side , is it ? :D

Isn't that funny? Tommy wasn't happy washing windows and taking out trash at his momma's flooring store, and wormed his way into his worst nemesis!

Tia

I found out.

slt

Man, I thought I had some pretty bad lines to describe what a rough racket we work in. Yours is going to be hard to top.

Great! I think ... are you lovin' it, or do you hate getting up in the morning? I have to giggle about the name of your town, because it reminds me of that game where you keep repeating something until it makes some sense of a phrase, and so this Puyallup reminds me of "pile up".

Tia

Just for fun...

I have to giggle about the name of your town, because it reminds me of that game where you keep repeating something until it makes some sense of a phrase, and so this Puyallup reminds me of "pile up".

I have been to Tacoma many times (which is just down the road from Puyallup) and I can remember seeing that name on road signs and whatever and never knowing how to pronounce it (Indian word I suppose). And then hearing it on TV and radio in the news and in commercials they would say the name and I was a long time putting the two together.

Can't remember now how it is pronounced but seems I remember it sounds totally different from how it is spelled.

"Pile-up" is good enough for me.:)

Great! I think ... are you lovin' it, or do you hate getting up in the morning? I have to giggle about the name of your town, because it reminds me of that game where you keep repeating something until it makes some sense of a phrase, and so this Puyallup reminds me of "pile up".

Tia

I love it! You know you have your good days and bad days, but overall I enjoy it :) Haha! Yeah, the town name is a strange one! I've heard the pile up one, and it's pretty awesome!

Just for fun...

I have been to Tacoma many times (which is just down the road from Puyallup) and I can remember seeing that name on road signs and whatever and never knowing how to pronounce it (Indian word I suppose). And then hearing it on TV and radio in the news and in commercials they would say the name and I was a long time putting the two together.

Can't remember now how it is pronounced but seems I remember it sounds totally different from how it is spelled.

"Pile-up" is good enough for me.:)

Haha! Many people are victims to Puyallup's pronunciation! Let's see if I can write it out convincingly: pew-awl-up :)

Latest posts

Back