How was your 2021?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
😁😁😁
Actually this past year was the most steady work I probably had in 15 or more years. On the downside I'm 20 years older than I was 15 years ago and it's a lot more difficult being productive and making the big bucks. Instead of just repair work and doing a single room here and there, much of my work has been larger jobs with much of it from repeat customers.
........I thank each and every one of them for their patience with my totally unethical work hours. They just laugh it off and feed me. 😁

This has been the worst year on record for me. I have been rather mum about the whole things because who needs to air their dirty laundry here but lets just say integrity is a very expensive trait to hold on to.

I have managed to work harder on the most technical shit I have ever been called to do and by and large I am losing money every day doing it.

... on the plus side. I have been busy lol!!

Needless to say, even if I take the whole year off and am unemployed, 2022 will be better than this year so here's hoping.

Daris, you gotta retire TO something otherwise you’ll just peter out and fade away. Use it or lose it. What’s a good hobby that you enjoy? That’s your new job. Makin birdhouses? Whittlin hotdog skewers? You gotta do somethin!

As for me, 2021 was a decent year. I didn’t make millions but every day I woke up on the right side of the dirt and got to spend time with my family and friends. My dog still likes me and sometimes my wife even likes me too. I get to cook and enjoy decent food with my family and take a few trips here n there. I used to be the black sheep but now I’m the golden child. What more is there to do that would make my life any more complete.

There is something I am glad we have done over the years is travel. Met a lady on a cruise and I mentioned that walking on cobble stones hurt my back. She said do travel while you can cause having to use a wheel chair or a walking frame is just not the same. The penny drop and I thought I am getting old so we started travel. I know lots of people who were going to travel after they retired and never made it

2021 brought lots of sadness to our world, more than can be processed, so we push forward the best way we know how. Hopefully by noticing and making more joy in between the complaining. Life can feel So long at times, But I bet when it’s time for you or a loved one, it will feel way too short. So let’s lean forward into 2022 with a mindset of how precious life is, because when 2023 comes around, we may not be here to spread our special Joy anymore. In memory of Jim McClain and my best friend Paisley, Thanks for sharing your Joy !

Attachments

• E298DCA2-8E1D-4002-AACC-388ADB129322.png
    E298DCA2-8E1D-4002-AACC-388ADB129322.png
    295.1 KB · Views: 25
  • 2ED30A0E-7EAF-43E0-B02F-61F5D5AA1948.png
    2ED30A0E-7EAF-43E0-B02F-61F5D5AA1948.png
    374.7 KB · Views: 25
Lost several friends and two cousins to covid. I almost died from the vaccine and was sick for months after I got the vaccine. I can only hope that next year will be better. I had planned on doing repairs and restretches until I got sick. Lumber got too high to work in my wood shop.

Lost several friends and two cousins to covid. I almost died from the vaccine and was sick for months after I got the vaccine. I can only hope that next year will be better. I had planned on doing repairs and restretches until I got sick. Lumber got too high to work in my wood shop.
Sorry to hear about everything you said. Wishing you a great 2022.

Work wise, it's been a great couple years! I can't remember a time I could be choosey with what I pick up for jobs.
As for everything else, I think I can speak for everyone saying that I'm freaking over it. You don't know who and what to believe anymore because the people talking don't know anything except what other people are telling them to say.
I think these last couple years have opened my eyes wider than they have ever been!
Maybe that's a good thing, maybe not?

Work wise, it's been a great couple years! I can't remember a time I could be choosey with what I pick up for jobs.
As for everything else, I think I can speak for everyone saying that I'm freaking over it. You don't know who and what to believe anymore because the people talking don't know anything except what other people are telling them to say.
I think these last couple years have opened my eyes wider than they have ever been!
Maybe that's a good thing, maybe not?
If your eyes are to wide open, sunglasses come in many shades to keep you in check with reality. 😎

Latest posts

Back