Intro

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:) Do you provide the aquabar & staples, or underlay & glue for that? Just curious.

Tia

Paper & staples usually , but never glue. I only supply what I can buy wholesale or in bulk, and these glue manufacturers are lazy. I cried when they discontinued Franklin 711. That was some great adhesive.

So, I give my guys $2.25 for hardwood, they provide the underlay material and staples. If I buy Aquabar, we do a trade and they get $2.10. I always try to be as fair as possible. Go, me!

Tia

I was confused since you used "underlay material and staples. If I buy Aquabar" in the same post. And I have never heard of underlay material. If there is no basement, of course I use it. Moisture is the enemy of wood. What do you sell their? Prefinished 3/4?

Paper & staples usually , but never glue. I only supply what I can buy wholesale or in bulk, and these glue manufacturers are lazy. I cried when they discontinued Franklin 711. That was some great adhesive.

Never could get the Franklin here. :mad: I won't touch hardwood for $2.25 a ft either. Click or laminate maybe, plus extras.

We've got two guys in the area that are $3.95 for material, sand and finish. Quite often the $6.95 guys are called to fix.

Sorry for the confusion. We always use "underlay", meaning a layer under the wood, no matter the substrate. No, shouldn't say that, because on concrete, there are exceptions. Sometimes we glue straight to it. Rarely.

Subfloor and underlayment are two very different things to my brain.

Tia

Last edited:
We've got two guys in the area that are $3.95 for material, sand and finish. Quite often the $6.95 guys are called to fix.

What is the median price to buy a house in your location? See, that matters to me, because what you get paid and what your life costs is all relevant.

Tia

Latest posts

Back