Is it necessary to do prep before getting epoxy done?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kalkasa

Hi.

I have got a space for my restaurant in Canada. We have started our interior work. I have decided to do epoxy flooring for some sections. I got a good quote from Proseal Concrete Floor Care Systems in Mississauga. They told me some initial prep like grinding is required. Is it mandatory to do it? I just want to know if the company is fooling me :|

Hi.

I have got a space for my restaurant in Canada. We have started our interior work. I have decided to do epoxy flooring for some sections. I got a good quote from Proseal Concrete Floor Care Systems in Mississauga. They told me some initial prep like grinding is required. Is it mandatory to do it? I just want to know if the company is fooling me :|

Your exoxy guy would LOVE to come in there and just BLOW AND GO. It's only because he's seen ten hundred zillion failures that he knows he HAS to tear the F'n SCUM off the surface of your concrete slab if there any, tiny, remote hope that his product will bond and you will get your money's worth.

Argue about the price if you will but the idea that no prep is needed is absolutely insane. Concrete will ALWAYS.........100 percent..........ABSOLUTELY ---------require fairly extensive surface grinding.

100%

Absolutely

Last edited:
I'd advise you to read the product/s manufacturers warranties they will use to insure you are educated on the installation guidelines and exclusions.

Latest posts

Back