IVC adhesive recommendation

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
I received this email today

We are recommending that all IVC products be installed with IVC adhesives.....(we do have alternatives that may be used and meet warranty requirements)
These products can be purchased through IVC or I have a stocking distributor that I can recommend if needed.
We are also recommending that all sheet goods be permanently installed with I grip, if this is not an option then we are recommending that the floor be primed first and then releasable my be applied. This is due to the large amount of bubbling that installers are experiencing with using releasable only...(not just ours)
Any further questions let me know. thanks

Xxxxx xxxxx
Territory Manager

And Im sure that using a push broom instead of a roller (as they recommend) has nothing to do with bubbles, lol.

Tell me that's not true! More stupid manufacturers writing stupid install recommendations to make it easier and cheaper for stupid installers.

i have done hundreds of congo airstep evolution---airstep plus and airstep basix both permanent and releasable and have yet to see a bubble all with as-o1----hmmmmm yeah all those bubbles must be installer error

Tell me that's not true! More stupid manufacturers writing stupid install recommendations to make it easier and cheaper for stupid installers.

Absolutely true. They say use a push broom. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to roll a "pressure sensitive" adhesive but I didn't write the specs. I wonder what would happen if you rolled it instead of sweeping it.

True a broom will work the sealer into the porous substrate better but one coat is never enough.

Absolutely true. They say use a push broom. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to roll a "pressure sensitive" adhesive but I didn't write the specs. I wonder what would happen if you rolled it instead of sweeping it.

I have found that by using a broom with my weight leaning on the handle allowing me to get a fair amount of pressure on to the floor works better than a roller as the broom actually follows the floor whereas the roller hits the high spots with these thin domestic vinyls. We do use an acrylic glue here though laid into when the glue is wet

Always roll it on. Makes a tacky sound underneath if you use trowel.

To many installers have the "aw shit boy, I've been doing this for thirty years" attitude, and make themselves look stupid and pay for jobs because " in thirty years you haven't learned to read ducking instructions." Luckily I'm blessed with an amazing team, they even know how to read.

Latest posts

Back