Ivc and bubbles

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Monfils

Professional
Pro
I would like to hear from anyone who has had issues with IVC/ earthscapes sheet goods when installed using pressure sensitive adhesive ( IVC's flex-tac, flex-tech, Henry's peach pro, taylor I dont remember the #, or ony other adhesive they have recommended )
I am only interested in IVC brand.
Also if anyone has copy's of ivc's installation recommendations
From the past.
I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON THEM.
They changed several times over the years

I sell IVC and have never had any issues. They recommend using a push broom instead of a roller and you have to let the adhesive change colors before you roll out the vinyl. You should be able to pull the specs off the website.

I would like to hear from anyone who has had issues with IVC/ earthscapes sheet goods when installed using pressure sensitive adhesive ( IVC's flex-tac, flex-tech, Henry's peach pro, taylor I dont remember the #, or ony other adhesive they have recommended )
I am only interested in IVC brand.
Also if anyone has copy's of ivc's installation recommendations
From the past.
I WOULD LOVE TO GET MY HANDS ON THEM.
They changed several times over the years

I wish I still had them. I used to call their local rep every time before I installed any. They changed seam sealers and installation methods weekly for a while. Through the years, loose lay, don't loose lay, 35# roller, no push broom instead, latex seam sealer, then, epoxy sealer, double-faced tape, adhesive installed with a trowel, then with a paint roller, install after the adhesive is dry, then wet installation.
The first time I contacted the company before I laid my first job with it, they had no tech dept.

I wish I still had them. I used to call their local rep every time before I installed any. They changed seam sealers and installation methods weekly for a while. Through the years, loose lay, don't loose lay, 35# roller, no push broom instead, latex seam sealer, then, epoxy sealer, double-faced tape, adhesive installed with a trowel, then with a paint roller, install after the adhesive is dry, then wet installation.
The first time I contacted the company before I laid my first job with it, they had no tech dept.

I recall back when glass back vinyl hadn't been out for more than a couple of years, and "IVC Kevin" came onto the TFP site. He taught IVC installation classes as I recall.
He was the first person to mention the use of a paint roller. It worked much better as far as dry time goes.
I felt an odd feeling when at some point, he mentioned for us to let them know if we had any, or discovered any installation tips when working with this material. I don't recall his actual wording on this, but however it was he said, it looked like the IVC company was asking installers how to install the material they created. (or monster they created)
I never recall Armstrong or Mannington asking us how to install their material. :rolleyes:
......and the old vinyls didn't have bubble complaints. If they did, the bubbles would more likely disappear over time, than appear over time. Glass backed vinyl in my opinion it the 'polyester' of sheet goods.

Last edited:
The main pain in the brain with IVC stuff is how unforgiving it is if you try to force it. Any lateral pressure will make it stand up...after you're gone. It seems counterintuitive that something that thick could be such a delicate flower but that's how it is. The thicker it is, the less forgiving it is.

Latest posts

Back