Need some advice about underlayment

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernie12

I want to install a laminate floor over and old wood floor on the second floor of my house. I bought everything at Floor and Décor and the guy there suggested I lay down whisperpad for noise. My question is the pad instructions recommends that you pull the pad up on the walls about two inches and seal the seems when laying it across the floor. The instructions don't mention doing this over old wood floors or even plywood subfloors but over concrete.

Should I still do this for my install or just lay the whisper pad down even with the walls and don't seal the seems together like( carpet padding ) so the old floor can breathe better or does it matter?

Thanks for any help.

Probably doesn't matter but DO IT anyways.

JUST DO IT.

It should take all of an extra 10-20 minutes on the whole project and cost you about a dollars worth of tape.

It would be quite important over on grade or below grade concrete.

No Need to do it, completely unnecessary. The instruction for concrete are to divert moisture from the slab away from the laminate. Not required over wood.

TOTRR

Latest posts

Back