Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So u use the thermo which is ( hot melt glue gun.) right? and or buttering Seams which is ( latex) on cut loop plush 16 -18 oz, doesn't that leave a hard spot in it? And doesn't latex get up in the seam tuffs?

On ocassion maybe a little thermo or latex may get up into the yarn. But I was one of the first to get the Orcon peak buster tip when they were shown in Vegas and not on the market yet. I've had a lot of practice but it happens. Latex not so much as I use that little red tip on the bottle and cut a notch into the side of it so it slides easier on the backing. It takes very little to do the job. One thing is also the correct angle to hold the bottle or the gun If you are getting it into the yarn, it is to high up, if a bunch on the backing it is to low. Another thing with latex you got to let it dry. I don't use the acrylic sealers.

Daris

DarisMulkin said:
On ocassion maybe a little thermo or latex may get up into the yarn. But I was one of the first to get the Orcon peak buster tip when they were shown in Vegas and not on the market yet. I've had a lot of practice but it happens. Latex not so much as I use that little red tip on the bottle and cut a notch into the side of it so it slides easier on the backing. It takes very little to do the job. One thing is also the correct angle to hold the bottle or the gun If you are getting it into the yarn, it is to high up, if a bunch on the backing it is to low. Another thing with latex you got to let it dry. I don't use the acrylic sealers.

Daris

So how long does it take to dry?
I've just always squeezed the backing together tractor it and it holds On plush cpt s only. I've never tried sealers on plush stretch in. I've always herd it's messy and is more of a problem than its worth. I use the MD 50 since Orcon closed its doors! I loved the k40 and the Orcon cool top seaming iron. So it's been a challenge for me to get use to new tapes and irons. I love the thermo seam sealer for Berber and commercial stretch in. I also use the new seamer down, I love that. I may just try seam sealing plush because the carpet today are so cheap. I don't get call backs on my seams yet. But the guy I work through said that the mills where getting installers on not using seam sealers even if the call has nothing to do with the seams itself. I don't want to be sued! But if I have to start doing that I'm charging more. I get sick of doing extra for free. People expect you to do. You know, Thanks margie

Latest posts

Back