Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here are some pics of another stairway we have going. A bending rail. I haven't ever done 1 before. & a dark stained maple floor we just got done finishing on Monday. Hope everyone is staying as busy as they want to be. Thanks, Tim

image-2099391893.jpg

image-2227507642.jpg

Hey is anyone out their a carpet installer? I have a question! Inspectors expect all carpet installers to seam seal seams all seams. I seam seal all glue down carpet and stretch in berber and commercial. But we have some pretty cheap plush carpet people are picking to put in that fall apart just as soon as you put a knife to it.
And it will at times have hard spots through it in between the first and secondary backing and delamination in the center of the roll. What do you do with a problem like that? The store owner expects you to fix whatever is wrong with it! They expect the job be done, if you complain or tell them they ignore you or you just won't work. Do you seal the seams on plush carpets? its so thin it bleeds up the nap. 16oz 18oz bald carpet that you cant use to block the sun. Lol do you seam seal any plush carpets? Just a question I wondered if other carpet installer do.

Same here . Now you know how old i am . :D

If there is a lot of repair to the cpt , I want to get paid for it , or they can come out and do it .

Nick said:
Same here . Now you know how old i am . :D

If there is a lot of repair to the cpt , I want to get paid for it , or they can come out and do it .

I agree! My husband said damn too-tin ! Y buy a new car and have to fix it! The same with flooring! The stores out here it seems I'm not saying all stores but a lot of them purposely buy 2nd 3rd to install. It sucks! You want so badly to do a perfect job and you have retail stores buy junk selling as first goods. And you have your name on that! While people's furniture is out side! You try to install it the best it will go. And i am my worst credit and absolutely hate doing that.
Their was a time ware we went to do a re stretch that we are to warrant. We usually don't get much call backs at all maybe one or two a year, if at all, and Esc specially a re stretch only to find secondary backing is on tacks trip securely. Primary backing is literally wrinkled up all over the place. You take up the edges and delimitation all though out the whole thing. We stretched in the primary backing as best it can. But what do you think will happen first cleaning?
People think installer error! Man this stuff is getting pretty bad. I'm looking for something new.

DarisMulkin said:
I seal it all wether it be thermo or latex that I am using. Latex for woven is my choice or very thin backings.

Daris

So u use the thermo which is ( hot melt glue gun.) right? and or buttering Seams which is ( latex) on cut loop plush 16 -18 oz, doesn't that leave a hard spot in it? And doesn't latex get up in the seam tuffs?

I had no idea you were all a bunch of rugrats! Lol, thats what I refer to my carpet guys as. I think anyone that does work for a store will find that everyone just passes the buck back onto the installer. Everyone is your friend until something goes wrong, lol.

That's why I am an independent. If the carpet has flaws, I point them out to the customer before installation, so they can deal with the seller before it is installed. Retailers all seem to have the mentality "just get it on the floor". When I worked for stores, they were told up front that either I was allowed to do it right or I wouldn't do it.
I have had one call back in the last 20 years and it was my fault.

Latest posts

Back