Options instead of wheels or casters

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Doing work in an art gallery work area. They have a large heavy roll around table on 4 wheels. The table is about 3 feet by 8 feet.
The floor is IVC vinyl.

Could there be a better to make it mobile rather than wheels............... yet still allow the table to be scooted about by one person? I'm thinking if a putting a 3 foot long carpeted 2 by 4 across each side to replace the swivel wheels completely.
If this idea could work, is there a soft durable fabric or carpet that is fairly slippery so the table will slide easy?
Table is made of 3/4 inch particle board, 2 by 4's and 4 by 4's.

permenently glue some felt furniture glides to the bottom. They come in all shapes and sizes these days.

I'll see how large the felt pads are. A local store has a lot of shapes of them.
I was thinking the slipperiest material that would work. Not sure how furniture pads rate in the "slipperiness" scale.

Not just the self sticky felt furniture floor protectors but the rubber foam/felt pads like I use to move furniture on hard surfaces.

Why not the little Teflon circles you can buy to move furniture? The ones like the big Teflon slides.

Are they really teflon or plastic? The plastic teflon ones are made just for carpet arn't they? I've seen them scuff vinyl, laminate and hardwood.

I did the carpeting attached to lengths of 2 X 4's to replace the metal swivel balls on a heavy sofa bed. I used a short nap carpet which I extended up the sides of the 2 X 4's and stapled. I also put some of those Safeglide tap in felt bottomed glides into chairs and other furniture that gets moved a lot.....they come in different sizes.
What about LARGE rubber rollers?

Latest posts

Back