Shaw Selitac Underlayment

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Has anyone used this yet? I got 1800 feet of Anderson engineered going over top of it next weekend out of town.

Quickstep used to have a similer one I used on one of there laminates about ten years ago. Not sure if Quickstep still makes it but it was pretty nice, easy to use, rigid, cut easily. Must be a copy.

Last edited by a moderator:
About one third of the floor is concrete, then goes over to plywood. So, I am thinking about using six mil over the concrete, stuffing the edge down into the gap, effectively seperating the ply to concrete just as an extra saftey precaution. Because I don't want any MVE moving under the Selitac to the plywood. Selitac will be under the entire floor system.

Thoughts on that?

Has anyone used this yet? I got 1800 feet of Anderson engineered going over top of it next weekend out of town.

Quickstep used to have a similer one I used on one of there laminates about ten years ago. Not sure if Quickstep still makes it but it was pretty nice, easy to use, rigid, cut easily. Must be a copy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N50bZgopRTg
Our Carpet One uses it.
Not sure why they have that interlocking jigsaw puzzle edge........ It would be easier if it was just cut straight. Ya gotta tape the seam anyway.
Nice stuff tho. Used it on a small job a couple years ago. Room was 16 feet long and it interlocked pretty good. Lay your straight edges on the material to help it lay flat when you tape a newly added section of it to the previous one.

Latest posts

Back