Stairway

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EliteFloors

Just though I'd share a few pics of a stairway we completed today. @ least see if I'm doing this right. It came out pretty good. Not perfect, but we did try. Wondered what people are getting for labor on something like this? We had to tear everything out that was exiting, carpet, pad, tack strip strip

image-3595884716.jpg

image-995715120.jpg

image-626726671.jpg

As a pro I'd like to see what you think wasn't perfect and why. The magazine perspective is nice though.

It wouldn't let me finish. Had to year all the old out. Supply & install all new treads, risers, Newels, balusters, & rail. Then of course, sand, stain & finish

FloorMaven said:
As a pro I'd like to see what you think wasn't perfect and why. The magazine perspective is nice though.

From the 2 pie treads up, I had to cheat the rail up the rake to meet the post on top of the balcony. If u look @ the bottom of the balusters u can c it, they grow about 2". The owner was happy, so I guess that is what matters. I just couldn't get it any better. What did u mean by the magazine perspective tho?

Looks very nice. I don't personally know any wood flooring guys that do more than refinish treads, or install them. Railings and baluster installation seems to me a trade all in itself.

I don't mind doing the rails & stuff, it's not how I like to earn my money tho. I just learnt how to do them from working with my dad. We generally would install them, since we had to sand stain & finish all of it anyway.

Latest posts

Back