Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know that some states already ban the use of credit cards to buy lotto tickets.
That doesn’t seem like a greedy government move? They make a lot of money off the whole crooked lottery scheme. That almost sounds like someone cares about people with gambling problems who are spending way more money than they should on that foolishness… About half the states don’t allow the purchase of a lottery ticket with a credit card… New York ain’t one of those states… They’ll take your money any way they can get it…😎

I try to use my card for most purchases only because it’s easier for me to track my expenses by doing so. Cash is just too easy to lose track of what you spent it on. If you don’t get a receipt you can forget things too easy.
Don’t forget the rewards program!!!

. I have not trusted our government since I was lied to in Vietnam.

I briefly read about Operation Northwood and that’s crazy, but I guess when your job is to plan ahead, sometimes the imagination gets the better of you. Thanks to JFK that ridiculous plan never took hold.

As for Vietnam, THANKS 🙏 for your service Rusty 🙇‍♂️

I think JFK was getting ready to pull everyone out, then got executed before he could, then Johnson 😡 deliberately went against the President’s plan and decided to fully engage, WHY ? …. Where was the congress when you needed them 😡

I briefly read about Operation Northwood and that’s crazy, but I guess when your job is to plan ahead, sometimes the imagination gets the better of you. Thanks to JFK that ridiculous plan never took hold.

As for Vietnam, THANKS 🙏 for your service Rusty 🙇‍♂️

I think JFK was getting ready to pull everyone out, then got executed before he could, then Johnson 😡 deliberately went against the President’s plan and decided to fully engage, WHY ? …. Where was the congress when you needed them 😡
Johnson's family was involved in the defense industry. Influence means a lot. Why do you think the space center was built in Houston when the rockets were shot off in Florida? Johnson was from Texas.

Some of the credit card companies are supposedly keeping a record when their cards are used to buy guns/ammo. How long before they decline those purchases?
Oh, they do.
.....but think of the feds know every time that you blink, the location where you did, and if you blinked once or twice. They will record it, they will keep it and no doubt, it will be hacked.

opinion.jpg

I say BOY ! No truest words have ever been spoken 😂

And if you study Sociology, a clue about the reasons comes to life. Hint > we are inherently social and validation feels good 👍 ….. but the downside is if we rely on it all the time, then we have a difficult time listening to opposing opinions.

That’s why parents, teachers, bosses, clergy, media, and yes me, the rug dog 🐶 need to share about building a foundation around internal love. That’s the strength that allows difference of opinion to be as it is, rather than making it about you.

I say BOY ! No truest words have ever been spoken 😂

And if you study Sociology, a clue about the reasons comes to life. Hint > we are inherently social and validation feels good 👍 ….. but the downside is if we rely on it all the time, then we have a difficult time listening to opposing opinions.

That’s why parents, teachers, bosses, clergy, media, and yes me, the rug dog 🐶 need to share about building a foundation around internal love. That’s the strength that allows difference of opinion to be as it is, rather than making it about you.
I had 6 different college Sociology classes. Very interesting, although slanted to the view of the book author.
Like the college "World Religion" class that I took which was taught by a very biased Christian minister.

I had 6 different college Sociology classes. Very interesting, although slanted to the view of the book author.
Like the college "World Religion" class that I took which was taught by a very biased Christian minister.

Very cool Rusty, I had little confidence in my academic skills, so off to fuzzy side up school I went, but I liked sociology class in high school and then anger management classes in 2009

Slants and biases IMHO may come from that ‘ childhood validation need ‘ that many of us seem to crave and if I may be so bold, judging others that they may be biased is probably the flip side of the same coin. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Very cool Rusty, I had little confidence in my academic skills, so off to fuzzy side up school I went, but I liked sociology class in high school and then anger management classes in 2009

Slants and biases IMHO may come from that ‘ childhood validation need ‘ that many of us seem to crave and if I may be so bold, judging others that they may be biased is probably the flip side of the same coin. 🤷🏻‍♂️
The minister kept saying that his religion was the only one that made any sense. I am not a religious person, but I have studied several of them. In my younger days I even taught Sunday School at a Baptist Church.
I tell people now that I am a member of "The Flying spaghetti Monster" church. Praise the Holy Noodle. ;)

Colonel Sanders never finished high school. Dropped out in 7th grade.
Neither did the founder of McDonald's, nor Walt Disney.
Consider yourself amongst the rich. 👍

I quit college only needing a couple classes to finish, but I was almost 70 when I started. I am proud that I have a published book even though I am making squat from it.

Get your thinkin caps on!

I’m installing the stair nose (prolly next week) and the floor isn’t being installed until later (by someone else). 1/4” engineered hardwood floating floor and maybe 75 LF of stair nose, I’m guessing they will want it to bump up flush? as opposed to overlapping.

Thoughts on the best way to install the stair nose and not screw the floor guys down the road.

I only notched out that much of the stair nose cus that’s as high as the blade goes on my table saw. I think that will work though.

IMG_3438.jpeg

Get your thinkin caps on!

I’m installing the stair nose (prolly next week) and the floor isn’t being installed until later (by someone else). 1/4” engineered hardwood floating floor and maybe 75 LF of stair nose, I’m guessing they will want it to bump up flush? as opposed to overlapping.

Thoughts on the best way to install the stair nose and not screw the floor guys down the road.

I only notched out that much of the stair nose cus that’s as high as the blade goes on my table saw. I think that will work though.

View attachment 17183
Why not leave it off and let whoever installs the floor do their thing?

Latest posts

Back