Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd love to watch an hour of videos with his pearls of wisdom. He hits the nail on the head more often than most contractors could ever dream of.

Hav what do you think? There was an article in our local paper about high speed chases and that it kills about 63 people per year, innocent bystanders and mostly the officer in persuit. The drift I got they wanted them stopped. My thoughts: if the dumbass thinks he can outrun the police, see if he can outrun a bullet. What if the guy that is out running the police just murdered someone. Stop the persuit so he can do it again, hell no !!. Maybe being old I look at things differently.

Hav what do you think? There was an article in our local paper about high speed chases and that it kills about 63 people per year, innocent bystanders and mostly the officer in persuit. The drift I got they wanted them stopped. My thoughts: if the dumbass thinks he can outrun the police, see if he can outrun a bullet. What if the guy that is out running the police just murdered someone. Stop the persuit so he can do it again, hell no !!. Maybe being old I look at things differently.
Well I like your thoughts but I don’t know if throwing bullets from one moving vehicle to another is the answer. That almost never works, not even in the movies… And if you should get lucky enough to hit them, where’s the car gonna land?

Last edited:
I like the old school methods.
...shoot first, .......

They don't usually do pursuits around here. Too risky.

I think my wife has started to show the first signs of Alzheimers...
👵

She said she can't remember what she ever saw in me!

I think my wife has started to show the first signs of Alzheimers...
👵

She said she can't remember what she ever saw in me!

It’s nice to see your sense of humor is still intact Rusty, even though you’re having difficulty with your knees. I hope I’m able to do that When the time comes and it’s coming 😡

Democrats want to go to digital money.
The Marxists , they would love to have a digital wallet and a no cash society so no one could exchange any type of item for money without the government taking taxes.
Anyone that had a yard sale would have to pay taxes on any used item they sell. The government would decline you to buy certain items such as a gas stove, or a used air conditioner and allow only what they think you should buy. Your choices would be gone in a cashless society.

Democrats want to go to digital money.
The Marxists , they would love to have a digital wallet and a no cash society so no one could exchange any type of item for money without the government taking taxes.
Anyone that had a yard sale would have to pay taxes on any used item they sell. The government would decline you to buy certain items such as a gas stove, or a used air conditioner and allow only what they think you should buy. Your choices would be gone in a cashless society.
We’re already well on our way. Seven years ago we were at 50/50 with cash vs card sales... Now about 65% of our sales are card or Apple Pay. And that’s small amounts for ice cream. We offer a 4% discount for cash… Doesn’t help…Restaurants and any larger retail sales almost nobody pays cash anymore….

Pretty soon the only people with cash will be drug dealers and crooked politicians…. Which is probably the primary reason they haven’t gotten rid of it already.

We’re already well on our way. Seven years ago we were at 50/50 with cash vs card sales... Now about 65% of our sales are card or Apple Pay. And that’s small amounts for ice cream. We offer a 4% discount for cash… Doesn’t help…Restaurants and any larger retail sales almost nobody pays cash anymore….

Pretty soon the only people with cash will be drug dealers and crooked politicians…. Which is probably the primary reason they haven’t gotten rid of it already.
I still use cash for most in-person purchases.

I try to use my card for most purchases only because it’s easier for me to track my expenses by doing so. Cash is just too easy to lose track of what you spent it on. If you don’t get a receipt you can forget things too easy.

I try to use my card for most purchases only because it’s easier for me to track my expenses by doing so. Cash is just too easy to lose track of what you spent it on. If you don’t get a receipt you can forget things too easy.
Personal expenses I’m not too worried about keeping track of.

Business expenses almost everything goes on the card, and I get receipts for everything, and log it all on a spreadsheet. I’ve never been audited but I’m ready for um…

Your digital debits are relatively between you, the business's you buy from and your bank.
When it becomes government issued, "paperless" money, the government will have records of your purchases.....
Fuel, donuts, ice cream, cigarettes, brakleen, POLITICAL DONATIONS, sex toys and magazines, ammo and gun purchases, energy consumption amounts......
.....and of course, we can trust them never to retain that information...... Not to mention, it will be secure and of course it can never be hacked.
Government issued digital currency is the beginning of the end.

Your digital debits are relatively between you, the business's you buy from and your bank.
When it becomes government issued, "paperless" money, the government will have records of your purchases.....
Fuel, donuts, ice cream, cigarettes, brakleen, POLITICAL DONATIONS, sex toys and magazines, ammo and gun purchases, energy consumption amounts......
.....and of course, we can trust them never to retain that information...... Not to mention, it will be secure and of course it can never be hacked.
Government issued digital currency is the beginning of the end.
Some of the credit card companies are supposedly keeping a record when their cards are used to buy guns/ammo. How long before they decline those purchases?

I dunno about that. If the government, FBI, CIA, IRS or the police decide to investigate you, that does not hold true. Unless you use cash they can track all your purchases pretty easily right now if they choose to. I don’t know much of anything about all this but it seems like a debit/credit card and digital money are about the same thing?

Some of the credit card companies are supposedly keeping a record when their cards are used to buy guns/ammo. How long before they decline those purchases?
Little brother ( CC companies) are a profit making organization and are keeping records so they can send you advertising for more profits…… We the people tend to think with our currency brain
( digital or cash) over the cultural one,
But I understand the caution. Reminds me of the line in the movie ‘ field of dreams’
“ He’s not gonna want to load the bases, but look 👀 out for in your ear 👂 😜

I dunno about that. If the government, FBI, CIA, IRS or the police decide to investigate you, that does not hold true. Unless you use cash they can track all your purchases pretty easily right now if they choose to. I don’t know much of anything about all this but it seems like a debit/credit card and digital money are about the same thing?
All deposits to your bank account of $600 or more are reported to the IRS.

Do you know why the Background check law says that if the gun dealer doesn't hear back from the FBI in 3 days, they can sell you the gun anyway? It is to keep a president from issuing an executive order cutting off money to that department and stopping all gun sales. There has been talk of an executive order to ban the sale of ammo. The government will do anything they can for control. I would not be surprised to see an order blocking the use of credit/debit cards at gun stores. I know that some states already ban the use of credit cards to buy lotto tickets. The state of New York has gone so far as to limit the size of drink you can buy at fast food places. California will levy a fine if a restaurant brings you a straw and you have not asked for one.
Go look up "Operation Northwoods" and see what some in the government would be willing to do to get what they want.
Operation Northwoods - Wikipedia. They were willing to kill Americans and blame it on Cuba, so they could justify attacking Cuba. I have not trusted our government since I was lied to in Vietnam.

Latest posts

Back