Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys see that bridge collapse in Maryland? How much you think that’s gonna cost.
Still waiting to see some cost estimates in any news source. All I found was Biden promises the feds will pick up the tab. This absolutely guarantees BLOAT. That's just how that works. The Port, City, County and State have to tax in order to spend. Uncle Sam can just tap Chairman Powell at the Federal Reserve and money appears from thin air. Kind of like how Wimpy paid for his hamburgers today..........you know, on Tuesday.

With that bridge out, how much longer will the drivers have to go to go around it?
I honestly think we drove over that bridge when we drove from Savannah to Philadelphia last year. I have the stained shorts to prove it!

You think cavemen ever woke up looking for their club or spear, scratching their head wondering where the hell did I put it, only to realize that their cave wife cleaned up and put shit away. Then as they’re grumbling to them selves while they look for it they’re met with ‘Zog, how many times have I told you to not leave your tools laying around the cave’!

My grandson is graduating college in May in Texas. Took up police forensics, kind of making up plans of attending. Haven't seen my son in almost 10 years and definitely looking forward to that. What you think havasu did he make a good choice on careers?

You think cavemen ever woke up looking for their club or spear, scratching their head wondering where the hell did I put it, only to realize that their cave wife cleaned up and put shit away. Then as they’re grumbling to them selves while they look for it they’re met with ‘Zog, how many times have I told you to not leave your tools laying around the cave’!
You need to collaborate with a cartoonist and start doing YouTube shorts. 😁

This is our equivalent.
https://www.oregonencyclopedia.org/articles/conde_b_mccullough_memorial_bridge/

https://www.oregonsadventurecoast.com/blog/spotlight-on-conde-b.mccullough-memorial-bridge/

This is on US highway 101. Highway 101 goes fromm LA to northern Washington.
If this bridge came down, our cities would be devastated. It's a two lane road, but a
Over 40,000 vehicles per day cross this bridge.
Ships here load logs at one terminal and we have two that load wood chips. On chip facility is in town the other is about 3 miles past this bridge on the far side of the bay.
There is 22 mile detour around the bay, but the road couldn't handle all the truck traffic, which includes oil and gas tankers, wood chip trucks that weigh 60,000 to 80,000 lbs, log trucks.
Anything getting here would require a 180 mile round trip from interstate I-5 to the coast, then back.
Tho it's 150 feet from the water up to the center span, it was actually hit by a ship about 40 years ago. This story isn't accurate, but close.
THe ships ramp wasn't lowered fast enough to clear the span and it tore one of the stuctural beams.
Traffic was totally shut down for two weeks, then one lane opened until a new beam could be built and installed. I don't recall how many months that took.
It showed us how vulnerable we are because of that single life supporting bridge.
https://www.oregonsadventurecoast.com/blog/spotlight-on-conde-b.mccullough-memorial-bridge/

I'm thinking that shipping will get back to relatively normal in Baltimore as soon as the wreckage is removed, but I know it's going to be devastating to businesses and commuters.
Can you imagine living 5 miles from that bridge, and working 5 miles on the other side of it?
Now you have a 50 mile commute each way, waste deep in traffic. What a mess. 🙄

Saw this surfing the net. How cool would it be to have a job where you build monsters. I’ve seen a few theatre carpenter jobs here where you would be building the background and scenery. Again, cool job. Reminds me of when I used to tow and drive floats for the Rose Festival Parade. We would get to see the warehouse where they constructed the floats and I always thought that would be a fun job to have.

Assuming money was not an issue, what’s your dream job?

IMG_4147.png

🤔 Driving around out in the mountains, rolling over logs and rocks and trying to get lost.
.....probably not much demand and the pay would probably be real crappy.

Saw this surfing the net. How cool would it be to have a job where you build monsters. I’ve seen a few theatre carpenter jobs here where you would be building the background and scenery. Again, cool job. Reminds me of when I used to tow and drive floats for the Rose Festival Parade. We would get to see the warehouse where they constructed the floats and I always thought that would be a fun job to have.

Assuming money was not an issue, what’s your dream job?

View attachment 18640
I'd fit right in with any light maintainence crew. It'll be 90%+ indoor and part time. I enjoy almost any kind of carpentry and painting. I have a full size truck and most every essential, basic tool for those------BESIDES the flooring tools which according to the rules of my union pension I'd forfeit my pension dollar for dollar IF they found out. I only heard of one guy ever getting busted for that. He was a real knucklehead thinking he could work full time for a union shop while collecting his pension.

Latest posts

Back