Thought of the day .

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We’ve shipped the wife’s car before and there were similar restrictions. The car had to be empty of all personal items n such in order for them to ship it. I used a different company for the van and they allow extra items to be shipped inside the vehicle. They charge so much for every additional 100# you put in the vehicle.

Here’s some extra weight. Does anybody even use coins anymore. Toll roads are electronic these days and phone booths are a thing of the past.

Attachment.jpeg

It has been about 5 years since I used coins stashed in my car. I went to get gas and realized I forgot my wallet. I was able to muster up $22 in coins, which bought me about 7 gallons of gas.

I keep my coins in wrappers--------in a can. First they'll set around counters, in pockets and yes, in those coin holders in the truck. When I get $10 in quaters, $5 in dimes, $2 in nickels and 50 cents in pennies the wrapped coins go in the console storage between seats. THEN...........if I remember I use that money to buy my beer. Quite often I'll have enough in there to cover some failure to keep enough money in my wallet. So I go out to get something small and forget my wife raided the wallet. Voila! There's $20-30 in coinage right there between the seats. I've been doing this for around 5 years+.

I'm getting pretty good about emptying the pockets/counters and distributing the coins directly into the wrapper. Yeah, we used to toss it all into a big jar. That becomes an enourmous task if, like everyone does you just keep adding and never get around to wrapping them.

I just paid more to ship my van than I even paid for the van in the first place. I KBB’d what my van is worth and damn if I didn’t pay more for shipping than I could sell it for right now. Not sure what to think of that but I still have no vehicle payment and that’s what counts.

I remember back when vans were a dime a dozen and you could pick up a decent used van for 2k or less. I’ve bought several for 1k or less.

My buddy bought a newer Ram Promaster last year and his van is in the shop more than my van and my van has 560k on it. Makes me hesitant to even consider buying a new vehicle at all which is why I paid to have mine shipped. What would you have done?

View attachment 18577
Same as you. You didn't buy it to flip, so any money spent is far better than payments. If you found another van for that same price you wouldn't know it's history.
Don't look back. You did the smart thing.

You'd be out $500 in gas and travel expenses to go home + time off from work..... And a motel, plus fast food stops. Naw, your not out as much as it seems, but a buck is a buck.... regardless of the exchange rate.

We’ve shipped the wife’s car before and there were similar restrictions. The car had to be empty of all personal items n such in order for them to ship it. I used a different company for the van and they allow extra items to be shipped inside the vehicle. They charge so much for every additional 100# you put in the vehicle.

Here’s some extra weight. Does anybody even use coins anymore. Toll roads are electronic these days and phone booths are a thing of the past.

View attachment 18578
I've never seen that coin contraption my life.
Was that a state mandate for auto manufacturers in commie states? 😁

Remember, those coporations and shareholder ventures heavily owned by pension funds and the vast majority of the malinvestment is OPM. (other people's money)
When Greed is the motivation over service to mankind, societies climb and fall in a never ending cat and mouse game. What’s the secret to Incentivizing Service over wealth ?

Last edited:
I just paid more to ship my van than I even paid for the van in the first place.
Did you remember to subtract the fuel cost from the shipping cost ? Maybe you saved ? …. I would have shipped it too.

I bet You’re gonna miss all your new senior friends and the sweet treats 😄 SCRATCH THAT ! The van is coming to Arizona, that means you’re staying a little bit longer right ? Who’s holding down the fort in NC ? …. How’s Pop doing ?

Last edited:
I bet You’re gonna miss all your new senior friends and the sweet treats

This people here are great. I’m working on giving them all names. The Black Widow, the Cobra lady, there’s a group of 7 or 8 ladies that always eat dinner together, collectively they’re all known as The Committee. My dad says Joyce wears a wig so she’s the wig lady now. There’s a couple ‘Chinamen’ here and neither one of them are Chinese🤪. My aunt goes to the same church as one of the residents here. We all went out for lunch a couple weeks ago and ever since then all 4 ladies that sit together for meals stop by our table to say hello. One of them, Loretta, looks like an alien from the side so now she’s Predator’s Mom. Claire stares at me sometimes. Don’t know if she’s calling me an asshole with her eyes or if she’s not all there and just looking past me at nothing. Prolly both.

Even the people that work here are getting nicknames. There’s a younger kid with some serious ADHD going on, I’ve been calling him Special Officer Doofy for a month now. One of the gals that works here is kinda plane Jane hot so she is the Librarian.

I’m totally making a movie about this place.

This people here are great. I’m working on giving them all names. The Black Widow, the Cobra lady, there’s a group of 7 or 8 ladies that always eat dinner together, collectively they’re all known as The Committee. My dad says Joyce wears a wig so she’s the wig lady now. There’s a couple ‘Chinamen’ here and neither one of them are Chinese🤪. My aunt goes to the same church as one of the residents here. We all went out for lunch a couple weeks ago and ever since then all 4 ladies that sit together for meals stop by our table to say hello. One of them, Loretta, looks like an alien from the side so now she’s Predator’s Mom. Claire stares at me sometimes. Don’t know if she’s calling me an asshole with her eyes or if she’s not all there and just looking past me at nothing. Prolly both.

Even the people that work here are getting nicknames. There’s a younger kid with some serious ADHD going on, I’ve been calling him Special Officer Doofy for a month now. One of the gals that works here is kinda plane Jane hot so she is the Librarian.

Probably the only time guys like us would be considered the hottest man in the room. 😂

I kinda want to come hang out for a day. Lol

It has been about 5 years since I used coins stashed in my car. I went to get gas and realized I forgot my wallet. I was able to muster up $22 in coins, which bought me about 7 gallons of gas.
Just reminded me of a day I was driving home from Palmdale and ran out of gas halfways home. So happened I had that $10 quarter roll. It was just enough to get home.

You've got the best attitude of all of us heathens. 😁

Latest posts

Back