Traffic Stop

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Just saying if you are a legal weapon holding citizen and you get pulled over by the police you do not need to tell them your in possession of a weapon. It makes them jittery.
However my boys should know your mom says you should. Moms know best.
If i was any person of color i would shut the hell up. Have your license in hand before the officer comes to your window. Hands out, have registration and proof of insurance Not Near a gun! Say yes sir etc etc. Thats what i do.

No man has ever been hurt when he just complies with the law, and does what the cop asks him to do. If it was unjust, you'll get your day in court.

What amazes me is that guy's girlfriend decided to argue with the cop and film the entire scene on her friggin phone rather than helping her boyfriend. Unfrigginbelievable.

I guess she wanted her 15 minutes of fame, and television. That was more important than trying to help another, even her boyfriend.

No man has ever been hurt when he just complies with the law, and does what the cop asks him to do. If it was unjust, you'll get your day in court.

What amazes me is that guy's girlfriend decided to argue with the cop and film the entire scene on her friggin phone rather than helping her boyfriend. Unfrigginbelievable.

Well this guy seems to be one of those guys who said the right thing.
The girlfriend seemed way to calm for the immediate circumstance.
I've been in the same situation with a hispanic officer and my gun at my side tucked into the seat cushion. I did what i said in the post above and got a warning for running a round about stop sign. I mean who the hell puts stop signs at a residential round about!! Lol Oh maybe in a rough neighborhood. Never seen one anywhere else in the state.

I have had a CCW for 35 years. Nobody in their right mind mentions that you have a gun, then dive into your jacket to pull out ID.

I am furious. Just heard 2 snipers have just shot 10 cops in Dallas, and now 3 cops are dead... during a lawful protest.

In retrospect i think the woman kept her calm instead of freaking out and getting shot. That officer definetly was scared. Little jumpy but who am i to judge a guy who runs into many a tough call circumstance a hundred times a day.
Better training?
Maybe a ex military guy who is jumpy on the trigger? Sure wouldnt want to run into him on a bad day.

I have had a CCW for 35 years. Nobody in their right mind mentions that you have a gun, then dive into your jacket to pull out ID.

I am furious. Just heard 2 snipers have just shot 10 cops in Dallas, and now 3 cops are dead... during a lawful protest.

From what i have heard the officer asked him to get his license after the guy told him he was a.permited CCW.
Whats a citizen to do?
That guy had no record.

Problem is the only one telling you this is the girlfriend, and it was before the recording started. All I ask is you withhold judgement until ALL the facts come out, not from the G/F on the day it happened.

I saw the dallas report on the news. Its all very disturbing.

Prayers for everyone there. To many crazy people out there.

My post was about educating people about staying safe when legally carrying. No judgement calls here.

In most states you have no duty to inform, unless asked.

duty-to-inform-50-states-1024x665.jpg

According to the map Ernesto, you have duty to inform.

Yeah well I'd rather not. I hate being around jittery people with guns and if you don't say anything no one will ever know. I also have a really bad short term memory.

There is nothing wrong with informing. Just do as he asks and everyone will be fine.

I think I posted this before and on facebook as well.
About a year ago on my way to a friends shop I took a back street. The neighborhood is a little on the rough side.
So first intersection in the hood was a roundabout - that had stop signs. I'm pretty sure I didnt notice the stop signs but I slowed and looked all directions.
Next thing ya know lights behind me. I carry my 9mm tucked in the seat cushion on my right side.
Immediately I get my DL out and have boths hands out the window with my license. I'm pretty sure he saw my weapon. I said nothing about my weapon.
I admitted that I was not sure I did a complete stop and he even admitted it was a weird roundabout having stop signs an all.
Had to reach over to the glove box and get my registration and proof of insurance which I had readily at hand. He praised me for not having to seach the box and go through multiple old registrations.
Ended up with a warning.

I got stopped one time when i was living in NY. Had a 357 Mag with a shoulder holster he saw. He said wow you have better guns then we do . That was it , and i had no Permit . Gave me my gun back and said be careful. :)

After the LA riots, everyone was packing, with or without a license. It they were good people, id shake their hands and tell them to be cadeful.

My brother was in the National Guard and sent to KC during the riots. The FBI was in charge, they told the public that the guards were not carrying loaded guns, but they were. The guards were told to shoot to kill if they had looter problems.

Latest posts

Back