Traffic Stop

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm always super compliant and super respectful with cops. I've got the license and registrations ready well before they get out of their vehicle. And I'm white. I get a ticket for something or another on average every couple years.

"Back in the day" when everyone had a few cold ones and then jumped in the car to drive home I got literally dozens of breaks when I was essentially shitfaced drunk. They'd follow me home, or look to see how far I was from home and tell me to be careful. I've been caught half a dozen time with open containers.

NO DUI arrests or convictions and can't ever recall being treated unfairly. Some of the CHP (California Highway Patrol) guys are WAY too high strung but they're not disrespectful. I think they shouldn't drink coffee at all or energy drinks, especially the younger ones.

I never lie/BS them when they ask me what I was doing. I don't understand the whole point of the question. They pulled me over because they saw me driving like an idiot. Do they WANT me to lie? Just give me my ticket and I'll be on my way.........Sir.

The only time I was upset with a ticket was one for 56 in a 55. Cost me $80. I probably could have beat it but it would have cost me more to miss work that day and I was booked 6 weeks ahead. It was MHP.

That's the best way to be In. 90% of tickets are decided before the cop exits his car to contact you. I always left a few percentage points on how they accept their actions.

I always JUST want to be on my way. Nothing to be gained by a confrontation with a man who has the gun and the law on his side. You've got to be pretty delusional to think there's some way you come out ahead. I'm always about weighing the odds and playing to WIN.

I can't think of a single incident EVER where I got pulled over where I wasn't well aware of what I did or was doing wrong. I doubt even racist cops go around looking for excuses to pull over minorities. It's the cops job to stop you if your tail light is out. If you're speeding, changing lanes illegally, rolling through stop signs...............

All we see in the video is a bloody victim of an obviously distraught police officer. We know nothing about the events that led up to the shooting. I agree that we need to withhold judgement til more facts are in.

ALL these videos are about the same. They start rolling after the fact. So it looks really bad for the cops because ALL OF A SUDDEN they are acting in a violent manner towards by that time is usually a subdued person.

These are ugly times. I'm feeling very sad about these incidents.

Last edited:
I always JUST want to be on my way. Nothing to be gained by a confrontation with a man who has the gun and the law on his side. You've got to be pretty delusional to think there's some way you come out ahead. I'm always about weighing the odds and playing to WIN.

I can't think of a single incident EVER where I got pulled over where I wasn't well aware of what I did or was doing wrong. I doubt even racist cops go around looking for excuses to pull over minorities. It's the cops job to stop you if your tail light is out. If you're speeding, changing lanes illegally, rolling through stop signs...............

All we see in the video is a bloody victim of an obviously distraught police officer. We know nothing about the events that led up to the shooting. I agree that we need to withhold judgement til more facts are in.

ALL these videos are about the same. They start rolling after the fact. So it looks really bad for the cops because ALL OF A SUDDEN
they are acting in a violent manner towards by that time is usually a subdued person.

These are ugly times. I'm feeling very sad about these incidents.
My thoughts exactly.... all we see on TV is a few seconds that makes the cops look bad. We never saw the minutes that led up to the resulting video clip.

I've seen plenty of videos where the civilian was directed to get down or hands on the vehicle (outside) and they refuse and argue with the officer. Bad thing to do unless you like wrestling.

Latest posts

Back