Unbelievable

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Stole this pic from another forum. And they wonder why the ceramic above this is failing. How could this even pass inspection?

floor joists.jpg

Those are 2x4s. I actually just saw this exact setup a few months back. The customer wanted me to install hardwood and I told him not without AT LEAST another layer of plywood over the top and reinforcing the floor from underneath.

I'm going to guess it's 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 inch T&G plywood. For a while 1 1/4" T&G was OK on 4 ft centers. Floors always sagged in the middle. I don't recall the floors having excessive bounce............ then again, I don't recall what I did on Wednesday either. :D

I'm going to guess it's 1 1/8 or 1 1/4 inch T&G plywood. For a while 1 1/4" T&G was OK on 4 ft centers. Floors always sagged in the middle. I don't recall the floors having excessive bounce............ then again, I don't recall what I did on Wednesday either. :D

I'm going to prescribe you some Cannibis Indica, I hear it helps memory loss. :)

Cannabis.jpg

I see nothing wrong with this, engineered floor joint , prolly 2 layers if plywood running perpendicular with each other , probably cause there clear spanning greater distance the conventional framing can do, even if you use the L/ 360 deflection rating

Sorry engineered floor truss system. I think that's what you guys are talking about

I see nothing wrong with this, engineered floor joint , prolly 2 layers if plywood running perpendicular with each other , probably cause there clear spanning greater distance the conventional framing can do, even if you use the L/ 360 deflection rating

I never even see a roofing truss built like that thing and roofs hardly have any load on them.

Put a couple of feet of wet snow on them ,and you will have plenty of load E.
We have commercial roofs that collapse around here .

Ernesto said:
I never even see a roofing truss built like that thing and roofs hardly have any load on them.

Based on the lack of insulation up top I'd say we're not looking through a crawl space at the under side of a floor but looking in an attic at a flat roof truss. The copper line looks like a refrigerant line for an AC. Most likely this house is in the sun belt where a flat roof can often be covered with foam. Much lighter than a cement tile roof by far.

Latest posts

Back