What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bought a plastic tub of tuna salad from Fred Meyer. I just add some real tuna, relish, broccoli, diced sweet nubbins and 7 special herbs and spices. The Tub-O-Tuna makes a good base to build on.

6 of us went out to a nice little restaurant last night. Mind you, it is in a strip mall, but lots of wait staff. We knew it was kind of pricey, so we were conservative with what we ordered. Wife had a glass of house wine ($19) and a single size (10") Margarita pizza ($28). We had an ox tail appetizer ($22), which were three french fry sized breaded pastries with mushed ox tail meat inside. I got a 12 oz flap steak ($55) with 12 halved 1" potatoes and half of a grilled tomato, and I had a glass of ($22) Sangria. My bill with tip was $188. All said, for the 6 of us, the bill was $1300! WTF, this is a strip mall! My buddy ordered their "Old Fashioned" whisky, which was $40. I choked when he told me the price, but he said it was a double, so the price was not that bad. He also had a single serve Pieaea, with shrimp, which was $140. They also had a 40 ounce Tomahawk steak, that was $255!
Maybe I am out of touch, but would have been happier with an In N Out burger for $9!

6 of us went out to a nice little restaurant last night. Mind you, it is in a strip mall, but lots of wait staff. We knew it was kind of pricey, so we were conservative with what we ordered. Wife had a glass of house wine ($19) and a single size (10") Margarita pizza ($28). We had an ox tail appetizer ($22), which were three french fry sized breaded pastries with mushed ox tail meat inside. I got a 12 oz flap steak ($55) with 12 halved 1" potatoes and half of a grilled tomato, and I had a glass of ($22) Sangria. My bill with tip was $188. All said, for the 6 of us, the bill was $1300! WTF, this is a strip mall! My buddy ordered their "Old Fashioned" whisky, which was $40. I choked when he told me the price, but he said it was a double, so the price was not that bad. He also had a single serve Pieaea, with shrimp, which was $140. They also had a 40 ounce Tomahawk steak, that was $255!
Maybe I am out of touch, but would have been happier with an In N Out burger for $9!
Wow, we could feed 4 people for a couple months on that.

Two bowls of chicken tortilla soup for dinner tonight. Plenty of shredded cheese, sour cream and crunched up tortilla chips on top. Then for dessert I picked up one of them pumpkin swiss rolls and a can of whipped cream. I’m full.

Yeah, but then no story. 😁
I can't recall ever paying $30 for a meal... or $20 for that matter.... including the hot fudge shake. 😁

Got some chops on the grill. Slice of NY cheesecake for dessert.

IMG_3725.jpeg

You guys do pork. Cheekin salade' sandwiches on 12 grain home driven bread.

Now I gotta pick me up a rotisserie chicken and some croissants so I can make my own chicken salad sammich. You make your own chicken salad
or you buy it? Either way is ok. When I make my own I like to put some stuff in it. Pistachios for some crunch cus the wife don’t like celery but I put that in there too. I just dice it up a bit smaller and the pistachios distract her from the fact that celery is a staple in the ol chicken salad. Then maybe I’ll throw in some grapes, an apple or pineapple for a hint of juicy sweetness.

The key is to make the salad while the chicken is still warm. Mix all your stuff up and the flavors all mingle like a food swingers party. If you wait till the chicken cools down too much before you make the salad it will taste like cold ass refrigerator chicken mixed in with all the other ingredients instead of everything playing nicely on the same team.

Had dinner at a friends tonight. He’s been having some dental work done. I feel for the guy cus it’s been dragging out for him. Anyway this is what it looks like if it hurts you to chew. Box mashed taters, canned chicken, canned corn and bagged cheese melted on top. It looks like a section 8 shepherds pie😂 but it didn’t taste all that bad. The dogs thought so as well.

IMG_3730.jpeg

I don't go overboard with chicken salad. With the store bought slop, I just add a large can of good chunk tuna and no other liquidy things.
I just add some sweet relish, chopped green onions, broccoli, sometimes chopped cucumber. If it's real wet, I'll press them dryer on a paper towel before giving the slices a couple chops.

Then, (actually the first thing) I'll add whatever from the sprinkle department.... Dash of onion powder, garlic powder, pepper.... Even a dash of Wooster shire. I'm talking tiny bits of whatever powders, not much.
I need to add slices of sweet pickles across the bread..... Like mom did. Hers was still better.

Latest posts

Back