What adhesive to glue down hardwood floor to concrete?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

teak

I purchased Brazilian Teak hardwood floor. I just wonder what kind of flooring adhersive should be use to glue it to concrete?

Bostik Seal-N_Grip

Bostik Best

Bostik Moisure Barrier

Please give me some advice. Thank you very much.

What Havasu said but these are the best ones I use. Bostik Green Force, Bostik ultra step single step 2, or Sikabond T-21 or Sika T-35 with Sika Primer MB.

We want the slab shot blasted to GUARANTEE no moisture issues. On top of that we go with the Bostic MVP.

Then Bostic Best adhesive.

You won't go wrong with that formula. Yes, it's over kill. But wood floors + installation are a once in a lifetime deal IF you do it correctly.

So do it correctly and never worry about it again for your lifetime.

Well read the fine print on the warranty. Shot blasting is great if there's someone in town with one. Most john q public will not pay for that. Grinding to a csp-2 to 3 is easier and cheaper. I can do that with my 7 inch grinder.

Many of the lower quality adhesives like Bostik seal an grip are only rated at 85% rh (insitu) but the ones I posted have no upper limit.
However you need to prep that slab. Use the correct trowel (one trowel per bucket) and check for at least 95% coverage.

I've used MVP many times. I like it over the all in ones better. But then there's that upcharge for troweling it out. I also use MVP plus six mil and a vapor retarder underlayment under floaters although it is not specified for that. The sika Primer MB is specified under floaters.

Last edited:
Well read the fine print on the warranty. Shot blasting is great if there's someone in town with one. Most john q public will not pay for that. Grinding to a csp-2 to 3 is easier and cheaper. I can do that with my 7 inch grinder.

Many of the lower quality adhesives like Bostik seal an grip are only rated at 85% rh (insitu) but the ones I posted have no upper limit.
However you need to prep that slab. Use the correct trowel (one trowel per bucket) and check for at least 95% coverage.

I've used MVP many times. I like it over the all in ones better. But then there's that upcharge for troweling it out. I also use MVP plus six mil and a vapor retarder underlayment under floaters although it is not specified for that. The sika Primer MB is specified under floaters.
Can you elaborate on the process of combining the products? I'm assuming trowel on the MVP, then use a loose lay the 6 mil and then add the vapor "proof" underlayment?
I ask because many many moons ago, Bruce had a process of installing 6 mil into their sealer by embedding the plastic in it.

Latest posts

Back