What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Th
Going to the lumber yard tomorrow. I get 20% off because of the holiday. My great granddaughters need rocking chairs. Back in 2008 when the economy died, I donated a truckload of children's stuff to Toys for Tots. Back then, I went to a discount lumber yard. Owner let me hand pick everything. Hope I can find some lumber worth buying tomorrow.
That's pretty generous Rusty. Bet the kids got a kick out of the toys.

This is one of the designs from 10 years ago.

Attachments

• 007.JPG
    007.JPG
    2.7 MB · Views: 32
Thanks, that is the simple one. I made some with the back shaped as a Teddy Bear. I also made a table, my wife's design, that looked like a ladybug and had 3-legged stools that looked like daisies with it.

It was 95 degrees last time I went outside and with the humidity it feels like a sauna. One of my cats got a puncture on his back so I've been draining the pus and cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide until the vet opens back up so I can get him some antibiotics.

Floorist, that is an awesome chair! I think you probably would have gotten along well with my late elderly friend when he was alive. He made did a lot of woodworking projects. Made little bill holders shaped like ducks with the beak/bill made from a clothespin. A weird type of African drum (I'll have to look up the name again, but I have the plans for it somewhere), furniture, cabinets, toys, banks, etc. We have a container that is shaped like a duck, has clear plastic on the sides so you can see in, and a plug in the top so you can get stuff out. I stored my marbles in it. Wish I could find it. We have all sorts of stuff from him. One of his larger more detailed projects was he made an old style spinning wheel. He did it by hand so when his niece took it to an antique festival they thought it was an actual antique and didn't realize it had been made just months before. LOL.

One of these days I'll have to gather up the stuff that I made and take pictures-- but most of it is over 20 years old and not that great. Some of my ceramics projects were horrible. LOL. I think my favorite thing I made from clay was a bank that looks like a giant eraser.

Yes , Roy is something .. No tools are electric ..
He's always impressed me. He has to hack something together in 23 minutes so it only takes one episode to pretty much complete a project.
I'd love to see what his good stuff looks like. ......it's all good stuff, just like to see what he's really capable of when his time is not limited.
Can you imagine him making a 16 foot long piece of 1/4 round?
That would be his first two part show. :D

Latest posts

Back