What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Almost done, eff the rain.
001.JPG

You can have mine ..
I was wrong. On June 9th we had a real downpour. 54 inches. :eek::eek:
I thought we was gonna drown. :confused:
Between then and now I think we had a few hundredths a couple of times.
Summers are usually dry, but we're probably short a couple inches from average.

My cat disappeared for over 24 hours (not sure how she managed to crawl out but she did). I thought she was gone but she managed to drag herself back in next to the water bowl. I got her some fresh water, pulled the burs out of her fur, and cleaned her up. She's still not doing great. Barely drinking and eating. I had to mix her water with a little milk to get her to drink it and the claws come out whenever I try to put something in her mouth with a syringe. She's weaker and more run-down. I found a box from Sam'sclub used to hold frozen chicken bags-- it has an opening in the front. I have her sleeping in it on some waterproof pads and some of my clothes that she likes. I moved the box on to my bed so I can be near her if she needs anything and she can see me so she knows I'm with her.

It's been raining a lot here. Massive thunderstorms and the road workers messed up the road the other day by putting down a bunch of soft dirt piled high. It made vehicles slip when driving over and now it is slippery mud. I watched a chevy in front of me fishtailing all over while going 20mph. I made sure to drive in a different spot so my tires wouldn't get caught in his tracks.

My friend's fiance needs a lift to Shreveport on Wednesday for a cardiology appointment. It's going to be a long drive. Today (since it is after midnight here) is my sister's wedding anniversary. I think it's been 8 or 9 years since she got married. I don't think they realized what the date was. The error message I was getting on my truck (about checking emissions) went away on it's own just before the replacement part arrived.

The rainy weather has been interfering with taking the cardboard boxes out so they have piled up (my mother orders a lot of stuff from Amazon). Since my friend's fiance was last over, my brother has only taken one trash bag out (and that was after I scraped the overflow off the top into another bag and helped him get the bag out of the can).

A possum has decided that this weather sucks so it has been hiding in my laundry room behind the dryer. The dogs have been going crazy over it. A tree frog has been hanging out near the kitchen sink to catch the bugs. Since my brother broke the flap off the cat door, mosquitoes have been swarming in. I'm going to try to make a curtain to cover it-- maybe a clear vinyl piece duct-taped to the door to keep bugs out.

Bargain time....Dewalt is discontinuing their 18 v line. I bought two 1/2 drill drivers/two batteries/chargers sets in a case for $89 each. Reg price is $169. They are selling through lumber yards.

Latest posts

Back