What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What OS are you running ?, and do you have MS Office ? I can send the generator keys if you don't..
I have Windows 7 Ultimate for OS and I do not have Office. I had it on my old computer prior to upgrading & I can't find the installation DVD. I think it slid under my bed somewhere. Probably covered in dust bunnies. LOL.

Ernesto that beach looks okay
We have a Mission Bay Beach here which is just over the harbour bridge for me on the Auckland side then about 15 minutes drive

Beautiful Jon. Putting that on bucket list. San Diego California is always cloudy in the morning, clouds burn off by noon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Z, Due to licencing requirements the filters to import WordPerfect Documents has been removed from Apache OpenOffice.
LibreOffice to my understanding still has the filters in place.
Alternatively you could try Zamzar for file conversion from WordPerfect to Open Document Format (.odt extension for Writer documents)

I downloaded LibreOffice and it opens .wpd documents .... so far. Also used Zamzar and while it takes a bit of acrobatics to convert the .wpd files it does work..

LOL!
Nick, thank you for the info. OpenOffice allowed me to open and read the file. I can select text and copy it. I can probably download the software from the internet and then use a key code or something if necessary.
Nursing a headache right now.
My cat's tumors are growing at an alarming rate. New ones sprouted up and grew within two hours. The lump on her neck has quintupled in size and spread underneath her throat all the way to the other side of her face. She can't stand up anymore, but she can still crawl and drag herself up. She crawled into the living room and pulled herself up onto the couch to sit on my lap. I wish there was more I could do for the poor thing.

LOL!
Nick, thank you for the info. OpenOffice allowed me to open and read the file. I can select text and copy it. I can probably download the software from the internet and then use a key code or something if necessary.
Nursing a headache right now.
My cat's tumors are growing at an alarming rate. New ones sprouted up and grew within two hours. The lump on her neck has quintupled in size and spread underneath her throat all the way to the other side of her face. She can't stand up anymore, but she can still crawl and drag herself up. She crawled into the living room and pulled herself up onto the couch to sit on my lap. I wish there was more I could do for the poor thing.
Maybe it is time.

Damn !!
getwellsoon3.gif

Daris, I hope Karen gets well soon.
Floorist, I think you're right about the poor kitty-- if she doesn't pass before I can bring her in. She was more tired and moving less today. She didn't finish her food. I put a waterproof mattress pad under her and held her for several hours. She lost control of her bladder so I moved her to a dry spot & cleaned her up. She was grooming herself and still showing a will to live. She purred when I was petting her. The tumors on her face slowed in growth, but the one on her neck is huge. She crawled over to the end of my bed and slept there on my sweater for a long time. I had to go to the post office briefly and when I returned, she had crawled off the bed and into a laundry hamper that got knocked over (because cats are jerks). She's been sleeping in there ever since. She's breathing but doesn't look at me when I call her. I reached in to pet her and she lifted her head a little, but didn't move much. I don't think the poor thing has much time. I keep checking on her. If she is this listless & refuses food in the morning I'll take her in to the vet. :-( It's a call I never want to make, but I don't want her to suffer the way my poor elderly cat did in his final moments (he died when the vet was closed-- but he was also absolutely terrified of car trips).
The dog has been trying to cheer me up. She gets right up near my face and smiles at me (pulls her lips back to show her teeth- I think her previous owners taught her to do it). She then licks my face. She also likes to jump into my arms to be held.

Update: Late last night/early this morning, some of the "tumors" ruptured. Turns out they were all abscesses. Cat wasn't eating bc one of the open sores (which was open the last time I took her to the vet & asked if it could be an abscess-- and vet didn't check) was leaking pus down her face and into her mouth. Massive amounts of pus so I think it made her nauseous. The lump on the side of her face had not ruptured & it was connected to the enormous lump on her neck (which had wrapped all the way under to the other side of her head). Vet had to shave a spot on her face and lance it. I couldn't watch bc I'm a bit squeamish about cutting/lancing. I heard the vet exclaim that it was a ton of fluid. In some ways I wish I had watched just to see how much came out. I'm supposed to put a warm compress on her face and neck to keep the pus draining, but for now I'm letting her rest. She's sleeping on a puppy pad on the cat tree while the mattress pad is being washed.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back