What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought that brand was one of the best.
Most of their tools are. When I got there, the guy who wrote the return ticket told me he had a bunch of them that were bad. I have had a 12" Grizzly variable speed bandsaw that I have used for years. It needs parts though, and they can't get any. So I have been seeing what I can rig up.

You are not alone. I don't get that many calls tho. Those are on my land line. The ones I get on my cell phone are "we noticed you stayed at on of our resorts recently" another is a credit card warning. (I don't have one)
uh, click.

You are not alone. I don't get that many calls tho. Those are on my land line. The ones I get on my cell phone are "we noticed you stayed at on of our resorts recently" another is a credit card warning. (I don't have one)
uh, click.
My wife will tell them "wait a minute" then she whispers to no one "use an old blanket to wrap the body in and cleanup all that blood" They hang up.

Mine are all recordings that sound or behave like real people. "How are you doing to day"......pause....."oh, that's good" The pause in the recording makes you think you are talking to someone. From that point on, you can't say anything to stop her.... because she's a recording.

I get the "you recently stayed at one of our resorts" at which point I just start saying "Bulls***!" and hang up. Another one is "This is an important notice about your credit card" They claim to be from "card holder services". I give the same response.
Then there is the one calling claiming to be from Apple and they detected a breach in my iCloud account or some bs. None of us have Apple anything and we don't have iCloud.
I get some claiming to be surveys. A few from political candidates as well. They are all recordings with no way to opt out.

I got a letter from the insurance company of the other driver from the wreck back in October. They wanted me to fill out a form and wanted my social security #. I'm going to ask my insurance company to communicate for me & tell them I don't want the other company having my SS#. It's none of their business & they have no valid reason to ask for it. All they need to do is pay for my damages- and I don't have all of the issues fixed yet. There's still the daytime running lights problem which requires pulling the bumper to access the wiring harness. And I still should get a 2nd strut so the struts are even.

The car my friend's fiance wanted sold already & she actually cried over it. I found a similar vehicle 101 miles away for $5k less. She has to wait to get her tax returns before she can buy anything anyway. She's hoping the dealership will get more in stock. I don't think its' a good idea for her to get that particular model bc it has 5 recalls (one of them is the gas tank, another is the seatbelt, something with the transmission, and I can't remember the others).

I improved the stroganof recipe. I used a jar of mushrooms and they had about half a cup of liquid with them. So I substituted that for some of the water. Once it was done cooking, I added sour cream and a splash of heavy cream. This time I put the leftovers away so my brother wouldn't eat them. While I was cooking, one of the cats wrapped his front legs around my leg, flopped on his side, and then started kicking against my leg to spin himself around. Another cat kept climbing on the counter and trying to grab the spoon. I put the pan and serving spoon down for Fippy to lick clean.

Since my friend is coming over tomorrow to help move the old 240lb TV out, I have to clear a path for it so I've been cleaning all day. I cleared up a bunch of stuff in the kitchen, picked up books & other stuff the cats knocked down in the front room (to clear a spot for the old TV), swept the floor, helped my brother carry out a very heavy large litterbox that he hadn't changed in over 6 months (it took both of us to lift it and I had to set it down a few times to rest), I put wheels on a rolling drawer set and set it up, stuffed stuff in it, and then wanted to put stuff away in the pantry but it was a disaster. Lots of stuff was knocked on the floor, bags/boxes were torn open & had been chewed by moths, canned goods had expired, and I had made the mistake of piling empty cat food bags up to use for putting used litter in (since the plastic bags would rip when I put the litter in them). The cats got in when the door wasn't closed properly & used the bags as a litterbox. There were some canned sodas and canned beans on the floor that had corroded- they were unopened but empty. I threw out even the ones that hadn't corroded bc we don't drink canned sodas anymore & I didn't want to mess with them. I also threw out all the bottles of Propel (a flavored drink that my mother used to drink but stopped drinking bc she found out it wasn't healthy for her) and then I had to clean the floor. I actually had to make a trip to the store to get more cleaning supplies (and we were out of milk, hamburger meat, and fresh veggies). I finished cleaning the floor (sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, drying) and am taking a little break for a bit. In about 15 minutes I'll go back to cleaning again. I still need to put a bunch of stuff away to clear a path through the kitchen to get the TV through. I got some plastic bins to store stuff that doesn't go in the pantry & that isn't trash. Mom wants the tubs stored in the front room. Gonna be fun figuring out what goes where, but my brother promised to help. We'll see if he keeps his word.

I left my door open so Daisy, Senator Snugglebum, and Sir Hammington are on me.

Every day I get 3-4 calls wanting to update my Google business listing. They will not quit calling. Anyone else get calls from them?

I was getting them all the time, multiple calls a day. Tried hitting #2 or #9 which usually takes you off the list. Nope, so I talked to one the people and told them IF YOU DONT STOP F'ING CALLING ME I'M GOING TO FIND YOU AND FU*K EVERYBODY THERE UP!!!! They have stopped. lol
Actually I was screaming it into my phone on a job. I think my customer heard me. hehehe I was having a stressful day.

I had some panhandlers who used to call constantly (Fraternal Order of Police- which is not actually a charity, but claims to be one). After about the 20th call that week. I kept telling them to take me off the call list. The guy called & I told him I was tired of getting calls, I was never going to donate, and to stop calling. The guy got an attitude with me and said "We can call you as many times as we want and I'm going to call you every day!" I said "In that case, give me your name so I know who to have my lawyer contact for my harassment lawsuit, a$$hole!" They stopped calling.

They were more obnoxious than the collection agency that was trying to get me to pay a medical bill that had already been fully paid but the hospital was trying to rip me off by charging me double (I'd already paid them & they'd gotten $ from my insurance, but they were trying to bill me again for the full amount they'd already been paid). They kept calling when I wasn't home and when I finally talked to someone from the agency & explained what was going on, she said "That's horrible! I'm so sorry, we won't be calling you again!" That was the end of it.

I've gotten most of the living room cleared but I'm going to need help with lifting some stuff & my brother is asleep. I'm taking a little break again while waiting for my naproxyn to kick in. Sir Hammington is curled up on me. There's still a lot of junk to sort through. I should have gotten more than 3 storage bins... I've already filled up 2.

I had one call me last week , while he is talking my security software starts blinking , and beeping .. The arse is trying to send me ransom ware..
So i e mailed him a file with a 128 bit encryption to lock him out of his confuser .. Last thing he said was You M, and he was done ..

See ,Even in the darkest hrs you can find something to laugh at .. :D

Regarding that card holder services call, I actually answered them one time and asked what bank they represent. The guy answered with an Indian accent. Told him he was a scammer and hung up. But I still get the calls every now and then. Love hanging up on them. I still can't understand why the phone companies don't have a block list that disables all phones from those vendors when they get a complaint. I know they want the money bur really?

As of Friday the balance on my car loan 2014 4Runner is ZERO!

Today on the way to work, 2 deer passed 50 feet in front of me. Cool!

Went another mile and came around a corner. Spotted another deer. It jumped in front of me. Skidded tires. But missed it by 5 feet.

Not Cool!

Got a call this morning from the lady who takes me in the backroom of my Dr .. She was in tears , She got a call from them saying they were Microft and put a version of Ransomware on her confuser , and wanted $400.00 to remove it .. Told her not to worry i have to go there tomorrow and i can take it out for her .. They should go after these guys and put one behind their ear ..

moosejpg.jpg

Latest posts

Back