What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My wife is in the hospital again with pneumonia.
She isn't like my wife by chance where she has to sleep at a 30* angle is she? If my wife don't, whatever is in her stamach comes back up and she inhales to her lungs causing a pnuemonia. Since it was discovered that is what she was doing she was in the hospital at least once a month. That is what happens when the little flapper in your throat don't work anymore.:(

Shitty week here. Had an island job that was a disaster. Transportation, heat, down trees, you name it. Customer is very high end and also very good to me so sucked it up and made it happen. I got a (well deserved) 1k tip and a free weekend for myself & my family at the island cottage when she's not there for all the trouble. She had to leave town unexpectedly. She only uses it a couple weeks in the summer and the rest of the time it's a (very nice) rental cottage. So score I guess, 😂.

Then this dumb ass goes and trys to jump on my kids gocart while ripping around the yard. Broke his back hind leg and ripped the toenail off his front right leg! Had to take him 2 hours away to an emergency animal hospital (bye bye 1k tip). Left the house at 7am last sat and didn't get home till 8pm!. Then had to take him to our regular vet today to swap out cast and get him better pain meds..... Ahhh, the joys of pet ownership....

Anyone want a show American bulldog that doesn't get shown & costs an arm & leg to maintain? 😆

PXL_20220429_190832721.jpg

Shitty week here. Had an island job that was a disaster. Transportation, heat, down trees, you name it. Customer is very high end and also very good to me so sucked it up and made it happen. I got a (well deserved) 1k tip and a free weekend for myself & my family at the island cottage when she's not there for all the trouble. She had to leave town unexpectedly. She only uses it a couple weeks in the summer and the rest of the time it's a (very nice) rental cottage. So score I guess, 😂.

Then this dumb ass goes and trys to jump on my kids gocart while ripping around the yard. Broke his back hind leg and ripped the toenail off his front right leg! Had to take him 2 hours away to an emergency animal hospital (bye bye 1k tip). Left the house at 7am last sat and didn't get home till 8pm!. Then had to take him to our regular vet today to swap out cast and get him better pain meds..... Ahhh, the joys of pet ownership....

Anyone want a show American bulldog that doesn't get shown & costs an arm & leg to maintain? 😆

View attachment 14593

High 5 for muscling through and another high 5 for the sweet tip. The pet part sucks. My wife n I have a number in our head that each pets life is worth. Fortunate for them it’s above $1K.

I’ll drop maybe $2500. I’ll say $12 but I’ve paid more so 25 it is. Now if I’m told fluffy needs a heart transplant and it’s gonna be 5k, well I’ll cry a little then look for another one that resembles the one I lost.

My in-laws had a dog that looked like Frankenstein. It was blind and deaf, had the diabetes so it needed shots and pissed on a pad on the floor. That’s just a bit much.

High 5 for muscling through and another high 5 for the sweet tip. The pet part sucks. My wife n I have a number in our head that each pets life is worth. Fortunate for them it’s above $1K.

My wife paid $5k for that big dumb ass. He was selectively bred for the show dog circle. Even know we're not in that circle, the missus "fell in love with his cute puppy face". So he was at the house faster than I could say absolutely not paying 5k for a damn dog! But it is what it is and he's family now.
As long as the odds are in their favor, I'll pay to get them fixed up properly. My last one had an autoimmune disease and the bills were going to be ridiculous ($7-10k). Then she only had about a 30% chance of pulling through. That's when you have to make that dreadful decision....

Shit, if that was my fate I would tell the wife to keep the money!

I’ve had some fancy animals before. We had a bengal cat. Definitely a cool cat but if you made him mad he pissed somewhere in the house. I didn’t like him much then but was hesitant to wring his neck because of how expensive he was. Mmm hmm. Standard schnauzers are expensive. I want one but I’d much rather have a 3 HP Sawstop. Chickens. Now there’s a pet that has a low entry cost and you get eggs, and fertilizer. Roosters are fun too. Them bastards keep you on your toes.

I’ve had some fancy animals before. We had a bengal cat. Definitely a cool cat but if you made him mad he pissed somewhere in the house. I didn’t like him much then but was hesitant to wring his neck because of how expensive he was. Mmm hmm. Standard schnauzers are expensive. I want one but I’d much rather have a 3 HP Sawstop. Chickens. Now there’s a pet that has a low entry cost and you get eggs, and fertilizer. Roosters are fun too. Them bastards keep you on your toes.

I have a buddy that's really into chickens. And them little peckers get pricey too. He has a couple he paid over 1k for. Apparently their some special damn chicken from some Latin country. Latin folks really take their chickens seriously.

Me on the other hand got some regular chickens for the backyard. Built them a coop and everything. Then the missus called me while I was working and was balling her eyes out. Chickens are easy meals for EVERYTHING. something got into the coop and mutilated them. Even pulled their heads through the chicken fence. So when I got home it looked like a damn horror movie. Feathers, guts, blood and a damn fence full of chicken heads!

I said that's enough of that shit. There's acres of woods out back with a lot of hungry bellies out there.

Yeah, you either lock em up or you just say heck with it and let nature take its course. We lost a few throughout the year every year but for a couple bucks they return again. One year we got 6 chickens. They hadn’t been sexed yet and damn if 5 of them didn’t turn out to be roosters. That means 4 of em gotta go cus one rooster is enough to drive you nutz.

My buddy is renting my house and there’s one rooster left. All the chickens have moved on but that one damn rooster. You can’t kill the rooster! Lol. He attacks my buddy all the time. I think that’s what I like about roosters, they’re assholes.

I'd pay $25...... That's why I shouldn't be allowed to own pets. 😁
Neighbors cat likes to hang out to get a rub on the noggin as often as possible. It doesn't beg for attention, it's just an opportunist. Someone else can feed her and pay the vet bills. My last "pet" was a tarantula......40 years ago. Very low maintenance. If I forgot to feed it for a few weeks it was still happy and healthy.

I'd pay $25...... That's why I shouldn't be allowed to own pets. 😁
Neighbors cat likes to hang out to get a rub on the noggin as often as possible. It doesn't beg for attention, it's just an opportunist. Someone else can feed her and pay the vet bills. My last "pet" was a tarantula......40 years ago. Very low maintenance. If I forgot to feed it for a few weeks it was still happy and healthy.
You have your pet brother. :ghostly:

Went over and got our Chrysler. 9 days and he had not worked on it. And they gave me three different excuses as to why not. First, they needed to loosen a motor mount and raise the motor to change the starter and his motor jack was in his other shop. Second, from his son, they had to pull manifold bolts and had ordered new ones. Third, they needed a special tool and could not find one. I watched a youtube video and the guy changed one without any of those problems. Then he told me it was driveable and to take it if I needed it. It has to be up too high in the air for me to do it. Need to be able to get both hands in there.

Rusty, I hope your wife will recover from the pneumonia. It has taken quite a few of my beloved family & friends. I hope you can get your Chrysler fixed. It took over a month for the local guy our insurance preferred to fix up our CR-V after some old bat backed into the door when I was in the parking lot. He did a rush job and left orange peel textured paint but we wanted it usable again. Refused to use him after that.

I wake up with respiratory problems if I sleep on my back (unless I'm sitting up more). I'm a side sleeper mostly. Especially since the cats like to sleep on my side.

I don't think I could ever put a set price on my fur babies but I know there is a limit where we couldn't afford it. I know some people get expensive chemo for dogs with cancer. That isn't even an option where I live. Vet won't do it.

Tom, I'm sorry to hear about your dog getting injured. I hope he learned his lesson and won't make the same mistake again.

I had regular old fryer chickens (don't know official breed names) and they were spoiled but produced good eggs. Sometimes laid triple yolkers. And they were big fat chickens. Got to run around a large yard with a pond instead of being in a small run. Had a chickenhouse with nesting boxes where they could shelter. We had geese that deterred some predators from messing with our chickens and ducks. They really liked ducklings and started babysitting. We had a duck that had dud eggs & got really depressed (stopped eating & wouldn't even stand up) so we bought some ducklings for cheap at auction. She was over the moon about having babies to watch. As soon as they were big enough to go to the pond we let them all out of the brooder box. Then the ducklings decided they liked the geese better than other ducks but mama duck was still happy.

CJ, ever experiment with waving something red around a rooster? It really makes them mad. We had a 22lb rooster who would become enraged when I wore red leotards and shook my behind at him while saying "neener neener neener" (I was a kid at the time). He would charge at me but I would use a trash can lid as a shield. He ended up hurting himself (bleeding from his comb) so I stopped doing that. But he would act like the bully of the yard, chasing other critters. He chased a duckling once and the goose tried to murder him. Grabbed him by the neck, dragged him into the pond and was dunking his head under the water. I had to rescue him. He stopped bullying after that and never pecked, bit, or scratched at me again. He actually liked to be held and petted- as did many of the chickens.

I'm sad to hear about Naomi Judd. IIRC, I think her original name was Diana and Wynona was named Chris (probably short for Christine). I read her book over 20 years ago. I believe she got some form of Hepatitis from getting jabbed with a needle when she was a nurse. It's sounding like this was suicide. Really is a shame.

Thus far I've only gotten out of bed to let puppies out and go to the bathroom. Just feeling exhausted. I did have a bit of a "conversation" with one of the pups. He got on my bed, dug in my desk, and pulled out a medicine bottle. I took it away, scolded him, and pushed him off the bed. He got right back on. I pushed him off. He barked at me in protest while climbing back on. I barked at him and blocked him with a blanket. He sat on the floor to bark & howl in argument. I barked back. He eventually flopped down and whined and whimpered but then got quiet. He's either left or he's sleeping there. I can't see over the blanket.

Meanwhile, some of my cats that don't even like each other are snuggled together sleeping on my bed.

Never did wave a red cape for the rooster like he was a bull but I’ve done plenty of other things to antagonize him. He’s already mean enough as it is. He used to chase my van down the driveway as I left every morning. My buddy has a club in his truck cus roosty won’t let him out when he gets home. Damn rooster attacks his tires and waits for him to get out of the truck. I would either squirt him with the hose or use a broom to push him away. I used to kick him when he came at me but one time I kicked him a good one and my foot swole up and I thought I broke it so I don’t do that anymore. If you can grab em without getting your eyes pecked out, you hold them upside down by their feet for a few and they calm down real quick. Don’t worry, they forget all about it and go back to hating you in an hour or so.

Latest posts

Back