What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If that's your voice in the video, you have a nice deep voice. Man, that flooring looks neat! That's a lot of work! Interesting how the different flooring got merged in and then transitioned over. That must have taken quite a bit of planning.

Been exhausted from heat. Friend dislocated his thumb at work. I still am having problems with my index finger that I smashed a couple weeks back. And now I got a papercut on the middlefinger next to it. It doesn't hurt but it itches.

My window has a gap in the glass from tenants breaking it and replacing the glass with a piece too small. At least a 1" gap all along the edge. I cleaned it up and put some clear tape on first and then some hvac foil tape over that. I knew the foil tape would be too weak on its own. As soon as I peeled the paper off the back it rolled up and stuck to itself. Got all wrinkly. I cut my finger trying to smooth it out. Doesn't hurt but it itches like a mofo.

Dogs got into the trash outside so I'm going to have to clean that up when its not hot as hell. Went to the grocery store for a few things and came back overheated. There's some ice cream in the freezer but I'm saving it til later. Still working on tweaking my trim in my bathroom. Caulked some seams on some pieces I put together. Keep trying to get my brother to help me with putting together the tablesaw but he's always playing games or sleeping instead.

Watched the newest episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I'm enjoying that show. Right mix of action and comedy.

Talked to a family friend who works at Walmart. Used to be a manager but now is a greeter due to health issues. Both of his parents died of cancer. His little sister has had cancer a few times. Now his older brother has stage 4 lung cancer and was put in hospice. He's only in his 50s I think. Early 60s at the oldest. Never smoked but was in the army and transported nuclear weapons. He apparently joked with his army buddies that they were all going to get cancer when they got back home. Apparently one lung already collapsed and he keeps getting fluid buildup that causes excruciating pain until it is drained, but whenever they drain it, there is some sort of mass that starts bleeding. Required 5 blood transfusions in the last draining. They told him the treatment is not sustainable and its best to send him home and make him as comfortable as possible. Really sucks. :-(

Today I made the last payment on my E350 box truck. I guess you could also say I finished 21000 sq ft of Armstrong LVT in a medical center new construction

That’s the easiest way to show some of it

Congratulations 🎉
.....so by the time the payments are finished, the van's worn out in time to get a new payment book? 😁
That's kind of a strange way to combine two different colors of planks. I can't imagine being on a job that size. Looks fantastic.

If that's your voice in the video, you have a nice deep voice. Man, that flooring looks neat! That's a lot of work! Interesting how the different flooring got merged in and then transitioned over. That must have taken quite a bit of planning.

Been exhausted from heat. Friend dislocated his thumb at work. I still am having problems with my index finger that I smashed a couple weeks back. And now I got a papercut on the middlefinger next to it. It doesn't hurt but it itches.

My window has a gap in the glass from tenants breaking it and replacing the glass with a piece too small. At least a 1" gap all along the edge. I cleaned it up and put some clear tape on first and then some hvac foil tape over that. I knew the foil tape would be too weak on its own. As soon as I peeled the paper off the back it rolled up and stuck to itself. Got all wrinkly. I cut my finger trying to smooth it out. Doesn't hurt but it itches like a mofo.

Dogs got into the trash outside so I'm going to have to clean that up when its not hot as hell. Went to the grocery store for a few things and came back overheated. There's some ice cream in the freezer but I'm saving it til later. Still working on tweaking my trim in my bathroom. Caulked some seams on some pieces I put together. Keep trying to get my brother to help me with putting together the tablesaw but he's always playing games or sleeping instead.

Watched the newest episode of Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. I'm enjoying that show. Right mix of action and comedy.

Talked to a family friend who works at Walmart. Used to be a manager but now is a greeter due to health issues. Both of his parents died of cancer. His little sister has had cancer a few times. Now his older brother has stage 4 lung cancer and was put in hospice. He's only in his 50s I think. Early 60s at the oldest. Never smoked but was in the army and transported nuclear weapons. He apparently joked with his army buddies that they were all going to get cancer when they got back home. Apparently one lung already collapsed and he keeps getting fluid buildup that causes excruciating pain until it is drained, but whenever they drain it, there is some sort of mass that starts bleeding. Required 5 blood transfusions in the last draining. They told him the treatment is not sustainable and its best to send him home and make him as comfortable as possible. Really sucks. :-(
My brothers X lost her mom, dad and 3 sisters to cancer. She never smoked but everyone else did. Her brothers health is ok, but he only stopped smoking a few years ago.
Would that be considered a family history of cancer? 🫣
That sucks Zan. Awfully young for that.

9 months ago I was standing in my bedroom lookin down and I told my wife I was tired of being fat and not being able to see my junk. That started my weight loss journey. Fast forward to today and I’m down the 50 pounds I wanted to lose. Woot. So to celebrate we went out for lunch. I had the ribeye and it was delicious. I’m about to take a nap now cus my belly is full of beef. Hope you all are having a great day too!

Wow if I lost 50 lbs, I look like I lived in a concentration camp. 10 probably would hurt.
With all that food you cooked in AZ, were you just the chef and didn't eat any?
Congratulations.

Marie Callender has been keeping me fit and trim for 25 years.
...and a lot of sliced ham samiches, rarely fancied up with all the fixings.
...occasional cleanse with chocolate pudding cake and ice cream. 😁
Wendy's bacon Jr cheese burger twice annually.
I have skipped lunch for years... decades. Cereal, yogurt and 4 cups of coffee for breakfast.

9 months ago I was standing in my bedroom lookin down and I told my wife I was tired of being fat and not being able to see my junk. That started my weight loss journey. Fast forward to today and I’m down the 50 pounds I wanted to lose. Woot. So to celebrate we went out for lunch. I had the ribeye and it was delicious. I’m about to take a nap now cus my belly is full of beef. Hope you all are having a great day too!
I did the same about 5 years or so now. Look out it comes back and brings friends faster than it went off. Story of my life. 39 years ago I was 205, got remarried am up to 274.

I think I found those lost 50lbs. :p

Losing weight is not easy for me. My body wants to keep the fat.

It was 100°F outside today. Did curbside pickup at samsclub but order wasn't ready on time. Was supposed to be 5pm. I had to call them and then go into the store to nag them. Waited until 5:50 to even go look for the stuff to put my order together. Only 2 employees working on pickup & the one that brought my stuff out at 5:54pm looked like she was about to have a heat stroke.

Fedex refused to deliver package today claiming they couldn't find the address.

I’m 6’ 6” & weigh in at around 280#. I packed on about 50#’s after my son was born. It really slowed me down.
Luckily I carry the weight well being tall. But I still would like to ditch it.

Congrats Chris! I know it’s gotta feel good. Hopefully you found your junk too. 😂. I remember I had some too. Would like to find it again. 😂

My healthiest weight (with muscle) was 150lbs. I doubt I'd get down to that again, but I'd like to get under 200lbs.

Today I took out kitchen trash and started cutting weeds in the yard but battery ran out so I'm charging the cutter. Waiting on a Fedex package that was supposed to be delivered yesterday but driver is an idiot.

I'm glad I'm not at that point yet, but probably will be needing some sort of braces and walkers in the future.

Not looking forward to that.

Power went out last night and was out over 10hrs. Got hot as hell. Went to McDonalds early in the morning to cool off and get food since we couldn't cook or open the fridge/freezer. Regretted it later bc it didn't sit well with my guts. I started having a bad tummy ache and feeling nauseous a few hours later.

Returned my new shoes to Shoe Carnival bc when I tried them on at home they weren't as comfortable as when I tried them in the store. More to the point, the right shoe squeezed my foot so hard it was hurting. Not sure why it was like that at home but not in the store. I tried adjusting my socks to see if it made any difference. Took them back and explained why. Need the wide shoes. Told them I'd exchange if I could find a pair that fit. Now, I HATE shoe shopping, but I needed new shoes. Current old ones are hurting my feet because the insoles were chewed out by dogs & the rubber underneath is falling apart. They were $12 shoes though. Couldn't find them again in the store and couldn't find any cheap ones at Walmart that fit. I have a high arch so I can't even get my foot into a lot of shoes and I have a wide foot so a lot of shoes are too narrow. I had some where when I tried to get my top arch and heel in, they wouldn't go. Tried on one shoe and immediately regretted bc it was like a freaking tourniquet. Found a shoe I'd seen before but had only found regular width and it didn't fit. Spotted wide width for it and it fit comfortably. Not too loose (some of the shoes were too loose while most were too tight) but not too snug. Hopefully these ones will work. They were about $17 cheaper too so that worked out. I got a partial refund and shoes that should work. I hope. Keeping them hidden from dogs and cats when not being worn.

Talked to my friend and he wants to get a different showerhead system for his bathroom. He wants to have ceiling mount dual rainshowerheads so he and his gf can shower at the same time. Ceiling looks like a rolltop breadbox though-- slopes and curves. So it will take some work to get something run. Not sure what is above that stuff either. Anyway, he's going to give us back his slidebar rainshower with handheld so we can put it in Mom's bathroom. It has a longer slidebar and lower diverter. Instead of piercing the surround with it we're going to use construction adhesive. One less place to leak and we'll reinforce the back with some plywood or tongue and groove board glued on (if we have any from behind the wall when we go to take stuff out to put up the surround.

Took more trash out. Picked up moving blankets from Harbor Freight (they were on sale). Gonna use them over my windows. Picked up mail from post office. Cow feed from TSC & fed the cows. Took some trim down to the workshop & primed and waited until it dried (about30min) and painted it. Set up the new air fryer. It was easier this time than last time because my arm is healed more.

Still need to vacuum and sweep in my bathroom. Going to patch a very small piece of the vinyl flooring where the asshole mice chewed. And need to sweep the hallway & clean litterboxes. Trying to do things in small increments so I don't hurt myself.

if my extension pieces for shower arm come in tomorrow my friend can come over and hook up the plumbing.

Sometime soon we need to go to boot barn to get him new work boots. I got a 10% off coupon. The sole fell off of one of them and he's already glued it back on a few times before. The insoles are starting to get holes though.

Talked to my friend and he wants to get a different showerhead system for his bathroom. He wants to have ceiling mount dual rainshowerheads so he and his gf can shower at the same time. Ceiling looks like a rolltop breadbox though-- slopes and curves. So it will take some work to get something run. Not sure what is above that stuff either.
It takes good water pressure to make those ceiling mounted rainshower heads to flow well.

Latest posts

Back