What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry buddy. You won't be seeing me on anymore Royal Caribbean ships. Way too many people on those things and I hear they have gone the way as Princess Cruises. Horrible food/horrible service. I will stick to my Celebrity Cruise Line, where I am a platinum member and get lots of perks with my better food and service.

Royal Caribbean use to be top of the line .

I do Celebrity to.

How do you become a platinum member Hav ? What are the perks ?

We have had 2 separate one week cruises with Holland America, old people
2 weeks with Princess Panama Canal Thought they were quite good
2 weeks one week on each ship MSC very cheap flash ships
2 weeks Royal Caribbean around NZ thought they were okay
21 days Seabourn Antarctica Excellent Drinks, tips etc in the price
20 days Oceania Wouldn't sail with them again unless itinerary suited
28 days coming up with Seabourn early Jan
All except Seaborn nicked and dimed for eveything
Now if we had stayed with one company we would be getting up to be platinum members :)

Last edited:
I did a two year cruse with the Navy. Wouldn't cruse with them again.:)

It all started when our friendly English gentleman with the hyphenated name who was captain decided that due to time constraints he wasn't going into the Hubbard Glacier The one who needed an ice pick
And I bet your cabin was a bit different than what Hav and I get :D
Someone told me the Navy gave you a hard time cause they wouldn't let you do what you wanted to do :D

Last edited:
Just saw the drink prices for RCI on Cruise Critic have been lifted

DRINK PRICES.jpg

It all started when our friendly English gentleman with the hyphenated name who was captain decided that due to time constraints he wasn't going into the Hubbard Glacier The one who needed an ice pick
And I bet your cabin was a bit different than what Hav and I get :D
Someone told me the Navy gave you a hard time cause they wouldn't let you do what you wanted to do :D

I did it anyway Jon. :D

The platinum is called Elite on Celebrity.

300-749 earned Club Points**)
Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast
• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package
• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)
• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***
• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call
• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room
• Elegant tea invitation*
• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡
• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

Speaking of the Navy, I sailed from Hawaii to California with my Navy son on the USS Constellation while participating on the Tiger Cruise 15 years ago, and yeah, those 4 stacked bunks are a bit tight to turn over than a cruise line, but have to admit, the service and food was much greater than the last Princess Cruise I was on!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constellation_(CV-64))

Speaking of the Navy, I sailed from Hawaii to California with my Navy son on the USS Constellation while participating on the Tiger Cruise 15 years ago, and yeah, those 4 stacked bunks are a bit tight to turn over than a cruise line, but have to admit, the service and food was much greater than the last Princess Cruise I was on!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Constellation_(CV-64))

When I was in the Navy we had great food also. I guess the Navy gets a greater allotment for food than the other servces. At least back then they did. I flew on the Amiral's plane once to St Louis and you want to talk about a great steak. Cut it with a plastic fork you could. And it was fixed in the galley of the plane.

Daris

In the Army, I worked in supply for the MPs. We ate much better than the other soldiers. Breakfast was custom cooked and had steak every morning. We had Chinese food at least once a week too.

The platinum is called Elite on Celebrity.

300-749 earned Club Points**)
Many of the benefits of Select membership plus:

• Access to the Captain's Club Lounge for daily coffee house style breakfast
• Evening Cocktail hour (excludes embarkation and evening of Senior Officers' Party)
• Complimentary 90-minute Internet package
• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery
• Complimentary access to Persian Garden (on one port day of your choice while ship is in port)
• Complimentary dry cleaning of one garment item
• One complimentary bag of laundry (wash, dry, fold) on every sailing***
• A private shipboard departure lounge, serving continental breakfast
• Priority Tender Service in Tender Ports of Call
• Priority wait list in Main Dining Room
• Elegant tea invitation*
• Diamond Level enrollment in Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society‡
• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

Yes staying with one cruise line has its perks unlike us with all different companies
A lot of that is included with the basic cheap cabin with Seabourn as there is no class distinction on Seabourn ships. All the restaurants are free, drinks are free.
When we get to our cabin there will be one large bottle of champagne and 2 bottles of Ballies waiting for us just for drinks in the cabin, which we took some home last time
After that 21 day cruise we get a choice of Same benefits as
Seabourn r Club Member, plus your choice of ONE of the following:
10% savings on Shore Excursions**
10% savings on premium wines& spirits
Complimentary internet – 2-hour Silver Package
Complimentary telephone 20 minutes
Signature Massage Day in the Spa Serene Area
One complimentary bag of laundry

We took the discount on the shore excursions
Also I gave someone a referral coupon so we get $400 OBC which we use for unlimited internet the length of the cruise.
I wonder how the prices of your cruise compared to ours works out at the end of the day? We could basically get off the ship, get drunk every night and not pay a cent

I finally ventured in to my first DIY trying to fix the long nagging mold problem in the basement. I guess the mold had to do something with the moisture coming from the concrete walls at various locations. With few ideas from an article I read ( http://www.brothersplumbing.ca/blog/waterproofing-basement/tips-waterproofing-basement/ ) like the exterior waterproofing, indoor sealants I am still immersed in it learning and enjoying new skills....Still a long way to go.....Not easy as I expected. Hope the first impression would turn out to be best impression. Suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Latest posts

Back