What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I did 4 more bath/shower rooms.
32 feet of 7" cove, 3 outside corners, 8 inside corners and 9 whole yards per unit. Tomorrow I will do 4 more. There are only 113 left to go. Woooooo I love project work LOL

They pay just under 300 dollars a pop, so I am perfectly happy to do this for 30 something more days.

forgot to post pics of the old miter saw. Been sitting out there around 12 years. Not sure if it runs anymore but there's no power to the car port. Blade is rusted all up. Need to figure out what size & type blade to put no it (if it even runs) and how to change it out. Someone said to "turn the nut counterclockwise". If I can find the nut and the right thing to turn it. LOL.
Imma say its a 12" by looking at the pics buddy

Today I did 4 more bath/shower rooms.
32 feet of 7" cove, 3 outside corners, 8 inside corners and 9 whole yards per unit. Tomorrow I will do 4 more. There are only 113 left to go. Woooooo I love project work LOL

They pay just under 300 dollars a pop, so I am perfectly happy to do this for 30 something more days.

You’re in the K a day club. That’s a good feeling ain’t it!

No man, it hurts like hell!!!
I have been kind of off lately, kind of really off. The kind of off where Monday I drove to work and sat in my car for 4 hours, no joke and then just drove away.

Yesterday, I decided that it was time to be a floor layer again and off I went.
I have managed to do 3/4 of what took me 4 weeks to do, in 3 days. Remember that part where I said I was feeling off

If I had any idea what depression felt like, I think maybe I had that... except my life is literally perfect and I have nothing to feel down about. Oh well, lucky for me I don't know what that is :)

I will refrain from "feelings" in the future.

Sometimes you just need some time off. I don’t work weekends anymore because your body needs time to rest and recuperate. You gotta set boundaries when it comes to work. I’ll knock on your door at 8 but I’m gone by 4 cus dinner is at 5. Today I left at 3. I was just done listening to a discombobulated customer so I left.

Sometimes you just need some time off. I don’t work weekends anymore because your body needs time to rest and recuperate. You gotta set boundaries when it comes to work. I’ll knock on your door at 8 but I’m gone by 4 cus dinner is at 5. Today I left at 3. I was just done listening to a discombobulated customer so I left.
I don't think it's the body that needs time to rest and recuperate. It's the brain. And brain needs time to forget about measuring, adhesive set up time and volume of work left to do.
You sometimes need to go someplace new and do something as simple as rolling over a log or a piece of bark to see what's underneath it. I mean really, it's quite satisfying.

I think it's both the body and the brain to various extents. Your life can seem perfect on paper but mental health doesn't care. You can have everything and still be depressed. Just because life seems perfect doesn't mean you can't ever be depressed or feel down. In fact, that is one of the things that makes people even more depressed-- feeling that they have no reason to be depressed & not understanding why. It can be a combination of something physical as well as chemical with the brain. I have dealt with depression off and on my entire life so I know how debilitating it can be. It can be so difficult to motivate yourself to do anything.

I heard from my friend's gf yesterday. She and my friend are feeling very ill at 6 days in to quarantine. For some reason, my friend's idiot ex came and picked up the daughter, who is supposed to be in quarantine, to bring her home and plans to send her to school tomorrow. Earlier in the day the gf said the daughter and baby weren't sick and then a few hours later she was posting that the baby has a fever. That means the little girl will probably be sick too. If it's not Covid it could be the flu. Both are contagious & I said they need to tell the ex not to send the girl to school tomorrow. Other kids don't need to get the flu or Covid on their 1st day back at school.

I hope it's the flu and not Covid, but both suck.

Try doing a funeral home with cadavers in it.
I did 4 of them, The one the embalmer took us back into the embalming room where they did their thing and there was an old lady on the slab that was worked on. My helper at the time was scared of the dead people in caskets being shown, but by the end of the job he was an old pro at being by dead bodies.

Why do I not remember this?
I recall another dozer incident with a guy going down the street crunching up cars, but I draw a blank on this one.

He got greedy and didn't know when to stop. He could have reaped himongus rewards and rebuilt elsewhere. Sad what he did to himself and others.
I'm still wondering how he earned enough money to own the stuff he did..... then buy a huge CAT that he didn't need.

Clearly you don’t appreciate holding a grudge the same way I do. That shit takes work and a serious level of commitment. Sometimes I wish I had a tank to crush all the morons in traffic. Maybe a bazooka to blast all the rubber necker’s who are making other drivers lives miserable on the other side of the freeway. How about a bazooka and a tank? Or at the very least I would want a dildo launcher to launch rubber dongs at people that I deem stupid yet the kinder gentler me doesn’t wish to actually harm them. Just a slap upside the head with a jelly dong.

Or I could build a kill dozer but I don’t fancy shooting myself when I get it stuck.

LOL. A tank to run over people going 15 to 25 miles under speed limit would be tempting. Or bulldoze right over someone who switches lanes without a signal or someone who pulls out on to the road when it's not clear. Or people who come to a complete stop to get in to the turn lane instead of getting in to the turn lane when it is clear. I spend a lot of time swearing at people for being idiots in traffic.

Did some cleaning and cooking today. Nothing big-- corned beef has with eggs. Gravy Jones (one of the cats) had a scab on his forehead that leaked pus. I squeezed it all out, cleaned it with hydrogen peroxide, and put antibiotic cream on it. He was not a happy camper & he's hiding from me now, but he needed to have it done. Too bad he doesn't have Rupert's temperament. I had to force-feed him when he was little (and was very ill), I've had to clean wounds, I've had to clean gunk out of eyes, and I had to brush his teeth (before they all fell out). He gets upset at the time, but within seconds if I call him to come snuggle he comes right over like nothing happened. Fippy is sitting here with me bored out of his mind. Not sure why he's in here instead of with Mom. He's been spending more time with me lately.

I had some inspiration to work in Sketchup and ended up staying up all night working on the bathroom & laundry room layout. The old layout was full of mistakes from before I learned more of the features and how to do things. I was adding new elements but was having trouble because the original sketch was a mess. So I decided to redraw it (in the same file). I used measurements from the older part as well as from notes. Made improvements, had to draw new stuff from scratch. Added much more detail-- including the height of the vinyl plank flooring, drew a reducer into place under the door. I will probably go with a regular wood transition for the kitchen to laundry room (if it's cheap enough). A single vinyl reducer molding costs more than an entire box of the flooring. I'm debating getting a cheaper one that looks more like the vinyl sheet. Kind of wish I could just find one that has a metallic look so it can look like chrome or something without feeling like metal. But that's probably more expensive. Anyway, got the new sketch drawn up, deleted the old one, and am waiting to be able to get some more measurements for other details. I did add most of the electrical outlets and the light switches. Still need to pull the vanity, mirror, and toilet paper holder from other files. I found a sink that is similar in shape to the one I wanted to make but couldn't seem to get right. I'm going to see if I can resize it to fit on top of the vanity cabinet and maybe add some more details. I also added some plumbing-- the standpipe and vents.

27, that's about as bad
as it gets. Under 50 you're supposed to be just about bulletproof.
So sorry to hear about that Rusty. I'd say more but I don't have nothin'😞

Last edited:
Was that for the meteor shower?
I was curious what my game camera would do pointed straight up at night. That's when moths and bats come out. I managed to get a bunch of bats recorded the other night. They are just a bunch of fast moving white spots zigzagging around and streaking through the frame like Superman. ....I ,mean Rocky the flying squirrel.
I set it up last night but my lithium batteries died. I discovered that when they hit the 90% charge mark the power is ready to drop straight off and they're no good anymore. I think they hold a very good charge right up until the last minute and then all the sudden they drop straight off a cliff. The old carbon batteries would gradually lose power. Not these.
Anyway the only pictures I got were of me moving the camera around to set it on top of my van.
I refilled it with some alkaline batteries and put it back out. I only got one video, but I did get a meteor streak through the frame. Nothing fancy, but kinda neat anyway. Meteors move too fast to set off the trigger in the camera so the camera has to be activated by something else during the time the meteor streaks over.
Pointing straight up, the lens fogs up because of our coastal humidity at night.
Thinking of setting up a tiny computer fan to blow across the camera to stop the lens fog.
.......maybe.
The trip was for observing. Just a coincidence that the Perseid Meteor shower happens that week. And the 12th is my birthday too. Anyway, the storms in northern Pennsylvania and the smoke from the west coast made it less than ideal so we canceled.
Instead, I decided to paint my bedroom, which I wanted to do for past 3 years.
Came out pretty good. Done in 2 days. No trim to paint though.

Attachments

• 1F0D25E1-9FEE-4FF4-A95D-BC7E2D858C79.jpeg
    1F0D25E1-9FEE-4FF4-A95D-BC7E2D858C79.jpeg
    80.3 KB · Views: 16
  • FD120490-BEEB-4779-8FF4-DB8FA094FA1D.jpeg
    FD120490-BEEB-4779-8FF4-DB8FA094FA1D.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 16
  • 0E21DD18-06D6-4FC9-ADC4-FC115DEAA182.jpeg
    0E21DD18-06D6-4FC9-ADC4-FC115DEAA182.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 16

Latest posts

Back