What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Havasu, I don't know what I'd do if I became allergic to cats and dogs. I wouldn't want to live without my fur babies. I guess I'd just have to find stronger allergy meds. I think a big part of the problem is there's too much dust & lint in the house. I need to clean up.

Tom, since I live in the south I can confirm the insane drivers. There are some places I hate going bc the drivers are such jerks. As you said, no turn signals, the hog the passing lane (while going under speed limit), and if you do use a turn signal, they will speed up to block you from getting over (which is probably part of why so many people no longer use turn signals). I'll have people suddenly merge in front of me with no warning and I'll say "Ya out of blinker fluid, asshole?" OR they will slow down majorly or even come to a complete stop to get in to the turn lane without any signal to warn you.

Highup, that app would come in handy for me. Even just a magnifier would help.

Rusty, St Louis is where my father's records were. As I said, his weren't in the years that were supposed to have been affected, but when he did a records request they said his were destroyed in the fire. I wonder if they were just too lazy to look. But, I've put in the request via a website.

Felt pretty crappy today but feeling a bit better now. Made some soup I'm going to try in a few minutes.

Ooh, found my sketch:
View attachment 13729
I have the capacity and tolerance to forgive you for making fun of the resistance.
Vive la re'sistance! 👍🎊🎉

Last edited:
LOL! I'm always here for the puns.
Rusty, I'm glad there were backup files. They told my father there weren't any. I still remember when we were overseas & they requested some file and he had to explain to them that it was destroyed in the fire in St Louis. I wonder how many files that are not in the year ranges they listed were actually lost as well. From my experience it's rarely ever so cut & dry and people lie or are wrong about things like that. I remember when the car companies claimed only certain models and years were affected by some defect that caused a problem with the starter and spontaneous combustion. A woman spent a few years in prison for allegedly burning her elderly mother to death in a car because the car companies refused to admit that her car's model & year was affected by the defect. Her lawyer kept fighting & finally found internal documents from the company admitting to the defect in other models but they didn't want to admit it publicly since they didn't want to do recalls & pay even more lawsuits. Of course, I can't really think of why the record keepers would lie about files not being destroyed. I still wonder if the record keepers just lost my father's stuff somehow. I remember the Navy hospital lost my medical records when we were in Guam. They lost the physical copies and then screwed up the data entry. Had my mother listed as his daughter and showed him as being married to himself.

Mom's dog woke me up because he was fussing at me. He wanted to go see Mom (she's asleep) and was licking my face and making moaning/growling noises.

I went to the store to get groceries, fed the cats, cooked for Mom (she finished off the chicken soup), and then my brother walked in to tearfully tell us that Betty White did. I'm bummed about that. I was hoping she'd make it to 100. She was a remarkable woman. Betty White Put Acting on Hold During World War II to Join the Military

Last of the Golden Girls. At least she will no longer be missing her late husband.

Got a headache again so I will probably take another nap after I take my medicine. I'm hoping 2022 won't suck as much as the last 2 years.

Betty White was awesome in the movie ‘ The Proposal ‘ and the Golden Girls is one of my daughters favorite shows. RIP Betty ....Hey Z, your mom is lucky to have you ! And I hope 2022 gives you more head ach free days than the past 2 ✌️ Happy New Year !

We’ll have pork and sauerkraut at my brothers house today. It’s a tradition I am not really into. But it’s a family dinner. Making applesauce and roasted sweet and white potatoes with garlic.

Drank too much coffee this week. Got a French press and a coffee grinder and was drinking 6 cups per day of decaf. Not good for intestines but coffee was awesome.

I made some awesome chili and cheese bread last night for 6 of us. Lots of BS'ing, some music, some good laughs, and everyone went home by 10PM. We stayed up watching TV until 2 AM. Now we are headed to the range to start off the year by blasting our guns for a few hours.

I had my nap, got up, got mom something to eat, then played on my computer a short time, then back to sleep.
"The Proposal" was a great movie. Apparently last year for Betty White's birthday, Ryan Reynolds and Sandra Bullock had a video competition to try to prove which one of them loved Betty more. Just a day before she died, Betty was joking that Ryan needed to get over her and move along as she was in love with Robert Redford instead. People were commenting that her comedic timing was great-- had People magazine put her on the cover and do a story about her upcoming 100th birthday just for her to bow out before the birthday. It's a shame. Although, technically she did reach 100 years if you go by 365 days per year and the fact that she lived through over 20 leap years. Adds over 20 days to her age.

Rusty, that sounds miserable. It's about 78° and cloudy over here. Still have the headache but I need to get up and clean litterboxes.

I discovered that my laptop has been downloading and doing updates sneakily without my permission. It was even doing it when I told it to hibernate. I would put it in hibernate mode and then see the lights come back on. I kept having to put it back to hibernate because it gets too warm. Finally went in to change some settings and discovered that updates were waking it up. I told it not to do updates until the last day of the usage for the billing period. I also made it so using a mouse or usb device won't wake it back up. The cats kept bumping thing dongle for the mouse and waking the laptop up.

It's been staying in hibernate since the changes.

Freezing rain to start off the new year.
We got down to 29 but no rain. Just enough to freeze up an outside faucet for a few hours. People here must have relatives back east. Last night at 10:00, 11:00 and midnight here, there were gunshots in the distance. Guessing they missed being home to celebrate. 😁

I spoke too soon. 😁

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220101-154612.png
    Screenshot_20220101-154612.png
    437 KB · Views: 17
Yep wind chill and will get worse tonight..

Stopped at Walmart
Our autistic son likes Ozarka bottled water. It is $18.44 a case at Walmart and $5.24 at Sam's club. Makes no sense.

My mother likes Ozarka. We get the 1 litre bottles in 15packs. Will need to go get more soon.
Sky looks gray from what I can see through my fogged up windows. It was 49° earlier. I think it's warming up a little. I ended up not getting anything done yesterday. Felt too crappy. I think it's the weather.

I watched a program about the Mayans the other night and then this morning I watched one about the Aztecs. The aquaduct systems they made are pretty cool.

Aztecs had a city called Tenochtitlan that was made out of manmade islands called Chinampas on a saltwater lake. They put down reed mats, staked them down with sharpened branches/wood, piled leaves, grass, shrubs, and mud on top until they sunk and formed islands. The islands were fertile enough to grow crops. They also made some large enough to hold livestock. Since they didn't have fresh water from the lake they had to make aquaducts out of stone and clay to carry fresh water from the hills. They had hollowed wood as pipes over the water parts bridging the clay ducts.

I love watching history programs about ancient technology and cultures like that.

I played the "grab cats and put them out of the room while another cat runs in" game for about 20 minutes this morning. First I mistook our fat black cat Boo for the dog, Fippy (they are about the same size) so he got in, but I didn't notice. I went to go in to the bathroom and Bethesda zerged in. When I was putting her out, Sir Hammington zerged in. I put him out and Bethesda ran back in. I put her out and Itsy ran in and got on top of the tall armoire. I got Boo to come over to me and put him out but Sir Hammington ran back in. So I put him out and hit my own foot with the door while blocking more cats from getting out. I then sat in the bathroom and sang Celtic songs until Itsy got down off the furniture so I could reach her and take her out of the room. I was worried it was disturbing my mother, but I heard her snoring partway through, so she fell asleep to my singing. Now I feel exhausted again. LOL.
I have such low energy.
I did get up and cook some pork chops in the air fryer, washed some dishes, and cleaned the pressure cookers out. We have a bunch of boneless skinless chicken thighs to cook up in a soup. My brother makes the broth and I toss the chicken in.

Latest posts

Back