What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy day today. Installing 1/4 round in a 3 bedroom house and I’ve got the place to myself. Hasn’t rained in awhile so I suppose we’re due but it ain’t no biggie, I’m able to poke the vans ass end in the garage and all is well. I got the rest of the week off for Gobblers Eve, how bout you?

IMG_3859.jpeg

Slow as can be for me. I'm measuring my third job in two weeks. Today it's just one room for lvp and remeasure another where people had some hardwood installed, messing up my layout 😱

Are the expansion joints in that garage normal size around your area?
Looks like a dog could be lost if it fell into one of them.

They do look a bit bigger than what I’m used to seeing but it must not be an issue. This builder puts out a fair number of houses a year and I don’t hear about many problems as well as we almost never go back for stupid punch list items that the big ol fancy lake houses have. Rich people can nit pick till the cows come home. I get it, if I paid a million bucks for a house I would nit pick that shit too.

Don’t know if it’s a generational thing or if it’s just a my family thing but damn if my family can’t nit pick some shit apart. When I was routing the edges on this big ol lazy Susan that I gave to my aunt for Christmas, I had some tear out. Nothing ridiculous but it was there none the less. I threw some putty in there and called it good cus I know my aunt will find it and pick at the spot with her finger nail cus it will bug her, which is exactly why I left it there on purpose. 😏

IMG_2538.jpeg

Would your aunt consider this railing OK?
It's just been installed to provide two railings on a stairway instead of one. The fella of the house has come down with some health issues.... a balance issue that has a tendency for a person to fall down the stairs.... backwards. 🤔
Most of us would trip forwards going up some stairs. There's a scientifical, neurological name for this but I don't remember what she said it was. Anyway, I went out of town this afternoon to measure the stairs for carpet.
I loved the craftsmanship of the railing so much, I asked her if I could take a photo.

Attachments

• IMG_20231121_172954461.jpg
    IMG_20231121_172954461.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Definitely not rich. I traded in 2 vehicles & the wife made me sell one of my Harley’s!! 😢

The van is the tits! Wish I would’ve got one years ago. So much room in there.

Where I live you need a truck or suv for the winter unless you like getting stuck. I actually wanted to get a Tahoe until I seen the price tag on them!

Both vehicles were out of necessity. Vehicles rot out quickly here in northern NY. The salt/calcium chloride they use is brutal on steel.

Love the lazy susan and the railing!
Hooray for new vehicles!

I'm still sick. Tested negative for Covid on the home test this time around but still having symptoms. Could be a cold, could be the weather. Could be my body still needing to recover from the Covid. Stuffy/runny nose, fatigue, and sneezing. The sneezing is the worst. Bladder leaks every damn time. So I sneeze & swear. Even the dog started sneezing.

Need to change hvac filters. Still need to take trash out but been feeling too cruddy. Did empty the bathroom trash & put a new liner in, but need to haul it out. I think it rained most of the day.

Cooked shepherd's pie for dinner- per mom's request. About to take a nap.

Still can't lie down to sleep-- have to keep my head up and am feeling like I'm not getting enough air right now.

I’ve worked up North but took the winters off for that exact reason. Couldn’t imagine being a mechanic and having to deal with that for a living.
I stopped working on my vehicles for that reason. Every time you touch something the rust falls in your eyes. Efff that nonsense!!

Definitely not rich. I traded in 2 vehicles & the wife made me sell one of my Harley’s!! 😢

The van is the tits! Wish I would’ve got one years ago. So much room in there.

Where I live you need a truck or suv for the winter unless you like getting stuck. I actually wanted to get a Tahoe until I seen the price tag on them!

Both vehicles were out of necessity. Vehicles rot out quickly here in northern NY. The salt/calcium chloride they use is brutal on steel.
I watch a lot of "Just Rolled In" on YouTube....... I can't believe a pristine looking late model car or truck could have framed rotted 20 times worse than a 1960s vehicle that's spent it's entire live here on the Oregon coast.

I watch a lot of "Just Rolled In" on YouTube....... I can't believe a pristine looking late model car or truck could have framed rotted 20 times worse than a 1960s vehicle that's spent it's entire live here on the Oregon coast.

When I was growing up all the coastal vehicles had some rust from the salt air. Nothing like NY or Midwest rust and definitely no frame rot.

The rust is part of living on the coast for sure. It is more evident around windshields and fenders but it doesn't rot the frames like that wet salt spray that coats the underside of cars. If I built a house over there, I'd embed a sprinkler system in my driveway so the underside of the car would get rinsed off every time I came home.

Latest posts

Back