Can you ID this laminate pad?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ikitchens

New to the forum but we are a kitchen and bath remodeling company. We just hired a new flooring guy and he really likes a particular pad for going under laminate floors. The problem is that it was supplied by the company he worked for so he has no idea who the makes it. He didn't leave on the best of terms so I don't have a easy way to find this information out.

Could someone ID this pad for me? I have taken photos front and back. It has a foil on one-side and non-woven material on the other side.

Thanks in advance.

Photo Dec 07, 8 57 06 AM.jpg

Photo Dec 07, 8 57 01 AM.jpg

every laminate pad ive ever used have 2 things in common----both are missing here----where are the glue tabs to connect the pieces together---where is the writing(this side up ect)---im not sure this is laminate pad ---looks more like an insulation wrap for a water heater

I think there was glue tab on the edges but this is a section from the middle. If it is an insulator for a water heater, it would be pretty poor since the non-woven is only about an 1/8" thick!

I believe it's a product that used to be called Titanium now called DeciBlok manufactured by Sponge Cushion. The same people that make the treadmore line. I still use 6 mil under it.

http://www.greenbuildingsupply.com/Sponge-Cushion-Inc-DeciBLOK-with-Moisture-Barrier

I believe FloorMaven is correct. Big D's used to sell it. Works good but the top weave fuzzes up if you crawl on it to much. Never used 6 mil under it and it performed well, no call backs.
One other thing I did not like about it is that you need the special foil backed tape to go with it for the seams.

Ernesto said:
One other thing I did not like about it is that you need the special foil backed tape to go with it for the seams.

Ten years ago it was tough to get that tape. Now it's readily available but its pricey. One thing i found problematic is they do want you to tape the foil side which of course is on the bottom. I decided i would use 6 mil under it and tape with packing tape with the foil facing up. Wilsonart used the same product with a different liner.

I think you are right! That is exactly what it looks like. I will have to call them and see what they would charge for shipping. Thanks for your help!

Latest posts

Back