Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nobody remembers three mile island, or am I just that old? Then again, that one was just human error. Safeguards have been implemented since. As far as the nuke plant in my backyard being small? I'd just as soon scare the neighbors off. Most of em anyways.:cool:

Nobody died in the three mile island incident if I am not mistaken?
It was rather mild in relation to the sever incidents such as chernobyl. It still wasn't good that is for sure.... but still not all that bad, if there is a not that bad when it comes to the word meltdown

One of the technicians overrode a computer. No radiation escaped. I recall President Carter went there and did a walk through and a space suit to prove everybody that there was no cause for alarm. I think not long after that, the movie China syndrome was made and from that point on everybody freaked out about nuclear power.
good news is it even though there are less reactors now than 20 years ago were producing more power from them.
https://www.eia.gov/energyexplained...=At the end of December,is about 38 years old.

Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, promoted a piece of legislation he had previously introduced with Grassley that would criminalize the purchasing of firearms by someone who is attaining them for a prohibited buyer. Cruz also criticized the Democratic efforts.

“Every time there’s a shooting, we play this ridiculous theater where this committee gets together and proposes a bunch of laws that would do nothing to stop these murders,” Cruz said. “What happens in this committee after every mass shooting is Democrats propose taking away guns from law-abiding citizens, because that’s their political objective.”

I'm trying to figure out what is so terrible about a regulated border. Every country has a border. You enforce the border to keep your country what it is. Every country needs new immigrants as the economy expands and new workers are in demand. It doesn't matter if the immigrant is needed by NASA, home construction or food production.
To simply allow anyone that wants to come into this country to come in because conditions in their countries are crappy is wrong in so many ways.
I'm better notice 20 or 30 million people or 50 or 100 million people that live in squalor, or poor or destitute. There are problems with people living under dictators. Hey, let's help people from North Korea to defect or move to the US....... I mean empty the whole country. Have them all move here because of the crazy dictator that they have. That's only 25 million people. There's only 200 countries of the world and this is just one of them.
Some people have explained we aren't the world's policeman.
Let's change our name to the World's Refuge camp. 👍

Yes, Sean is biased, and further to the right than I am, but at least you know his bias. he brags about it.b you absolutely know what he stands, 100%.
The mainstream media pretends to be in the middle and they're so far to the left I don't think you can catch a baseball if they hit it.. it will be out of bounds and yet somehow it

would still count as fair play. 😔

defend.jpg

Wasn't there an executive order signed a couple weeks ago that legalized treason? On the bright side Donald Trump and Mike lindell are about ready to open their own websites. No more cancel culture there.

The LA times called them bigoted highways in their city. I'm guessing that when new highways are needed, the designers create the most economical and direct routes to get from A to B. If that route goes through an area that is not white, then it's because of racism.
I'm guessing that some people think when you add a highway or increase capacity, you should create the new route to go 5 miles out of the way to be sure it only disrupt or destroy white neighborhoods.
If you take the most useful, efficient, and logical route, one can only deduct from that that it's because of racism.
🤧

So, not that i think the highways are racist... because that would be impossible, much the same as in Canada when these larger infrastructure projects were pushed through they were planned to run predominantly through areas that were much more, how shall me say, racially populated and depressed rather than as you noted the most efficient routing in terms of A to B or through affluent areas of a much more bleached capacity.
Its a little crazy to move infrastructure because if was done in an inappropriate appropriation process many decades after the fact as if you can up and erase the effects it had on marginalized people of the time, but I suppose its the flavor of the day. Now if you proposed to move said infrastructure to a more direct routing or something that made some logical sense, I suppose the idea would be sound. Much of the infrastructure designed from the period from the 30-70's when governments still undertook such projects is in much need of repair/replacement/redesign so I suppose if one can tack on some racially Woke (whatever that means) propaganda why not :p

What happened to alleviating traffic congestion to reduce emissions? Or are we not talking about that tax narrative at the moment? Since we aren't really gonna die due to climate change we can move the highways away from these neighborhoods? Then what do we do when the same people cry about not having access to the interstate?

Just part of a college paper I wrote. Politicians profit from "climate change"

Just some facts,
The last major Ice Age was 2.6 million years ago. The Earth warmed until 1300 A.D. It then cooled until 1750, about 0.1 degree. Since 1750 it has warmed about 0.1 degree.

Just part of a college paper I wrote. Politicians profit from "climate change"

Just some facts,
The last major Ice Age was 2.6 million years ago. The Earth warmed until 1300 A.D. It then cooled until 1750, about 0.1 degree. Since 1750 it has warmed about 0.1 degree.
I'm trying to figure out how CO2 levels got a lot higher than they are now before humans even existed.
Must have been those cold-blooded dinosaurs and their campfires.
That might be .1 degree Celsius. 😉

Latest posts

Back