Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're just hanging out at the bar bsing when there isn't enough excitement going on work wise.
I'd rather pass my time with people that I feel that I know than go on Facebook or Twitter and the yap with the unknown hordes. When we throw out opposing information, every once in awhile something new is learned. We can't learn anything if we can't hear it.
So we obviously can't learn much from Facebook because they don't believe in the second amendment. If somebody threatens violence or uses Facebook in sound nefarious way..... Then ban them. If they say something you don't like or something that's untrue, then that subject can be debated. Opposing views can be heard. Something can be learned.
When you ban people by using the magic word disinformation then no conversation can occur.
List things that all forms of media started using the word disinformation and banned Trump. It was an orchestrated effort, not individual platforms deciding on their own to stop Trump from speaking.
I've been on this site for a long long time. I don't recall instances here where people get angry, threaten violence and yell and scream at each other. We don't need censoring if everybody can be sensible about their disagreements.
I totally understand why some people hate Trump so much. He's an arrogant jerk. If he was as cool and smooth as Ronald Reagan, yet had the same policies, this election would have been a slam dunk. People hate him for his personality. I don't like his personality either. I just think too many people use that as their base to hate Trump.
I like the things he's done not the man himself.
How many countries have no border enforcement? If as much of that wall could be completed as necessary, we could open up two three or five more immigration facilities and change immigration policies.... Like shorten the amount of time required to become a citizen. The issue isn't immigration, the issue is uncontrolled illegal immigration.

Great way to sum things up. Mike and Mark think I’m a little off sometimes but they don’t realize I’ve been at the bar a few more hours than they have. Dealing with stupid people makes my eye twitch so I gotta drink that problem away because I gotta deal with them again tomorrow. They’re like gremlins, get em wet and they multiply.

Great way to sum things up. Mike and Mark think I’m a little off sometimes but they don’t realize I’ve been at the bar a few more hours than they have. Dealing with stupid people makes my eye twitch so I gotta drink that problem away because I gotta deal with them again tomorrow. They’re like gremlins, get em wet and they multiply.
I can only multiply times 6, that's my limit. 😁
I'm fortunate not have to deal with a lot of the stupid people. Sometimes trades don't understand each other and don't know what to do to help the next guy down the line.
Where I started a topic on the thin carpet against the three-quarter inch hardwood. Three of the doorways are end cuts and the cuts weren't perfectly even. Had this been normal carpet instead of a super thin carpet there would have been no issues.
I found a small scrap of plywood and use my oscillating saw to straighten the and cuts out. Not easy in hickory.
To add to that, I'm tucking against the hardwood. The hardwood guy started his doorway cuts with the groove, so when you try and tuck a bunch of material between the tack strip and the hardwood, it dives into the groove instead of going down where you want it. I got lucky and had some JB quick and two of those fat barbecue skewers in the truck. They filled those grooves in in no time.
Also, I asked a question about beveling the edge of the hardwood. I ended up using the triangular sanding disc for the oscillating tool. That work much better than trying to set up my router.

Last edited:
I can only multiply times 6, that's my limit. 😁
I'm fortunate not have to deal with a lot of the stupid people. Sometimes trades don't understand each other and don't know what to do to help the next guy down the line.
Where I started a topic on the thin carpet against the three-quarter inch hardwood. Three of the doorways are end cuts and the cuts weren't perfectly even. Had this been normal carpet instead of a super thin carpet there would have been no issues.
I found a small scrap of plywood and use my oscillating saw to straighten the and cuts out. Not easy in hickory.
To add to that, I'm tucking against the hardwood. The hardwood guy started his doorway cuts with the groove, so when you try and tuck a bunch of material between the tack strip and the hardwood, it dives into the groove instead of going down where you want it. I got lucky and had some JB quick and two of those fat barbecue skewers in the truck. They filled those grooves in in no time.
Also, I asked a question about beveling the edge of the hardwood. I ended up using the triangular sanding disc for the oscillating tool. That work much better than trying to set up my router.

Pretty much. I’ve got a meeting with a new shop today. The wife asked if I wanted to drive the car. Nope, my van is my resume. You guys know exactly what I’m talking about. The ol man asked why I was going to meet dude if I’m not working yet. Because I want to get a read on who I’m working with and for. If I don’t like you I’d rather just pass before we get into bed with each other. This is a two way street as well. It’s amazing what one can glean from a face to face meeting with a hand shake. I’m early for my 9:00 but so far so good. It’s a small shop and the receptionist is an older gal singing along to some country song. Even business has politics.

I don’t even like to shop where country music is played, the wife likes country and other kinds, weird she is.

it makes me sleepy, depressed and want to kill myself. So how the hell can I listen to it with results like that.

gotta do my quarterly taxes with the bookkeeper, not prepared at all, worked a bit today, watched some National Flooring Equipment live demonstrations, dumped tile, then coffee, and the appt.

Car browsing last weekend my wife says she likes Volvo, I say I like Volvo too, but advice someone has said was to say “Yes Deere” I can’t go wrong.

Attachments

• 67DA9784-EBB2-497D-AFC8-E7D9CEAD0779.png
    67DA9784-EBB2-497D-AFC8-E7D9CEAD0779.png
    258.6 KB · Views: 15
The Chinese people must be saying, I wish we had somebody like this in charge.

How come CNN doesn't play this kind of footage? Nor MSNBC or CBS or ABC or ABCDEFG.
Nope, the man is brilliant, he's the best we've ever had.

I don’t even like to shop where country music is played, the wife likes country and other kinds, weird she is.

it makes me sleepy, depressed and want to kill myself. So how the hell can I listen to it with results like that.

gotta do my quarterly taxes with the bookkeeper, not prepared at all, worked a bit today, watched some National Flooring Equipment live demonstrations, dumped tile, then coffee, and the appt.

Car browsing last weekend my wife says she likes Volvo, I say I like Volvo too, but advice someone has said was to say “Yes Deere” I can’t go wrong.
I'm not country either but you ought to listen to some Boxcar Willie. Not Willie nelson, Boxcar.
If you heard him making train sounds and whistles I would swear if you close your eyes you wouldn't know reality. He wasn't a country western singer he was a performer.
That said I'd still rather listen to creedence clearwater, Bachman turner, ELO, grateful dead, Little River band, Elvis The Beatles yeah and even the Carpenters.
Just keep Lawrence Welk crap way the hell away from me. 😉

Moldy oldies. You fart dust too. I’m going to enjoy listening to some country tomorrow on behalf of all you haters. New country at that. They have a country station in Phoenix but we’re in the Southwest so the DJ’s don’t have that twang in their voice. Best of both worlds.

Is this the thread about the word “ misinformation”?

How bout you inject yourself with bleach as P Trump suggested. Then type in the results and a new word you’d like to use. FY “I” Dead people can’t post anymore!

You just did your taxes, you should prolly drink that Coors light. Then follow that one up with a few more cus I’m sure your eye is twitchin. It’s gotta be. I cringe every time I have to deal with taxes but it’s better than dealing with an ex because at least the IRS shuts up once you write them a check.

My corporate taxes are due and I am procrastinating which is off for me, but fits into my new "meh" attitude. They can wait.
I figure for all the free money the feds doled out this year I should be entitled to a pass this year.... I doubt they will see it that way however.

Moldy oldies. You fart dust too. I’m going to enjoy listening to some country tomorrow on behalf of all you haters. New country at that. They have a country station in Phoenix but we’re in the Southwest so the DJ’s don’t have that twang in their voice. Best of both worlds.
I can handle the kind of country when it's undiscernible from rock and roll. It would be like rock and roll was ice cream and sprinkles were country.
If you add the sprinkles it still tastes almost the same.
So yeah, I like ice cream and a little sprinkles never hurt anybody.
I'm just not a big fan of a bowl of sprinkles without the ice cream.
Top that. 😁
Alabama, I can handle. Just don't give me none of that 'oom papa mow mow' crap.
.....or being a 'country boy'
A friend and I went down to the Dairy Queen to get some banana splits. They had a jukebox in there. As they were bagging up the banana splits, I stuck 4 quarters in the jukebox and clicked it to play, Thank God I'm a Country Boy..... 4 times in a row.
I don't know if the people we left behind enjoyed that or not. 😁

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back