Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If rolls were reversed and this was trumps son talking, it would be on every media source on the planet 15 minutes after it was announced

The Answer can be described by Denzel Washington in the movie Equalizer. “ when you pray for rain, you have to deal with the mud “ ….. Some politicians choose to behave eloquently and others choose brashness……and the media, who play dirty, become activated by Brashness.

We the people have no control over the Media information that inundates our lives but what we can do is keep our language as neutral as possible, and as calm as possible, otherwise ‘ the dirtiness ‘ gets on us and for what purpose? ….. To feed the media monsters with more stories. Stories will always be slanted, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.

Even though the stories are of HIGH importance, understanding the source’s motivation around them, could put everything into perspective.

The Answer can be described by Denzel Washington in the movie Equalizer. “ when you pray for rain, you have to deal with the mud “ ….. Some politicians choose to behave eloquently and others choose brashness……and the media, who play dirty, become activated by Brashness.

We the people have no control over the Media information that inundates our lives but what we can do is keep our language as neutral as possible, and as calm as possible, otherwise ‘ the dirtiness ‘ gets on us and for what purpose? ….. To feed the media monsters with more stories. Stories will always be slanted, embellished, and exaggerated for entertainment purposes.

Even though the stories are of HIGH importance, understanding the source’s motivation around them, could put everything into perspective.
The motive is to keep the Biden stories hidden.
They're pretty consistent on their bias.
https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/ge...-491-minutes-trump-indictment-0-seconds-biden

After the last few days of Tapatalk information handed out......
....at what point will the media be finally forced to cover this story?
Water is spilling over the top of the dam and rain is forecast for the next month.
Say hello to President Kamala Harris. 😳

After the last few days of Tapatalk information handed out......
....at what point will the media be finally forced to cover this story?
Water is spilling over the top of the dam and rain is forecast for the next month.
Say hello to President Kamala Harris. 😳
Did you know that "Tapatalk" is owned by the Chinese government?

It's not discrimination, since is seems only minorities (actually majorities now) can be discriminated against. It is pitting two people against each other. If a black and white kid are equally smart, the old standard was the black would get the position because of his color. How is that fair? The Supreme Court finally caught this error and corrected it.

Years ago, my son applied for the fire department. He was competing against a black athlete. They both got 100% on the physical fitness test. My son got a 100% on the written test, and the black guy got an 80%. When testing was done, the black got the job because minorities got 25% more "just because" the courts were trying to level the playing field. In essence, the dumber guy got the job. It is about time we forget adding color as part of the testing process.

Years ago, my son applied for the fire department. He was competing against a black athlete. They both got 100% on the physical fitness test. My son got a 100% on the written test, and the black guy got an 80%. When testing was done, the black got the job because minorities got 25% more "just because" the courts were trying to level the playing field. In essence, the dumber guy got the job. It is about time we forget adding color as part of the testing process.
Years ago I applied for an SBA loan to start a business. The guy who turned me down, told me off the record that I was the wrong color.

So, eleven black people from California spent a year compiling a comprehensive 1100 page book explaining why reparations were necessary for the injustice from their descendants being slaves. They are asking for $1 million each. Well, fine and dandy. Since my relatives were Irish slaves, I'd like to be part of the decision making process to determine how much money I will get. Anyone know when our first meeting is?

So, eleven black people from California spent a year compiling a comprehensive 1100 page book explaining why reparations were necessary for the injustice from their descendants being slaves. They are asking for $1 million each. Well, fine and dandy. Since my relatives were Irish slaves, I'd like to be part of the decision making process to determine how much money I will get. Anyone know when our first meeting is?

Unfortunately the primary incident of one person or group abusing another , becomes entangled with the secondary incident, about naming the heritage of the persons or group. 🥲 🥲 ….. untangle the mess and see it with new eyes.

Ironically progressive California turned down affirmative action a long time ago and now SCOTUS caught up with them.
Two wrongs don’t make a right ! But I understand why they tried and imho, due to the circumstances, was necessary.

Same here, my ancestors were Irish saves.

It's not discrimination, since is seems only minorities (actually majorities now) can be discriminated against. It is pitting two people against each other. If a black and white kid are equally smart, the old standard was the black would get the position because of his color. How is that fair? The Supreme Court finally caught this error and corrected it.
They made it 100% clear in 1978 when I tried to join the Carpenter's Local 24 that they could not by law admit any apprentices that were not women or minority. That's because I was trying to get in legitimately. When my boss "made a phone call" suddenly all I had to do was go down to the Hall and pay $50 and I'm in.

Boy that example really cuts both ways, doesn't it? The mob control of unions in this example worked like the "Good Ol' Boy" networks elsewhere in job opportunity. Sure, anyone can fill out applications but insiders control who actually got opportunity. Affirmitive Action policies tried to counteract centuries of that system.

The good news is I think both my sons got a little help from Affirmitive Action getting into UCLA and UCSB. Oh theire GPAs and SATs were real good but without being 1/16 minority I wonder.

Last edited:
It is pitting two people against each other. If a black and white kid are equally smart, the old standard was the black would get the position because of his color. How is that fair?
It’s not, two wrongs don’t make a right. However what are the circumstances? And when we look at the history, some consideration would be in order.

They made it 100% clear in 1978 when I tried to join the Carpenter's Local 24 that they could not by law admit any apprentices that were not women or minority. That's because I was trying to get in legitimately. When my boss "made a phone call" suddenly all I had to do was go down to the Hall and pay $50 and I'm in.

Boy that example really cuts both ways, doesn't it? The mob control of unions in this example worked like the "Good Ol' Boy" networks elsewhere in job opportunity. Sure, anyone can fill out applications but insiders control who actually got opportunity. Affirmitive Action policies tried to counteract centuries of that system.

The good news is I think both my sons got a little help from Affirmitive Action getting into UCLA and UCSB. Oh theire GPAs and SATs were real good but without being 1/16 minority I wonder.
In 1978 I went to work for Allis Chalmers and only did flooring on weekends. Not long after, the government told them that they needed to hire more minorities. So they hired a bunch of black women, to cover two minorities. The problem was that most women did not have the muscle it took to do the jobs. So they would have to hire two women to do a job that one man had been doing. And only men would get the nasty jobs. It cost them a lot of money. They were also forced to ignore union seniority and put some of the new hires on days in front of employees who had been there for year.

Latest posts

Back