Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn’t opened the link about closing Oregon trails, but I’m assuming it’s because someone was unwilling to accept the responsibility of their actions ?
And if the supply his high, then the demand for lawyers will increase. Teach personal responsibility and minimize some ambulance chasers.

We have a local trail that will often close due to flooding, and I’ve crossed 🤞 the yellow barrier before and proceeded with caution. It’s usually because of down trees, washed out bridges and exposed nails or screws. Not that high on the risk factor, but along the Oregon coast, I would think maybe a landslide and death could occur…… Maybe trails under distress could inform the would be hikers with universal flag symbols, like they do with ocean swimming. Enter at your own risk, with a phone number for the local Insurance Company and the premium cost to enter 😂
I would think that "enter at your own risk" would be sufficient
...or "slippery when wet"
..."not maintained for winter trekking"
..."one person has slipped and fallen, so don't be a number two head and ruin it for everyone else"

Could there be bigger paychecks out there for him? Or just show business--------orchestrated by Gutfeld and Fox to give us the illusion he's some kind of renegade.

I never liked the guy, too smarmy for my tastes. I understand he get viewers to his programs. We cut the cable a few months ago so I'm really out of the loop on "legacy" media shenanigans.

He's definitely a like him or hate him kinda guy.
I've grown to enjoy his corny remarks, but better yet is the reactions from his partners in crime. His co hosts and guests are actually pretty smart and up to date on the latest whatever's.
Since Tucker got canned, nobody at Fox was allowed to mention his name. He pulled a virtual Elon on Fox.... pretty funny.

driving ev.PNG

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative reads this, he'll post it. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

When I blame you and you blame me, there’s delayed or no communication towards improvement. But if I blame you and you address the reason behind the blame, then the rebuttal will shine the spotlight on what really matters, the issue, rather than the person or people. This interaction is called ‘ virtuous responsibility ‘ ( I may have just coined that 😛 )

✌️

If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative reads this, he'll post it. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

Just because what’s being said , has validity, doesn’t mean it needs to be shared. Humans inherently find like minded groups to Feel safe, comfortable, or add any other adjectives you may want 😝
There will always be numerous divides
Amongst us. That’s why scholars say , find the ‘ common goals ‘ and go from there. However it appears ‘Uncommon goals’ are more common 😜 to speak about. It’s understandable , because it inherently feel right, and is being shared under good intentions.

That’s where baby Jesus comes in , to add insight, hope and yes confusion to this life and death experiment 🔬 😉 …..Read Luke 6:31 or Matthew 7:12 ( The Golden Rule) And see how we inherently bastardized the meaning to sound more like this : “ Do unto others as they do unto you “ 🤪 Again ! It’s understandable because it comes from our complex makeup…… But think 🤔 about it for a minute ? would we want it to be any other way ? …..Take away challenges and what’s left ? …..No purpose !

Now that we are all on the same page of understanding, how about we give old baby Jesus’s rhetoric a try ? But in the Spiritual way it was intended. Make it a challenge today to improve from yesterday by breaking away from a full time job of instinctual grouping to feel safe and give yourself the part time job of vulnerability by locating common interests with the different groups.

Maybe we can fool ourselves into this by broadening the viewpoint. One of identifying human beings as the primary group….made up of complex secondary groups ? Do it ! Try it, feel it, then notice the unexpected outcome. Let’s bring back the true meaning and reverence to ‘ The Golden Rule ‘ ?
Paraphrased: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. ✌️

Last edited:
Just because what’s being said , has validity, doesn’t mean it needs to be shared. Humans inherently find like minded groups to Feel safe, comfortable, or add any other adjectives you may want 😝
There will always be numerous divides
Amongst us. That’s why scholars say , find the ‘ common goals ‘ and go from there. However it appears ‘Uncommon goals’ are more common 😜 to speak about. It’s understandable , because it inherently feel right, and is being shared under good intentions.

That’s where baby Jesus comes in , to add insight, hope and yes confusion to this life and death experiment 🔬 😉 …..Read Luke 6:31 or Matthew 7:12 ( The Golden Rule) And see how we inherently bastardized the meaning to sound more like this : “ Do unto others as they do unto you “ 🤪 Again ! It’s understandable because it comes from our complex makeup…… But think 🤔 about it for a minute ? would we want it to be any other way ? …..Take away challenges and what’s left ? …..No purpose !

Now that we are all on the same page of understanding, how about we give old baby Jesus’s rhetoric a try ? But in the Spiritual way it was intended. Make it a challenge today to improve from yesterday by breaking away from a full time job of instinctual grouping to feel safe and give yourself the part time job of vulnerability by locating common interests with the different groups.

Maybe we can fool ourselves into this by broadening the viewpoint. One of identifying human beings as the primary group….made up of complex secondary groups ? Do it ! Try it, feel it, then notice the unexpected outcome. Let’s bring back the true meaning and reverence to ‘ The Golden Rule ‘ ?
Paraphrased: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. ✌️
The Bible has been twisted so much. Most denominations said you must go to church to be saved, but the Bible says..

Matthew 6:5-6
"And when you pray, you must not be like the hypocrites. For they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and at the street corners, that they may be seen by others. Truly, I say to you, they have received their reward. But when you pray, go into your room and shut the door and pray to your Father who is in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you."

I am not a religious person, but I have studied numerous religions.

I just got off the phone with my daughter, aka Mommy and me Popski 👍 Baby + Mom doing well, knock on wood, however She’s a little upset about her holiday bonus being less than anticipated. I was sharing some advice on how to address it with her boss or on how to accept it and move on. How would you handle it if the number didn’t meet your expectations ?

I wonder if the boss is grouping her into a category of current Mother, rather than current employee and is thereby placing less value on that ? …… Probably my over active brain speaking after that previously engaged post 😂 Any advice !

I just got off the phone with my daughter, aka Mommy and me Popski 👍 Baby + Mom doing well, knock on wood, however She’s a little upset about her holiday bonus being less than anticipated. I was sharing some advice on how to address it with her boss or on how to accept it and move on. How would you handle it if the number didn’t meet your expectations ?

I wonder if the boss is grouping her into a category of current Mother, rather than current employee and is thereby placing less value on that ? …… Probably my over active brain speaking after that previously engaged post 😂 Any advice !

Bonuses are funny. My boss flips me some extra chedda here n there if we do good on a job. We did a big ol stain grade job that was a good paying job and my boss kept saying he was gonna give us a little something extra when he collected on that sweet job. I told him don’t tell me you’re gonna give me a bonus, just do it. If you tell me it gives me time to think about it and to build an idea in my head of what my bonus should be. If its not what I imagined then I’ll be disappointed but nobody is ever disappointed receiving extra unexpected cash.

Then you have the salary side of bonuses. You make X a year. Your paycheck is the same all year long and you get a nice? bonus check at the end of the year. Is this bonus based on actual numbers such as your sales for the year or is it just some made up number that your boss feels you’re worth? If it’s the latter, that’s just a carrot to dangle in front of you all year long. I’m guessing that’s where your daughter is, MSLI. She busted her ass all year long and was disappointed with what her bonus check was vs what she thought it should be. Then if your bonus check is big enough you lose a bunch of it to taxes. Might be better off just asking for a higher salary and you can keep your stupid bonus.

I’m sure there’s a positive side to bonuses but they definitely are a dangling carrot for a lot of people. I don’t like dangling carrots.

Latest posts

Back