Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
over missouri.jpg

https://nypost.com/2023/11/29/news/s...-all-hostages/

Quote:
Mosab Hassan Yousef — the son of Sheikh Hassan Yousef — has called for Israel to give Hamas a time frame to release all the hostages or says they should kill its leaders, including his father.

“Israel cannot continue like this…Hamas must have a timeframe – a month or two or six months – to return the hostages and if they don’t return the hostages within the time frame, Israel must execute top Hamas leaders in prison, especially the mass murderers,” he said in a 10-minute video posted to X on Tuesday.

“When I say execute top leaders, I mean no exceptions, that includes my own father,” he continued. “I made a mistake, 10 or 15 years ago when I saved his life many times…He was supposed to die for his actions. I saved his life. Things did not change, things got worse.”
Quote:
Yousef said he disagreed with Israel’s compromise of releasing prisoners in exchange for hostages, because the former inmates would go on to kill “many more innocent people” and that the criminals shouldn’t be “rewarded” for their crimes.
Courageous man, good to see someone with some honor and decency in spite of his upbringing.

THURSDAY, Sept. 21, 2023 (HealthDay News) -- Symptoms of mild COVID-19 infection have shifted this season, and now are more akin to those of allergies and the common cold, doctors say. Many people with COVID-19 now are presenting with upper respiratory symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes and a sore throat, said Dr.Sep 21, 2023

Today's COVID Is Increasingly Looking Like a Cold or Flu​

THURSDAY, Sept. 21, 2023 (HealthDay News) -- Symptoms of mild COVID-19 infection have shifted this season, and now are more akin to those of allergies and the common cold, doctors say. Many people with COVID-19 now are presenting with upper respiratory symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes and a sore throat, said Dr.Sep 21, 2023

Today's COVID Is Increasingly Looking Like a Cold or Flu

I think I've got it. Last Tuesday I recall a tiny bit achy..... I've hardly had work the past month and a half, so sitting more than normal. Wednesday after measuring a house I came home and had dinner. I turned the heat up a couple degrees above where I normally keep it. That wasn't working and I was still wearing my lightweight long sleeve fleece jacket. Something was off so I took my temperature and it was 99.1. normally 97.6 or so. I left the heat up and went to sleep a bit. I figure I'd leave my jacket on and bake the fever...... Nope, all bundled up and still had chills, even light shivers. Checked my temp a few more times overnight an maxed out at 101.6
By noon i was normal, well up and down .5 or so and no headache, but runny nose.
Have a handful of test kits, so I tried one out.
According to the instructions, two lines no matter how faint are positive.
I'll do another tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20231225_100233006.jpg
    IMG_20231225_100233006.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 0
I think I've got it. Last Tuesday I recall a tiny bit achy..... I've hardly had work the past month and a half, so sitting more than normal. Wednesday after measuring a house I came home and had dinner. I turned the heat up a couple degrees above where I normally keep it. That wasn't working and I was still wearing my lightweight long sleeve fleece jacket. Something was off so I took my temperature and it was 99.1. normally 97.6 or so. I left the heat up and went to sleep a bit. I figure I'd leave my jacket on and bake the fever...... Nope, all bundled up and still had chills, even light shivers. Checked my temp a few more times overnight an maxed out at 101.6
By noon i was normal, well up and down .5 or so and no headache, but runny nose.
Have a handful of test kits, so I tried one out.
According to the instructions, two lines no matter how faint are positive.
I'll do another tomorrow.
Just a heads up, if it sits for more than 15 minutes it will show 2 lines.

The flu is going around something fierce. My son got it last Thursday, I picked it up from him on Friday & my wife just got it yesterday from us. My son & I are almost over it but the wife is just beginning. It sucks!!

That looks more like where the line would be, if it tested positive. I really don't see any purple on it. Regardless, get better!
I'm fine. Fever, chills, headache one night. ...last Tuesday or Wednesday. Runny nose two days before and after. Today. .. haven't felt this good in a month. I feel great.

Just a heads up, if it sits for more than 15 minutes it will show 2 lines.

The flu is going around something fierce. My son got it last Thursday, I picked it up from him on Friday & my wife just got it yesterday from us. My son & I are almost over it but the wife is just beginning. It sucks!!
Lines showed up before 15 minutes.
I'll do another tomorrow

Electric trucks. STATISTA says there are about 16 million commercial trucks registered in California.
Listen to this, then do some math.
Kidding.... you don't need to. 😁

A Republican and a Democrat were walking down the street when they came to a homeless person.
The Republican gave the homeless person his business card and told him to come to his business for a job.
He then took twenty dollars out of his pocket and gave it to the homeless person.

The Democrat was very impressed, and when they came to another homeless person, he decided to help.
He walked over to the homeless person and gave him directions to the welfare office.
He then reached into the Republican's pocket and gave the homeless person fifty dollars.

Now you understand the difference between Republicans and Democrats.

I know one Dem. Who turned his successful business into an ESOP and is quite generous with giving scholarships. So I guess maybe we can take him out of the stereotypical box, 😜 but I understand where you’re coming from, because it’s frustrating to witness enabling, when maybe what‘s needed is empowering. Could debating that philosophy over Party affiliation yield friendlier outcomes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now here’s a question to ponder 🤔 is social security and Medicare a form of welfare ?

I know one Dem. Who turned his successful business into an ESOP and is quite generous with giving scholarships. So I guess maybe we can take him out of the stereotypical box, 😜 but I understand where you’re coming from, because it’s frustrating to witness enabling, when maybe what‘s needed is empowering. Could debating that philosophy over Party affiliation yield friendlier outcomes 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now here’s a question to ponder 🤔 is social security and Medicare a form of welfare ?
It is, in a way very few "average" Joe's would ever (be able) to put enough money away for 30 years worth of leisure retirement. As proof, unions knew that too.
In older times, people didn't know what retirement was. You worked till you dropped.

What happens to all the money that some people pay in and don't live long enough to collect anything? I know a woman who died yesterday at 61. She had paid in since she was 16.

Latest posts

Back