Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In older times, people didn't know what retirement was. You worked till you dropped.

That’s how it’s supposed to be, retirement is just some man made bullshit anyway. Sounds great but it isn’t very realistic because the reality is when you stop using your brain and body cus all you are doing is lounging around and eating bon bons in retirement, your body and brain will both start to atrophy. Lack of movement equals death. This doesn’t mean you have to be busting your ass diggin ditches for a living until you die but you do gotta do something. Volunteering at the senior center or being a Walmart greeter gives you something to do and having something to do IS what keeps you alive.

The boss’s dad is 75 and he comes and helps us from time to time when we’re busy and he’s not off doing his own thing. He’ll get up on scaffolding like it’s nothing. I told him just a couple weeks ago that I can only hope I'm getting around as good as he is if and when I hit 75.

My dad retired and took it easy, he uses a walker now, needs assisted living and doesn’t have much time left. What a crappy way to wind down a great life. I’ll drive my van into a bridge abutment at 75 mph before I let myself slip into that life of misery. I’m just kidding about the bridge abutment, or am I. Plan B is my wife takes me to the Grand Canyon one last time. Just push my wheelchair up to the edge and I’ll do the rest. I’ll be damned if I’ll let myself become a vegetable in a home somewhere.

So if you look at it like that, working ain’t so bad especially if you are fortunate enough to be able to do something you enjoy.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/ericbr...ancially-and-psychologically/?sh=523a954f3c76

Last edited:
I sure did not want to retire, but my body gave out on me. Still do all the yard work and car maintenance. Also build stuff in my wood shop. But when the covid vax almost killed me, it really slowed me down. Most of the wood stuff the last few months has been carving, I can do that sitting down. Still do the grocery shopping and I will NOT use an electric cart.

Quick google search said, no pay in, no pay out.
I guess if you use a liberal computer, you get a liberal answer. Here is what my computer shows...

California will welcome the new year by becoming the first state to offer health insurance for all undocumented immigrants. Starting Jan. 1, all undocumented immigrants, regardless of age, will qualify for Medi-Cal, California's version of the federal Medicaid program for people with low incomes.

And what is strange is you have to dig deep into the illegal allowances they get. They sure don;t want this information out where the "normal Joe" can find it.

In a major reversal since the 1990s, California has opened up government programs to undocumented residents more than any other state — issuing driver's licenses, college scholarships, low-income tax credits, direct cash aid during the pandemic and now Medi-Cal health coverage.

The major federal public benefits programs now include some non–U.S. citizens from eligibility for assistance. Programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP, formerly known as the Food Stamp Program), nonemergency Medicaid, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) and its precursor, Aid to Families with Dependent Children (AFDC), were largely unavailable to undocumented immigrants and people in the United States on temporary visas.

I'm moving to California.
You’ll need to change your name to Rando 😜

Just for fun I’ll play devils or is that angel’s advocate 😜 ….. Does helping the needy now, yield a decent percentage of tax paying better citizens later ? Thereby mitigating a portion of the burden.

Now as it relates to the program Social Security, I’ve heard that undocumented and Green Card workers pay SS, but are ineligible to collect. So ! Is it at all possible that open border workers, help keep SS solvent ?

gun control.jpg

You’ll need to change your name to Rando 😜

Just for fun I’ll play devils or is that angel’s advocate 😜 ….. Does helping the needy now, yield a decent percentage of tax paying better citizens later ? Thereby mitigating a portion of the burden.

Now as it relates to the program Social Security, I’ve heard that undocumented and Green Card workers pay SS, but are ineligible to collect. So ! Is it at all possible that open border workers, help keep SS solvent ?
Illegals (I call it like it really is) do not have social security cards, therefore are employed by people who pay the illegals under the table, so this is all government bullshit, they do NOT pay into Social Security. I have 6 of them working on both my neighbor's houses currently. These are the same ones who stand in front of Home Depot, and will do anything you ask for $25 an hour... under the table.

Illegals (I call it like it really is) do not have social security cards, therefore are employed by people who pay the illegals under the table, so this is all government bullshit, they do NOT pay into Social Security. I have 6 of them working on both my neighbor's houses currently. These are the same ones who stand in front of Home Depot, and will do anything you ask for $25 an hour... under the table.
Around here they do mostly roofing. There will be 10-12 of them living in a 1 br house and using the green card of one legal.

That’s by design. Nobody wants to work anymore, open the gates!
However, if that was true, you would think we would have a program for asap work permits, while waiting for asylum hearings, and that could take up to 5 years. So home Depo parking lot they will go, and Americans miss out on filling the SS coffers with the illegals working tax 😞

Last edited:
If a conservative doesn't like guns, he doesn't buy one.
If a liberal doesn't like guns, he wants all guns outlawed.
If a conservative is a vegetarian, he doesn't eat meat.
If a liberal is a vegetarian, he wants all meat products banned for everyone.
If a conservative is down-and-out, he thinks about how to better his situation. A liberal wonders who is going to take care of him..
If a conservative doesn't like a talk show host, he switches channels. Liberals demand that those they don't like be shut down.
If a conservative is a non-believer, he doesn't go to church. A liberal non-believer wants any mention of God and Jesus silenced.
If a conservative decides he needs health care, he goes about shopping for it, or may choose a job that provides it.. A liberal demands that the rest of us pay for his.
If a conservative reads this, he'll post it. A liberal will delete it because he's "offended."

If we post it, we are perpetuating the differences and inviting the same in return.

Why not eliminate the use of criticism through an understanding that freedom of expression is an inalienable right. Then spend energy towards debate and willingness to compromise.

✌️

Compromise? In LA, if a cop stops a guy with a beard and uses "sir", he can be disciplined. Where is the compromise? It is all them, and you can't fight, argue, or debate it.
That’s the compromise, allow it, then respectfully debate your point of view. Every day is a new opportunity, but only if we allow reality to be as it is. Control the controllable 🤷🏻‍♂️

Latest posts

Back