Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot off the press, and ABOUT TIME! Let's see how brave this POS Lieutenant is in the trial, and pray he is responsible for any punitive damages out of his own pocket.. since my police officer brothers now have to!
Screenshot_20240108_192840_Facebook.jpg

I never make knee jerk reactions to police shootings. I've been interested in the shooting of Ashli Babbit at the Capitol on January 6th last year, and have been waiting for information to come out. Now that a lawsuit by her family has been filed, I'm reading some interesting facts about Lt. Byrd of the Capitol Police, and what transpired that day. The following sure looks like a weak CYA from Byrd.
At 2:45 p.m., or within one minute after shooting Ashli, Lt. Byrd made the following radio call: ā€˜405B. We got shots fired in the lobby. We got shots shots fired in the lobby of the House chamber. Shots are being fired at us and weā€™re prepared to fire back at them. We have guns drawn. Please donā€™t leave that end. Donā€™t leave that end,'ā€ the suit notes.
ā€œApproximately 35 seconds later, Lt. Byrd made another radio call, stating, ā€˜405B. We got an injured person. I believe that person was shot.ā€™ In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers. The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli.ā€

Now that a lawsuit by her family has been filed, I'm reading some interesting facts about Lt. Byrd of the Capitol Police,

Just to clear up about my intentions on this and every discussion, Iā€™m primarily debating about human behaviors, not specifically about guilt or innocents, or whoā€™s a jerk and whoā€™s a saint. My focus is about the question, why do we use or choose language and actions of Anger towards each other ? And Does it help or hinder improvement for the future ?

Just to clear up about my intentions on this and every discussion, Iā€™m primarily debating about human behaviors, not specifically about guilt or innocents, or whoā€™s a jerk and whoā€™s a saint. My focus is about the question, why do we use or choose language and actions of Anger towards each other ? And Does it help or hinder improvement for the future ?
Havasu is a retired police officer. So if he thinks that cop was wrong, the cop was wrong.

Havasu is a retired police officer. So if he thinks that cop was wrong, the cop was wrong.
What Iā€™m interested in discussing is primarily to find out HOW ! we as a society, after witnessing this tragedy and other problematic current events, choose to discuss alternative ways , and lessons learned . Then share that information with everyone in a none political neutral manner, with the focus on HOW we as a society can empower each other to improve today and tomorrow a bit better than yesterday.

What Iā€™m interested in discussing is primarily to find out HOW ! we as a society, after witnessing this tragedy and other problematic current events, choose to discuss alternative ways , and lessons learned . Then share that information with everyone in a none political neutral manner, with the focus on HOW we as a society can empower each other to improve today and tomorrow a bit better than yesterday.
The farther left the Democratic party goes, the less chance of compromise. Many of us are not willing to compromise on the freedoms this country was founded on.

Slavery was also wrong. The statues all around the East Coast are there to use as a talking point as to how and why it was bad. However, the lefties demanded all civil war statues be torn down. In my opinion, the cancel culture idiots are shooting themselves in the foot. You can try to erase American History, but it's still there.
So MSNI, tell me in your infinite ways, how this helps either side?

Slavery was also wrong. The statues all around the East Coast are there to use as a talking point as to how and why it was bad. However, the lefties demanded all civil war statues be torn down. In my opinion, the cancel culture idiots are shooting themselves in the foot. You can try to erase American History, but it's still there.
So MSNI, tell me in your infinite ways, how this helps either side?
One thing they try to ignore about the start of the civil war. The North controlled congress, so they controlled trade. They refused to let the South trade any goods to other countries, so everyone, free and enslaved were starving in the South. And the North was using "indentured servants" , mostly Irish, who the British hated, in the factories. They were never allowed to make enough to pay back what they owed. When they got too old to work, they were thrown on the streets to starve. In the South, when a slave got too old to work, they were fed and given housing until they died. My ancestors, who were Irish, were run out of the east coast area towards the west. The British listed everyone who was not British as non-white.

Slavery was also wrong. The statues all around the East Coast are there to use as a talking point as to how and why it was bad.

That makes sense to me ! But the challenge is to communicate that respectfully to the opposition. To Make them feel that youā€™re considering their views while selling your point, and are willing to work towards a mutual agreement, if one can be found.

However, the lefties demanded all civil war statues be torn down. In my opinion, the cancel culture idiots are shooting themselves in the foot. You can try to erase American History, but it's still there.

Of course the history is still there, they know that and its obvious. Sometimes we can allow the firmness of a conviction to elevate into exaggerated judgment, especially if the opposition is doing the exact same judgment in return. Someone needs to extend the Olive branch, walk in others shoes and if it is to be it might as well be me. I mean you šŸ˜œ
āœŒļø

One thing they try to ignore about the start of the civil war. The North controlled congress, so they controlled trade. They refused to let the South trade any goods to other countries, so everyone, free and enslaved were starving in the South. And the North was using "indentured servants" , mostly Irish, who the British hated, in the factories. They were never allowed to make enough to pay back what they owed. When they got too old to work, they were thrown on the streets to starve. In the South, when a slave got too old to work, they were fed and given housing until they died. My ancestors, who were Irish, were run out of the east coast area towards the west. The British listed everyone who was not British as non-white.
That information is very interesting and it provides more pieces to our complex past.

It also shows thereā€™s enough blame to go around from back then and also today. How do we improve ?

One idea : Letā€™s elevate ( been using that word a lot šŸ˜µā€šŸ’« ) our awareness, energy, focus, kindness, compassion, understanding, resolve ! ! to be all we can be to stop the cycle of discontent through ridiculing rhetoric to anyone who thinks or looks differently. No matter how ridiculous it may be, itā€™s always better not to disrespect others because we are also disrespecting ourselves AND ! ! It could be the ego in us that turns a blind eye to this disrespect , so we continue and double and triple down. We think we are strong willed, fighting the good fight against evil šŸ‘æ doers and evil thinkers, but the reality is we are probably perpetuating the cycle of disfunction.

Even dirty rotten killers with no moral compass need to be given respectful treatment along the way to their prison or corporal punishment. Not for their sake, because they really donā€™t deserve it at all , but Because we are responsible to give respect to ourselves. Respect is an inside job contrary to popular belief. ā€œ Donā€™t do anything you donā€™t want to do or allow someone to do something to you that you donā€™t want done to you, thatā€™s how we give respect to ourselves ā€œ ( thatā€™s from the SAFE CLASS) check it out, go to the SAFE PROGRAM PODCAST to learn more. www.thepeacecenter.org The concept is quite simple, when we provide internal love in the form of Respect to ourselves along with other virtues like trust, we no longer need it to be given to us by others. Remove that need and we never have cause to be offended, angered, disappointed etc etc by others who do life differently.
Of course itā€™s not magic, it needs to be practiced like laying floors. If you get upset easily with others chances are it can help mitigate the effects.

Last edited:
I never make knee jerk reactions to police shootings. I've been interested in the shooting of Ashli Babbit at the Capitol on January 6th last year, and have been waiting for information to come out. Now that a lawsuit by her family has been filed, I'm reading some interesting facts about Lt. Byrd of the Capitol Police, and what transpired that day. The following sure looks like a weak CYA from Byrd.
At 2:45 p.m., or within one minute after shooting Ashli, Lt. Byrd made the following radio call: ā€˜405B. We got shots fired in the lobby. We got shots shots fired in the lobby of the House chamber. Shots are being fired at us and weā€™re prepared to fire back at them. We have guns drawn. Please donā€™t leave that end. Donā€™t leave that end,'ā€ the suit notes.
ā€œApproximately 35 seconds later, Lt. Byrd made another radio call, stating, ā€˜405B. We got an injured person. I believe that person was shot.ā€™ In fact, no shots were fired at Lt. Byrd or his fellow officers. The only shot fired was the single shot Lt. Byrd fired at Ashli.ā€
I read that. That right there should have gotten a trial started. He lied. We can't do that.......

Oh and speaking of climate change. šŸ˜
This is a really good interview. Tucker doesn't talk much. He lets his guest tell him own story.
This is really worth the time. It's about 60 minutes.

Nah, that doesn't fit him all that well. Now that he's back on the "air" I like him more. He's better doing interviews than when he was controlled by FOX and just speaking on his own without guests.

Nah, that doesn't fit him all that well. Now that he's back on the "air" I like him more. He's better doing interviews than when he was controlled by FOX and just speaking on his own without guests.
To be honest I was struggling for the right, I mean appropriate šŸ˜‰ adjective and stumbled onto it. šŸ¤“ Iā€™ll give the new and improved version of Tucker a try. Had a good friend named that as a kid.

To be honest I was struggling for the right, I mean appropriate šŸ˜‰ adjective and stumbled onto it. šŸ¤“ Iā€™ll give the new and improved version of Tucker a try. Had a good friend named that as a kid.
My youngest son had a good friend named Tucker. Sadly, that Tucker died of covid two years ago at 26.

Latest posts

Back