Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not watch the "Queen for a day" speech last night. How stupid was ms. Josephine Biden?
The Swamp wanted you to see the lady next to her because of something about in vitro fertilization and abortion that I care nothing about. Kind of like fentanyl. I just dont care about those issues. I couldn't understand why Arnold Schwarzenegger's ex-wife was flanking the abortion lady on the other side.

The biggest change is world trade. We used to be the world's leading manufacturer of almost everything. We invented, created, produced and sold our stuff. Over time, the overseas countries caught up. They have been good at copying, stealing, or simply improving on products we've made. It's been a long time ago, but it seems to me it started changing noticeably after the introduction of NAFTA.
The US companies became international countries. They're loyalty to produce things in our country disappeared. Once one major manufacturer moves to cheap labor overseas, everyone else making a similar produce has to do the same or go out of business. How does someone paying $25 per hour plus benefits and matching SS compete with $2 per hour and no benefits?
I recall Nike, Adidas or some other shoe maker moving production to China in the 70's..... well, everyone else followed. How do you stop that? You can't.
If American companies in the 50's and 60's could have foreseen this change, what could they have changed to prevent or slow the process from happening? Maybe put a lot more emphasis on increasing production?
Maybe reduce the quality of products a few percent?
I recall a commercial in the 60's with an elephant standing on a refrigerator demonstrating how durable and well built they were. Gibson? Was that really necessary? 🤔
I always see a ton of 1960's 1/4" drills at the habitat restore..... and they still work like new.
Was that quality, for a household tool really necessary?
It's gotten beyond blaming the government. World trade with cheap labor was bound to knock on our door at some point. I don't know why knowbody saw it coming.
The thing that could have been done and should have been done, is limiting or regulating which countries could buy land, property or companies in the US. China owns GE, but at least the still manufacture products in the US.
I don't know what any fixes can be done except regulating what foreign countries can own inside our borders.
There were innumerous options for industrial, trade and financial policies that could have kept America on top of the world. "We" went wrong buying Japanese cars in the '70s which started like a snowball rolling downhill and what Clinton did with NAFTA and then China trade REALLY sank this ship. It was an avalanche by then of the destruction of our middle and working classes. We are now an empty husk of a nation that cant supply it's military and allies with ammunition. We cant support our own troops overseas and accomplish our (evil) obejectives thorugh incompetent leadership. We can't keep our trains running. Airplanes fall out of the sky. The major cities are disgusting shitholes.

The good news is I really like the Dodger's chances this year with the two new Japanese players. I just had to think of something positive.

Thanks for sharing all that stuff guys, I’m opening my eyes and contemplating.

As an aside : This election is forcing us all to think about how we need to Straighten up our act. After so many years of failed policies and trade agreements, we are hobbled and it’s going to take time, energy steadfastness and patience to walk away healthy. The blame game that both parties keep deploying is only going to make it harder, if not impossible. My ears are waiting for the day someone shows up out of the blue with words that motivate assertive action, to STRAIGHTEN US UP ! because I believe we all want the same thing, but are stuck unwisely holding onto the past. This bringing up failures after failures and blaming the other side is getting OLD ! This trumpeting ( no pun intended) serves no purpose in moving us forward onto a path towards improving. However ! Since We hear at TFF continuing to be engaged, we are giving ourselves the opportunity, through expression, to hopefully find the forward thinking light 💡 in the tunnel of darkness…… Could it be Maybe this agita is necessary after all 🤷🏻‍♂️

We need to get people like George Soros out of our politics. For those who don't know, he is a billionaire avowed communist who gets all these far-left prosecutors elected. They refuse to make criminals pay for their crimes. They will NOT support police efforts to cut crime. They are the main reason that all major cities are short officers. It will only get worse.

There were innumerous options for industrial, trade and financial policies that could have kept America on top of the world. "We" went wrong buying Japanese cars in the '70s which started like a snowball rolling downhill and what Clinton did with NAFTA and then China trade REALLY sank this ship. It was an avalanche by then of the destruction of our middle and working classes. We are now an empty husk of a nation that cant supply it's military and allies with ammunition. We cant support our own troops overseas and accomplish our (evil) obejectives thorugh incompetent leadership. We can't keep our trains running. Airplanes fall out of the sky. The major cities are disgusting shitholes.

The good news is I really like the Dodger's chances this year with the two new Japanese players. I just had to think of something positive.
It wasn't us simply buying Japanese cars. They were building better cars. Toyota and Honda were building cars that didn't rust out, had good mileage and lived for 250,000 miles. GM Chrysler and Ford weren't paying attention. They could have built better small cars aimed at the same people that were buying Japanese cars.
Chevette, Monza, Pinto, Maverick, ....Pacer "barfing"

Last edited:
I did not watch the "Queen for a day" speech last night. How stupid was ms. Josephine Biden?
I tuned in just prior to the January 6 tirade.
This was a taxpayer funded free campaign speech.
....they all are to some degree, but wow.🤧
I know it's out there, but I haven't looked for fact checkers results. I'm betting 85% pants on fire?

It wasn't us simply buying Japanese cars. They were building better cars. Toyota and Honda were building cars that didn't rust out, had good mileage and lived for 250,000 miles. GM Chrysler and Ford were paying zero attention.
Exactly. I was a Toyota line mechanic in 70-71. They had a valve issue. The original warranty was 1 year, 6,000 miles. They upped that on their own to 5 years, 100,000 and covered any head failure. GM and Ford would not have done that.
I bought a new Chrysler in 1980. It had a coating that was peeling off the inside of the gas tank. Clearly their fault. They would not cover the fuel system damage from it.

Exactly. I was a Toyota line mechanic in 70-71. They had a valve issue. The original warranty was 1 year, 6,000 miles. They upped that on their own to 5 years, 100,000 and covered any head failure. GM and Ford would not have done that.
I bought a new Chrysler in 1980. It had a coating that was peeling off the inside of the gas tank. Clearly their fault. They would not cover the fuel system damage from it.
It’s about finding the balance between quality and profitability and the gap is very large and long term most times before equalization can happen again….. If we treat each issue as such, rather than each person, or company in a personal way, then maybe we could shorten the gap and time also.

We need to get people like George Soros out of our politics. For those who don't know, he is a billionaire avowed communist who gets all these far-left prosecutors elected. They refuse to make criminals pay for their crimes. They will NOT support police efforts to cut crime. They are the main reason that all major cities are short officers. It will only get worse.
When I think of communism, letting criminals roam the streets does not come to mind as something they aspire too. Could there be something more happening around that person’s philosophy not yet understood ?

When I think of communism, letting criminals roam the streets does not come to mind as something they aspire too. Could there be something more happening around that person’s philosophy not yet understood ?
Yes, that something more that's happening is dramatic policy failure-----literal blood and feces on public streets. They got their dream candidates elected. Those elected and selected officials got their dream policies enacted and those policies are abject failures. See, this is where the rubber hits the road. Rationalizing failures with "philosophy" works in academia ------"around that person's philosophy" -----but you cant sell it to the public once those failures become so egregious no amount of twisted corporate media propanda can disguise the damage done.

Yes, that something more that's happening is dramatic policy failure-----literal blood and feces on public streets. They got their dream candidates elected. Those elected and selected officials got their dream policies enacted and those policies are abject failures. See, this is where the rubber hits the road. Rationalizing failures with "philosophy" works in academia ------"around that person's philosophy" -----but you cant sell it to the public once those failures become so egregious no amount of twisted corporate media propanda can disguise the damage done.
And criminals lose their vote if convicted of a felony and most criminals vote Democrat.

And criminals lose their vote if convicted of a felony and most criminals vote Democrat.
Are they actually that desperate for votes?
I have a difficult time believing that and find it more believable that it may be a convenient go to explanation, BUT ! You guys do more research than I, so I may have to Zip my Vagina 😝 ( from the movie 🍿 Date Night 😜 …. That roof top scene is hilarious 😂

We need to get people like George Soros out of our politics. For those who don't know, he is a billionaire avowed communist who gets all these far-left prosecutors elected.
This is a quote from Wikipedia about Soros (He influenced the fall of communism in Eastern Europe in the late 1980s and early 1990s )

So it appears from that analysis that something more is going on with this individual.

Most criminals in large democrat cities are black. Most black people vote for democrats. Just facts.
Even though a fact is a fact, the meaning behind it can still be fiction.

Attachments

• A3F08DD2-F8B3-4350-8CAC-A9CB8221EC32.png
    A3F08DD2-F8B3-4350-8CAC-A9CB8221EC32.png
    250 KB · Views: 0
It was your typical Politician speech, bitch, moan, blame, inflate, promise, promote. I wonder what that says about us voters ? Because Marketing is about knowing the audience and then delivering to us what we want to hear 🥲 …. We the people need to demand more of ourselves first, then be brave enough to rip off the bandage by maybe voting Independent OR ! To actually abstain.

FYI , I saw little Marco and Lying Ted listening to Josephine 😜…. Jerry Springer would be proud to see what’s happening.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back