Discussing politics and religion

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Kushner family real estate firm has amassed over half a million dollars in unpaid fines for various New York City sanitation and building violations, with much of that bill incurred while President Donald Trump's son-in-law and adviser Jared Kushner was running the company.

City figures compiled for The Associated Press by a tenant watchdog group show that most of the fines — $350,000 — stretched over the past five years. And just last month the company was fined $210,000 for filing false construction documents.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/kus...-and-counting/

I was thinking;

Since only 11 million people have Obama-Care, how will 24 million people
die if it is repealed? Will an additional 13 million people be randomly
shot?

I was thinking;

If Donald Trump deleted all of his emails, wiped his server with Bleachbit and destroyed all of his phones with a hammer, would the Mainstream Media suddenly lose all interest in the story and declare him innocent.

I was thinking;

If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men to do the same job for more money?

I was thinking;

If you rob a bank in a Sanctuary City, is it illegal or is it just an Undocumented Withdrawal?

I was thinking;

Each ISIS attack now is a reaction to Trump policies, but all ISIS attacks during Obama's term were due to Climate Change and a plea for jobs.

I was thinking;

After the London 'Lone Wolf' terrorist attack government officials arrested at least eight other 'Lone Wolves' who had conspired with the
original 'Lone Wolf' in planning the 'Lone Wolf' attack. Why do they tell us even though all involved are Muslims, you can be assured, the 'Lone Wolf' attack has nothing at all to do with Islam, just like the other 1,000 plus 'Lone Wolf' attacks by Muslims, are completely unassociated with Islam.

I was thinking;

We should stop calling them all 'Entitlements'. Welfare, Food Stamps, WIC, ad nausea are not entitlements. They are taxpayer-funded handouts, and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veterans Benefits are Entitlements because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

I was thinking;

If Muslims want to run away from a Muslim country, does that mean they're Islamophobic?

I was thinking;

If Liberals don't believe in biological gender then why did they march for women's rights?

I was thinking;

How did the Russians get Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC to steal the Primary from Bernie Sanders? How did Russia get Donna Brazile to leak debate questions to Hillary Clinton in advance of the debates?

I was thinking;

Why is it that Democrats think Super delegates are fine, but they have a problem with the Electoral College?

I was thinking;

If you don't want the FBI involved in elections, don't nominate someone who's being investigated by the FBI.

I was thinking;

If Hillary's speeches cost $250,000 an hour, how come no one shows up to her free ones?

I was thinking;

The DNC is mad at Russia because they 'think' they are trying to manipulate our election by exposing that the DNC is manipulating our
election.

I was thinking;

If Democrats don't want foreigners involved in our elections, why do they think it's all right for illegals to vote?

I like your thinking. :D

On another note.
Election wise, I wish there were limits on donations. Even tho Jeff Besos donates to a super pac that's supposedly non partisan. I don't like such large donations to either party. Non partisan means he and others will donate to liberal Republicans and Democrats, or to right leaning Democrats and Republicans.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ac-in-first-major-political-contribution.html
Need to get campaign finance reform to limit big donors from having so much influence.

I like your thinking. :D

On another note.
Election wise, I wish there were limits on donations. Even tho Jeff Besos donates to a super pac that's supposedly non partisan. I don't like such large donations to either party. Non partisan means he and others will donate to liberal Republicans and Democrats, or to right leaning Democrats and Republicans.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ac-in-first-major-political-contribution.html
Need to get campaign finance reform to limit big donors from having so much influence.
I agree. Two biggest donors are National Realtors and Pharmaceutical companies. No conflict there :rolleyes:

I was thinking;

Since only 11 million people have Obama-Care, how will 24 million people
die if it is repealed? Will an additional 13 million people be randomly
shot?

I was thinking;

If Donald Trump deleted all of his emails, wiped his server with Bleachbit and destroyed all of his phones with a hammer, would the Mainstream Media suddenly lose all interest in the story and declare him innocent.

I was thinking;

If women do the same job for less money, why do companies hire men to do the same job for more money?

I was thinking;

If you rob a bank in a Sanctuary City, is it illegal or is it just an Undocumented Withdrawal?

I was thinking;

Each ISIS attack now is a reaction to Trump policies, but all ISIS attacks during Obama's term were due to Climate Change and a plea for jobs.

I was thinking;

After the London 'Lone Wolf' terrorist attack government officials arrested at least eight other 'Lone Wolves' who had conspired with the
original 'Lone Wolf' in planning the 'Lone Wolf' attack. Why do they tell us even though all involved are Muslims, you can be assured, the 'Lone Wolf' attack has nothing at all to do with Islam, just like the other 1,000 plus 'Lone Wolf' attacks by Muslims, are completely unassociated with Islam.

I was thinking;

We should stop calling them all 'Entitlements'. Welfare, Food Stamps, WIC, ad nausea are not entitlements. They are taxpayer-funded handouts, and shouldn't be called entitlements at all. Social Security and Veterans Benefits are Entitlements because the people receiving them are entitled to them. They were earned and paid for by the recipients.

I was thinking;

If Muslims want to run away from a Muslim country, does that mean they're Islamophobic?

I was thinking;

If Liberals don't believe in biological gender then why did they march for women's rights?

I was thinking;

How did the Russians get Debbie Wasserman Schultz and the DNC to steal the Primary from Bernie Sanders? How did Russia get Donna Brazile to leak debate questions to Hillary Clinton in advance of the debates?

I was thinking;

Why is it that Democrats think Super delegates are fine, but they have a problem with the Electoral College?

I was thinking;

If you don't want the FBI involved in elections, don't nominate someone who's being investigated by the FBI.

I was thinking;

If Hillary's speeches cost $250,000 an hour, how come no one shows up to her free ones?

I was thinking;

The DNC is mad at Russia because they 'think' they are trying to manipulate our election by exposing that the DNC is manipulating our
election.

I was thinking;

If Democrats don't want foreigners involved in our elections, why do they think it's all right for illegals to vote?
You should tell trump that .. It is getting to the point that Cabinet meetings are going to have to be held on Visiting day ..

On the Kushner thing, apparently his family/business failed to show up in court over 450 times.
http://time.com/5385652/kushner-unpaid-nyc-fines/
I know people who were arrested for missing one appearance.

On the medical, I have friends in Canada who are perfectly happy with their medical system. I've never head any of them complaining about not being able to afford treatment or medicine. On the flipside, I have friends in the US who watched their kids suffer bc hospitals/doctors wouldn't give their kids necessary treatment bc they couldn't pay up front. One friend had to wait 2 months to save up enough $ for her daughter's treatment-- meanwhile her daughter was in agony. And that was *with* insurance.

The whole Kavanaugh thing is a clusterf***. On one hand, I don't like how he dodged some of the questions. I also don't like how the documents were withheld until the last minute. But, even though Kamala Harris complained about Kavanaugh not answering about lawyers he talked to, I am not sure if he was just obfuscating or if he wasn't sure if any of the people he talked to worked at that lawfirm and he didn't want to mis-speak. He's under a lot of pressure & if he makes a mistake, they can call it perjury. As for the woman who was supposedly flashing a white power hand gesture-- I do believe she was doing a hand gesture on purpose (bc it's not a natural way to hold your hand and she was looking directly into the camera while doing it) but it could have been something innocuous like her way of saying "hello" to someone specific that would be watching. Could have been an "OK" hand gesture or something. But people were flipping out over it.

People burning their Nike shoes & cutting up their socks and stuff is making me sad and amused at the same time. Two things: One, they already own the stuff so Nike has their $. Two, if they don't want the logo to show, they can cover it with a patch, permanent marker, tape, paint, etc rather than destroy the product. Allegedly people have been setting their shoes on fire while wearing them... I guess that's what you would call a flaming idiot.

Covering a Nike logo doesn't send a message like flames do.
On the Kushner story.
"City data suggest the Kushner Cos. is hardly alone among major landlords with big bills for unpaid fines. Landlord Steven Croman racked up $1 billion in unpaid fines before his 2017 guilty plea for fraud, according tenant watchdog Cooper Square Committee."
City needs to fire the head of it's collection agency. If they are a no show or won't pay fines within a certain period, revoke their business license until the fine is paid or put a lien on them. ....a BILLION dollars in unpaid fines???
That's obscene. How could that possibly happen?

Covering a Nike logo doesn't send a message like flames do.
On the Kushner story.
"City data suggest the Kushner Cos. is hardly alone among major landlords with big bills for unpaid fines. Landlord Steven Croman racked up $1 billion in unpaid fines before his 2017 guilty plea for fraud, according tenant watchdog Cooper Square Committee."
City needs to fire the head of it's collection agency. If they are a no show or won't pay fines within a certain period, revoke their business license until the fine is paid or put a lien on them. ....a BILLION dollars in unpaid fines???
That's obscene. How could that possibly happen?
True on the burning sending a message-- but I saw people who cut the logos off of their clothes & continued to wear them-- so in that case, why not just cover the logo?

I absolutely agree that it is obscene that they have let fines go unpaid for so long. I do wonder if any of it is mob related and they are afraid to collect, were bribed, or were threatened/blackmailed. Or maybe they just suck at their jobs.

I saw people talking about some op-ed where a supposed "senior white house official" wrote an article anonymously. Whoever it was used the term "lodestar" a few times and that is apparently a term Pence uses. So people are speculating it was him. I highly doubt it, but I wouldn't be surprised if the real author wanted people to think it was Pence. But I bet Pence wouldn't mind Donald being out of the way so he could be president. All sorts of conspiracy theories on that one.

I wonder what Pence would say about this after being blindsided at the Hamilton show he and his wife attended.
"Not at our show" This actor said.
It's perfectly OK for the actors to disrupt a show by calling out an audience member, but not the other way around.
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...from-audience-member-says-wont-apologize.html
upload_2018-9-6_20-58-2.png

Last edited:
http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...he-intervened/ar-BBMWxOE?li=BBnb7Kz&ocid=iehp

A government photographer edited official pictures of Donald Trump’s inauguration to make the crowd appear bigger following a personal intervention from the president, according to newly released documents.
That's for the official photos. Doesn't sound like they Photoshopped anything.
The tabloids showed whatever they wanted, and they did. They aim for the voids and make it look even worse than it was. Nobody calls them out.
W/H wanted to show the opposite. Trump won so it doesn't matter how many showed up. Trump just screwed up bringing up the number of people who attended............ He should have left the number counting to the professionals.

Latest posts

Back