Flooring pictures

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's one closer up, and the miter I mentioned. I just made one miter on the bottom side. With the hot adhesive a guy can do wonders.
I added on those two 1/2" wide strips of thin plywood using hot glue also. I added these strips to each tread and riser overhang as I mentioned earlier, to make this thinner carpet carpet cover the areas where the wallpaper didn't cover up the bare sheetrock like the old carpet did.

Untitled-Scanned- Close up of cap levelsCC_filtered 800.jpg

Untitled-Scanned-small miter on bottom side levelsCC_filtered 800.jpg

In person it actually looks pretty neat. The words are not printed sharply. I can read the word telephone, but the rest is impossible to read because the letters are small and 'fuzzy' Looks sorta like an old document. It was hard doing the stairs because each step tool about 25 inches to ensure getting the end caps done without plugs. The pattern was 27 inches. Without being careful, you'd see a partial repeat way to often.
There are a few prominent words of shapes that make the pattern noticeable. The pattern repeating on the stairs ruins the effect.
Here's when I noticed that the pattern repeat isn't good. I guess that step is for Allah. :D
I cut a 50 inch wide by 24 foot long strip side off the roll. With 26 inch cuts and a 27 inch pattern, it became tricky to make the repeat go away. To help, I alternated cutting the pieces........... One from the top end of the roll, then one off the bottom end of the roll. I also had 6 inches to stagger the cuts.
Trust me........ it looks pretty good with that metal staircase.

Untitled-Scanned-stairwell top down  duplicate stairs.jpg

You say duplicate patterns on 2 steps. A decorator I used to work for wanted the same pattern on every step in the same spot or it wasn't matched. I argued the point that if it was one piece from top to bottom the patterns would not be in the same spot. I was very bluntly told that it was the wrong way to do it and I told her she was wrong. Maybe that is why I don't work for her anymore.

Daris

You say duplicate patterns on 2 steps. A decorator I used to work for wanted the same pattern on every step in the same spot or it wasn't matched. I argued the point that if it was one piece from top to bottom the patterns would not be in the same spot. I was very bluntly told that it was the wrong way to do it and I told her she was wrong. Maybe that is why I don't work for her anymore.

Daris

I always matched it that way Daris . They just bought more carpet .
Expecially the woven with the Flower pattern.

I always matched it that way Daris . They just bought more carpet .
Expecially the woven with the Flower pattern.
Depends on the pattern. Some absolutely need matching, but matching can mean a pattern centered in the middle of each tread, or matching as in a continuous run. (pattern also matches/continues at the tread/riser junction)

Latest posts

Back