Gas again

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since I use diesel #2 ( not the retard actor) I just look for the lowest price. No additives thank ya.

I worked near the place in Oklahoma where they filled tanker trucks with gas many years ago. All the brands would line up and fill up with the same gas. Remember DX with superboron. Their driver would crawl on top of a thousand gallon or so tanker truck and dump in a gallon of superboron.

How do you know that for sure? A bottle of Techron concentrate costs about $8 and treats one tank. If the average tank is 20 gals (it's probably less) that's 40¢ a gallon. If you choose to use techron at the pump it seems that 10¢ a gallon is somewhat reasonable.

A 16oz bottle of Pepsi costs $1.69 and a liter bottle costs $1.89

Let me add, that the cleaner in Techron isn't needed every tank full. How many cars crud up by using other brands of fuel?
I'd bet a store bought bottle is more concentrated than what they put in your tank.

Last edited:
highup said:
A 16oz bottle of Pepsi costs $1.69 and a liter bottle costs $1.89

Let me add, that the cleaner in Techtron isn't needed every tank full. How many cars crud up by using other brands of fuel?
I'd bet a store bought bottle is more concentrated than what they put in your tank.

Whether one chooses to use occasional or continuos maintenance ten cents still seems to me to be a reasonable associated cost.

Last edited:
Whether one chooses to use occasional or continuos maintenance ten cents still seems to me to be a reasonable associated cost.

True, ten cents isn't what it used to be.
....like 1/2 a gallon of gas. :D
All fuels are required to have detergents. I'd put more trust in the Techron, partly because of things I have read about fuel system cleaners. I just figure it's probably not needed at every fillup, so why not save a buck if you see a station that's a lot cheaper. Gas is gas. It all comes from the same refinery.
I used a bottle of Techron in my neglected S10 when I first got it, and the idle and throttle response was noticeable. Next I used Seafoam through the PVC hose and it ran even smoother. When I got the rig it had been started previously, every other month or so for a few years. Sitting isn't good for cars, that for sure.

You guys complain:D
At the moment we are at Norfolk Island which is bout 2 hours flying from NZ onto the way to Aussie
Australia $ 2. 49 for diesel and A$2.50 litre unleaded

Took these photos while we were there
The main street, a petrol pump Aussie Dollars, and the old prison houses from the Mutiny of the Bounty days

014.jpg

PETROL.jpg

003.jpg

Well we got hit again yesterday. Gas went to $4.29. Michigan is second to Hawaii for the highest priced gas. :mad:

Daris

That's curious. I paid $3.93 this morning a few clicks lower than what I've been paying----between $3.99-$4.09 for the last 6 months or so.

I thought we had higher prices than anywheres.

Latest posts

Back