Gas prices going nuts

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ours bounces all over, from $2.53 to $2.79 over night and then $2.59 overnight.
We probably haven't seen prices that low for ......I don't know how many years. Not even trump years. I'm not sure where to find accurate info.
Rethinking...... maybe $2.89???

Last time I went to Costco for gas, the line went around the parking lot and back onto the street. I went to Vons, paid 1 cent more, and was home in a few minutes.
I consider that line before I schedule my Costco run. I think I go every 3-4 weeks and there's nothing there I HAVE to get today right now. I kinda know when not to go there if I also need a tank of gas because the store here in Glendora is exactly like you describe. Hit and miss.

Saturday 11AM I lucked out. Didn't wait more then 5 minutes. Usually I'm not even thinking about that on a Saturday.

I go to the Sam's Club across the street when in Glendora, and the lines are generally only a 3-4 minute wait.
Speaking of that Costco, I'm going there today. I've found that store, along with the Palm Desert Costco has alot of items that other Costco's don't carry.

I go to the Sam's Club across the street when in Glendora, and the lines are generally only a 3-4 minute wait.
Speaking of that Costco, I'm going there today. I've found that store, along with the Palm Desert Costco has alot of items that other Costco's don't carry.
It's big enough. I'm between there and the Irwindale store, which is much closer to where I previously lived. Glendora is a much more pleasant experience. That Irwindale store isn't so well situated.

That Costco is actually in Azusa. I was appointed to design the traffic signal and ingress and egress where Costco exits onto Todd Ave. Then again, that was 30 years ago.

Do you remember the old "Price Club" on the east side of the street? That is now the Taco Bell meat making company. I saw many workers lose their arms in the grinding machines making their secret flavored meat in there.

My big job the night of the Rodney King riots was to protect the employees from the customers who were trying to bust into that Costco to get provisions, as they prepared for the riots. From that parking lot, you were able to see the skyline of Los Angeles burning everywhere. I put my police dog on a 30' lunge line and told him to attack anyone who stepped closer than 29' away from the dog. Surprisingly, it worked, nobody got bit, and everyone left the parking lot.

That Costco is actually in Azusa. I was appointed to design the traffic signal and ingress and egress where Costco exits onto Todd Ave. Then again, that was 30 years ago.

Do you remember the old "Price Club" on the east side of the street? That is now the Taco Bell meat making company. I saw many workers lose their arms in the grinding machines making their secret flavored meat in there.

My big job the night of the Rodney King riots was to protect the employees from the customers who were trying to bust into that Costco to get provisions, as they prepared for the riots. From that parking lot, you were able to see the skyline of Los Angeles burning everywhere. I put my police dog on a 30' lunge line and told him to attack anyone who stepped closer than 29' away from the dog. Surprisingly, it worked, nobody got bit, and everyone left the parking lot.
Yes, I used to live in an unincorporated county area with a Covina post box. It was south of Asuza, just barely east of Irwindale and of course northeast of Covina proper. I have no recollection of Price Club other than a vague memory of the name.

My strongest memory of those particular riots was talking with the warehouse/truck driver at the shop where I worked. He was a very large black man from Pomona and the minute he heard about the verdict he jumped in his little, beat-up Toyota pick-up and drove head first into the fires.

The way he told it the bed of that pick-up was over-filled with the top of the line electronics-----probably from something like a Circuit City.......ot whatever. Of course I challenged him on the decency of such a move. His answer was; "You think I'm going to pass up that opportunity?"

That's our civilization in a nutshell.

435921234_1370639636915270_3943013994025089921_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back