Gas

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holding steady here . CXS is building 6 more sets of tracks to hold all the oil coming in. Each track will hold 200 tankers .

Theres a huge glut of oil now, and less demand. You'd think it would drop lower. I'm certain the oil industry will claim it is lack of refining capacity or some ridiculous statement. But then we do export gas and diesel. :mad:

Our stupid gas tax will never allow Kommiefornia to have gas that cheap. We need to feed the border jumpers, their aunts, uncles, grandparents and their 20 kids.

I never really think much about stuff like that so I looked it up. Our tax of 71 cents per gallon is 21 cents higher than the national (weighted) average of 50 cents.

Do we actually FEED illegals? Not directly I don't think.

As far as the countless millions of illegal aliens and legal immigrants in our country the biggest burdens they DIRECTLY place on us is the cost of education for their children and health care for their extended families.

Essentially illegal immigrants can't qualify for "welfare" but if they bear children HERE the family gets food stamps and the kids can also get subsidized health care. They don't make enough to pay state income tax. The federal government does collect a lot of Social Security on their labor though when they use fake documents. So there are some offsets, another of which is their property taxes, collected by landlords and paid to the County. It's complicated.

The REAL destruction illegal immigration causes isn't in any sense able to be accurately measured. We don't even know how many are here. Government, corporations, corporate owned media and corporate supported university research all have an agenda to conceal and distort facts. Without a doubt the wealthy-----stockholders, employers and landlords benefit from cheap labor. Without a doubt.

But some things are also obvious and inescapable. Illegals come here to DISPLACE low wage, low skill workers making the lowest class of Americans suffer even greater poverty and unemployment. THEN we give those displaced folks welfare of every sort-----housing, energy, transportation, education, food.............the list goes on and on-----from cradle to grave in some communities.

You will find MANY, if not most reports on the NET costs to taxpayers conclude that ILLEGAL immigration is a positive financial equation for the country. The reality is that can only be concluded if we pretend that they have no impact on employment and wages of the working class. Clearly, it's a crooked, evil message that ought to be an insult to anyone who works for a living. Yet the parrots......talking heads on TV and so many other crooked evil idiots will repeat that mantra they heard their overlords preach to them.

Preach on.

GOD BLESS AMERICA

What frosted my butt was when I read the below news caption as Breaking News:

Immigrants eligible for Social Security, Medicare under Obama plan.

So as to not derail this thread anymore, it looks like gas prices remain the same prices as last week.

What frosted my butt was when I read the below news caption as Breaking News:

Immigrants eligible for Social Security, Medicare under Obama plan.

So as to not derail this thread anymore, it looks like gas prices remain the same prices as last week.

I don't think we can have an intelligent, educated, HONEST discussion about the gas price without including the taxes we pay directly to the state and federal government and then the hidden taxes we pay for our military and foreign aid budgets that are necessary to control the global economy-------specifically our desperate attempt to "protect our national security interests" in the Middle East but by no means limited to those obvious multi-trillion dollar wars. All over the globe we have to support OUR "allies" and the most critical aspect of this is our access to energy resources in these faraway lands. God forbid China or Russia corner us in these parts of the world. It's GAME OVER, seriously. That's what it's all about.

THAT is why it cost so much to fill your tank with gas. THAT is also why every little squirmish around the world has the potential to jack up or crash the price of a barrel of oil immediately affecting the price at the pump. I'm frankly amazed that people want to blame Wall Street and Chicago Mercantile traders. Yeah, they can certainly "manipulate" prices to some extent for short periods of time to reap insane profits. But those profits are actually drops of water in the ocean in the context of global energy issues. And while they can affect the global prices they can't CONTROL the global price for any extended period of time. You can make many, many billions of dollars in financial markets on very small moves over fairly short periods of time with no need to know or ability to control the longer term. As Baretta used to say, that's the name of that tune.

We sucked our hemisphere dry of cheap, easy, light sweet crude. Now we have to drill in the Arctic, miles and miles beneath the oceans and worse still suck tar out of (shale) rocks and covert that muck into oil. All of this is very expensive stuff. In order to maintain our status as a superpower we've gone into debt by so many trillions and trillions of dollars that the currency is threatened and devalued at the same time. At this moment-----against foreign currency----the dollar is appreciating in value. We are the best looking horse in line at the glue factory. A dollar will continue to buy less and less of everything------excepting maybe Japanese Yen, Euro or the Ruble. Understanding THIS is key to making sense again of why it costs so much to fill your tank.

It's raining outside so I'm sitting here ranting..............I'll get out of here now. (G)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back