I had a weak moment...

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sorry. You seem to be confusing my tropical paradise known as "south jersey" with it's b**** counterpart "north jersey". We can name at least a dozen wawas in geographical order, we judge where you live by what exit you get off at, and we eat gods candy also known as Taylor ham, not pork roll. If you don't know what I'm talking about you'll have to ask a LOCAL!

Sent from my HTC One using Flooring Forum mobile app

Yes, this country is very significantly divided geographically/demographically. New Jersey and California are amongst the more extreme examples of wealth, healthy industry or natural beauty on one "side of town" with filth, corruption, poverty and the worst imaginable pollution "on the other side of the tracks".

I kind of figured most people here would be living on the right side of the tracks------so to speak. Internet access and a job are dead give aways.

Ernesto, what is the approximate price of the Ruger?
and Ws6, what about the XDS?

With the stainless rail you can pick one up for just over 400 ducats. Very similar hand guns but some minor differences, well kinda major in one aspect is that mine has a double stack clip. So ten rounds in the short clip, 17 rounds in the longer one with the pinky finger rest. So chambered it's 11 rds and 18rds. Double stacks rule LOL
Lots of single stack guns out there now. Mine is also 1 inch wide, mostly because it is a double stack. If the XDS was a double stack it would prolly be another 1/4 inch wider.

I dont like the grip saftey on the XDS-45. I prefer the flip up saftey which is easily accessable with the thumb and ambidexterious as well.

Same glock like trigger. Mine has a red flag up top denoting it is loaded.

Oh, W6, check out this video, at the end it shows you why it had a recall. So check your weapon and see if it needs to be sent in.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2012/08/ryan-finn/gun-review-springfield-armory-xds-45-acp/

Both fine American made weapons.

Last edited:
One more thing to think about is cost of ammo, avaliability and just dont buy a hammer fired semi-auto. W6's and mine are pin fire and are like twice as quick as a trigger. Just the throw on some hammer fired pistols are way to long and will throw off your accuracy.
So just go buy a new one. You can't tell how many rounds have been fired through a gun.

Check out the Ruger LC9 if you want a super concealable weapon. It is one of those hammer-fired locked-breech single-stack handguns. I was going to buy one until I saw the SRC9.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/03/robert-farago/gun-review-ruger-lc9/

Last edited:
Yeah I definitely made sure the gun was post recall before I bought it. I didn't want to have to go through all that mess.

As far as single stack goes, it's going to take some getting used to. My glock 19 is 14+1 I think so going to 5+1 is a huge difference. I'm liking the weight reduction though. It's not pulling my pants down like the 19 does.

Oh, one more important safety feature of my SR9c is that it will not fire if a round is chambered and the clip is out. Important to me cus I almost shot myself with a SW 9mm when I was a clumsy teenager cleaning my weapon. Damn near gave me a heart attack too. Not to mention the bullet hole in my dads ceiling. lol

to this day I swear I checked if there was a round in there. :eek:

Almost pulled the trigger (pardon the pun) on a glock 29 10mm today at the gun show. Just couldn't do it. I have a terrible itch for one though.

Theres a gun show in Tucson this weekend, but I'm not going. Have to save my money for LV next weekend. :)

The gun show here had some awesome deals. The xds I just bought last week for $499 was selling for $458 which is amazing.

Latest posts

Back