Just wondering

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last shop I worked out of, the owners retired. Economy was down and so they just sold off the stock and the buildings. It had been owned by their family for 70 years. The last couple's son wanted no part of it.

Gentleman Ty, your making me feel grateful, buisness is looking up finally. So far this year over 8000 sq in hardwood I might have to hire someone, but the problem is a lot of guys got out if it and I haven't had a whole lot of look teaching a new person , they don't want to work that hard.

The last shop I worked out of, the owners retired. Economy was down and so they just sold off the stock and the buildings. It had been owned by their family for 70 years. The last couple's son wanted no part of it.

I suppose they could have hired someone to run it. Personally, I don't have the mind to run a shop and I'd probably do the same thing, especially with the economy down. Back in the 70's when I was learning this trade, it was totally different than it is today. Seemed there was a mutual respect and appreciation between the owners and the installers. The whole pace of the game was different.

Gentleman Ty, your making me feel grateful, buisness is looking up finally. So far this year over 8000 sq in hardwood I might have to hire someone, but the problem is a lot of guys got out if it and I haven't had a whole lot of look teaching a new person , they don't want to work that hard.

That's good news to hear.

Latest posts

Back